iphone app + premium membership

jeffheif1

I have been using the geocaching iPhone app for a few years now, and I just got the premium membership, but the premium-member-only geocaches didn't show up on the list view or map. (But when I type in the GC code, I can see the cache.) Since you can no longer "log out" of the newest version of the iPhone app, I tried making a fake geocaching account and logged into the fake account, and then back to my own, and now luck. Does anyone know how else I could fix the problem?

If someone could respond ASAP, that would be great so I can grab the premium caches today!

I had the same problem. I ended up deleting the app from my phone and then installing it again, it only took a few minutes and I didn't need to pay for the app again. When I logged back in it worked fine and showed everything.

There may be an easier way to do this though!

It looks like this is a bug in our system at the moment. You are correct, you should be able to see the Premium member only caches by logging in to the app again. Our developers are looking in to this.

If anyone is still experiencing this, please let us know the following:

What phone are you using (iPhone 4, 3GS, etc)

What version of the app?

When did you upgrade your Premium membership?

Are you able to see any other Premium features? ie, Pocket Queries, Premium Member Only caches option in Advanced Search, etc?

Can you enter the GC code to see the cache listing?

Any additional information you can provide would be infinitely helpful so we can fix this!

In the meantime, yes, you can delete and reinstall the app without paying for it. It may prompt you to 'buy now', but once you enter the same iTunes account password, it will recognize your previous purchase and you can download it for free.

Please note, the app generally takes about an hour to update your cached user data. If you have just upgraded your account, please try logging in again after an hour or so.

Thank you very much!

[Edited to add additional suggestion.]

Edited by NicoleLackey

I have had this issue after I joined as a premium member a few days ago. I could not get the premium caches to show up, not even by typing their name in, only the geocache code. I just did as was suggested and deleted the app, then went back to the app store and downloaded it again. Works great now AND Pocket Queries now popped up on the front page too. Cool!

I have an iPhone 3GS

had the latest version of the app 4.5.1

I upgraded my membership on July 26th

no, apparently I didn't have the other premium features show up either.

It looks like this is a bug in our system at the moment. You are correct, you should be able to see the Premium member only caches by logging in to the app again. Our developers are looking in to this.

What version of the app?

Are you able to see any other Premium features? ie, Pocket Queries, Premium Member Only caches option in Advanced Search, etc?

Any additional information you can provide would be infinitely helpful so we can fix this!

In the meantime, yes, you can delete and reinstall the app without paying for it. It may prompt you to 'buy now', but once you enter the same iTunes account password, it will recognize your previous purchase and you can download it for free.

Thank you very much!

I have had this issue after I joined as a premium member a few days ago. I could not get the premium caches to show up, not even by typing their name in, only the geocache code. I just did as was suggested and deleted the app, then went back to the app store and downloaded it again. Works great now AND Pocket Queries now popped up on the front page too. Cool!

I have an iPhone 3GS

had the latest version of the app 4.5.1

I upgraded my membership on July 26th

no, apparently I didn't have the other premium features show up either.

What version of the app?

Thank you very much!

Thanks for letting us know, SoNotCal!

i'm having the same problem.

iPhone 4

version 4.5.2

today (about 2 hours ago)

no premium features

premium caches can be accessed by entereing the gc code

havent reinstalled the app yet, but i'll try later.

i guess, the listings the i downloaded for offline use, will be gone after i deleted an reinstalled the app, right?

cheers

blubbmaster