Pocket Query request

GroundClutter

Currently, one can do a PQ search by zip code or coordinate. However, for the many Canadian cachers out there, may we please have a search by Postal Code? It is available on the regular geocaching search, and would be a fantastic addition to pocket queries.

Thank you kindly!

"You are cleared for geocaching."

I know there's a database for the center coordinates of the ZIP codes. Is there an analogous database for the center coordinates of the Canadian postal codes? (If you happened to have such a database, I imagine it would be "easier" to add them to the search, but I don't know how easy or hard it is to get it.)

[[[ ClayJar Networks ]]]

Home of Watcher downloads, Official Geocaching Chat, and the Geocache Rating System

Is it possible? Yes. Do you have the database for him to load to make it work? Probably not. If you do a little legwork (fingerwork?) you can probably speed it up by finding such a DB, otherwise, is it possible? Yep. Does Jeremy have the DB to do it? I don't know, but I imagine if he did, he'd have done it by now? (Not to put keystrokes into his keyboard or anything.)

[[[ ClayJar Networks ]]]

Home of Watcher downloads, Official Geocaching Chat, and the Geocache Rating System

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

Is it possible? Yes. Do you have the database for him to load to make it work?

Clayjar the site must already have the database as it is possible to search by Canadian postal code ( as well as the UK and Austrailia )from the home page of Geocaching.com. What we're asking for is the same feature to be added to the pocket query searchs.

PDOP's GPS Pages

Jeremy..

First, a big YAY for all your (and all the others') work in getting the forums up and running. If I wasn't already a paying member, I sure would be now. Now...let me pile more work on you... could we please have a pocket query search by postal code for us Canucks? (by the way, I totally support the "no image in the posts" thing.) There. Did brown nosing help my cause? :)

While we're on the topic......

How about an easy way to center a PQ on a cache? Ideal might be a link on the cache page to generate a PQ based on the cache coords.

Still useful, and probably easier to add; add a field for the GC# to the "From Origin" section.

Often, I will plan my caching trips around an event, or one certain cache. After I have that starting point, I want to generate a PQ for everything in that area.

Right now I have to manually enter the long/lat, or look up the zipcode. Just entering the GC# would be much faster.