Who gets to log the cache

MountainTopRock

Hello everyone,just signed up today.I'm located,"Where the Bluegrass Kisses the Mountains"if anyone would like to google that :).I have my GPS on order and have been doing some reading here and am excited about getting started.I'm only going with the FM for now until I get a feel for the game,then I may go for the PM if I decide to stick with it............My question for now is when doing this as a family and one person finds the cache would only that person log the find or would all members get to log it as well?

Some families like to cache together and just use the one account name. In other families (especially if the children are older) all members may have their own separate accounts and each one writes their own log. Sometimes babies, even dogs, have their own accounts and manage to do their logging... :blink:

MrsB :)

Some families like to cache together and just use the one account name. In other families (especially if the children are older) all members may have their own separate accounts and each one writes their own log. Sometimes babies, even dogs, have their own accounts and manage to do their logging... :blink:

MrsB :)

That's a good point.I guess everyone wouldn't have to have an account to participate.................Taking the dog along could be an advantage but could also be upsetting if the dog found the cache more often :anibad::lol:

Some people play Three Musketeers style: Once one person finds it, they announce the find, and everyone signs the log.

Some people play Huckle Buckle Beanstalk style: Once one person finds it, they back away, announce the find, and wait for everyone else to find it. Often they start giving the others hints (warmer, colder,...) until everyone else has either found it or given up.

Play whichever way you enjoy most. And you don't have to play the same way for every cache. I tend to prefer Huckle Buckle Beanstalk style for more interesting hides, and Three Musketeers style for caches where the hide is more routine and the point is the journey, or the view at the cache site, or whatever.

We just have one account for our family, since the kids are unlikely to go caching without us anyway. Neither are the dogs, even though our account is named after them. :laughing: We are thinking of getting them "Log My Dog" tags and then dipping them into the caches we find when they are with us. "Visited by real live wiener dogs!"

We just have one account for our family, since the kids are unlikely to go caching without us anyway. Neither are the dogs, even though our account is named after them. :laughing: We are thinking of getting them "Log My Dog" tags and then dipping them into the caches we find when they are with us. "Visited by real live wiener dogs!"

Love it! They NEED those tags IMO :)