Syncing Found Geocaches with Magellan eXplorist 610 and Geocaching.com

dylan7a

Does anyone know if there is a way I can sync the Found Caches On Geocaching.com with my Magellan eXplorist 610, So that the "lifetime found" count in the GPS matches what my Geocaching.com account says, and that any cache I have found in the GPS gets a smile in the list.

Any help would be appreciated.

Run a PQ of your found caches. Then go through one by one and mark them as found.

It's the long way, but I imagine I'd have to do the same with my GC (which is, essentially, the same model class.)

I'm also finding, with my GC, Some things I can force to the data, some things, seem to be save in an internal RAM, and completely ignore the content of the flash-RAM accessed when you connect the device to a computer.

This is what have been looking for aswell, I have the Magellan eXplorist 310 and am about to attempt to link things.

I thinking about going to all my finds and sending them to my GPS unit and then listing them as found...hope it works. Then anything new I add should come up as not found?

Ohwell, we'll see

Finds do not transfer from teh unit to the site. In order to claim the find you must log it. Go to the cache page of each cache and log your find.

On the 610 the "logs" are listed In the geocache file on the internal drive and can be transferred to your "field notes"..from there you log them right on geocaching site.........TY

I have the same problem with my Explorist 610, I tried to sync a pocket query with my found, it didn't work. I tried the Auto Pocket query from Geocaching.com and it didn't work either. It seems that when I sync my caches they lost their Found status... anyone have a solution?

thanks

This has been reported and is supposed to be added in a coming firmware release. However, there is an easy what to edit the Life Time Found number in your GPS. However, before making any edits please make a copy of the XML file for a backup and remember that you do this at your own risk - although this is really easy.

If you connect your GPS to your computer and open the Setting.XML file in the Apps directory, the number is store under:

<Setting name="GC_LIFE_TIME_FOUND" type="int">6541</Setting>

All you have to do is change the number 6541 to the total number of your finds and then save the file back to the GPS and then boot the GPS and go caching!!!

David

Magellan Insider

Edited by Socal ZukiCachers
On 11/6/2012 at 10:37 PM, Socal ZukiCachers said:

This has been reported and is supposed to be added in a coming firmware release. However, there is an easy what to edit the Life Time Found number in your GPS. However, before making any edits please make a copy of the XML file for a backup and remember that you do this at your own risk - although this is really easy.

If you connect your GPS to your computer and open the Setting.XML file in the Apps directory, the number is store under:

<Setting name="GC_LIFE_TIME_FOUND" type="int">6541</Setting>

All you have to do is change the number 6541 to the total number of your finds and then save the file back to the GPS and then boot the GPS and go caching!!!

David

Magellan Insider

Hi - another user pointed me to your post regarding resetting my exploristGC counter.  As it happens the Geocache Summary (under Tools) says 0 finds yet when I look in the Awards page I find cache counts for Types of Geocaches Found.  How do I clear these numbers?  Maybe another entry in same .xml file?