Blackberry curve 8520 and geocaching help please

splashandfluke

just traded in my seriously antique brick for a blackberry curve 8520

I have an garmin etrex H for geocaching and I know the phone has no GPS - but can it help me at all, can I store caches I'd like to visit on the phone, so I don't have to print out all the info.

Any help much appreciated, cheers

also can I log finds on this phone, I tried to goto geocaching.com and do it through the browser, but wondered if there was an easier way

thanks in advance

very new to geocaching, first smart phone, so affraid pretty clueless about all this

I have an garmin etrex H for geocaching and I know the phone has no GPS - but can it help me at all, can I store caches I'd like to visit on the phone, so I don't have to print out all the info.

also can I log finds on this phone, I tried to goto geocaching.com and do it through the browser, but wondered if there was an easier way

thanks in advance

very new to geocaching, first smart phone, so affraid pretty clueless about all this

CacheSense

Geocache Navigator

Blackstar

I use CacheSense. You can log via CacheSense but I don't. I use it to record field notes per cache and log when I get home.

thanks in advance

CacheSense

Geocache Navigator

Blackstar

I use CacheSense. You can log via CacheSense but I don't. I use it to record field notes per cache and log when I get home.

I've used Blackstar and CS and with the latest CS (with live geocaching.com API), I'm sold on CS 100%. I'm totally paperless now and get my caches, log my caches, map my approach to caches (integrates BB maps and/or Google maps), and even automatically posts my finds to Facebook :P .

As for logging my finds, I use CS and not my PC anymore. I enter a new field note right after my find so I have everything fresh in my memory. I have CS configured to automatically post my log to geocaching.com and to post a find note on Facebook. I used to do this all at home, but after 3 or 4 finds in an afternoon, my memory gets a bit jumbled...must be getting old :lol:

thanks in advance

CacheSense

Geocache Navigator

Blackstar

I've used Blackstar and CS and with the latest CS (with live geocaching.com API), I'm sold on CS 100%. I'm totally paperless now and get my caches, log my caches, map my approach to caches (integrates BB maps and/or Google maps), and even automatically posts my finds to Facebook :P .

As for logging my finds, I use CS and not my PC anymore. I enter a new field note right after my find so I have everything fresh in my memory. I have CS configured to automatically post my log to geocaching.com and to post a find note on Facebook. I used to do this all at home, but after 3 or 4 finds in an afternoon, my memory gets a bit jumbled...must be getting old :lol:

I just upgraded to the latest version of CS and really like what I see. I'm so looking forward to connecting to GC via CacheSense while I'm travelling. Especially great for looking for caches that I didn't download a Pocket Query for. There's a "Search Options" tool that allows filtering by cache type, cache size, difficulty and terrain. It will even let you include archived caches.

I love the field notes feature on CS. That's where I put spoilers - a detailed description of the cache and the hide which I don't post on my GC log but will copy and paste to the "Notes" section of the GC page. I also like the photo feature and that it automatically puts the GC Code into the photo's filename - great for organization.