Mega 2013

I second all that PuP said :D

Everyone I spoke to was extremely positive about all that had been organised with plenty going on - so much so that we stayed an extra night in our hotel as it was a late decision to actually attend. The hard work you put in was in evidence in all we saw.

The bar has been reraised - you have a hard act to follow but I know you will give it your best shot. We'll be there and put me down to help on registration :P

Lilian

Have to say the Mega 2012 at Cartmel was fantastic, a virtually perfect weekend which accomplished the rare thing of being relaxing whilst being vibrant too. The effort put in was plain to see, with a camp site CREATED on the site. Generators, hookups, showers, boilers were all brought in, and a huge marquee which meant that the entire event was dog friendly. Loads of stalls, plenty of local produce, a fantastic area to walk in from the venue itself, free parking. The outdoor format worked PERFECTLY and felt just right. The bar has been raised!!

<claps> agree totally. It was ACE and such a lovely camping atmosphere. Can't wait for next years!

The bar has been reraised - you have a hard act to follow but I know you will give it your best shot. We'll be there and put me down to help on registration :P

Lilian

We certainly have: I'd never been to a Mega before Cartmel, but having been to that one and seen what had been achieved, I now know we have our work cut out to match (and hopefully better) it. :blink:

Thank you for the offer of help, Lilian, it will be greatly appreciated.

Let's not forget that the official UK Mega for 2014 is going to be Ayr in Scotland.

Got me interested smile.gif

I registered to the 2014 mega forum, and now waiting for an admin to approve it smile.gif

edit: hey, I'm in smile.gif

Edited by ekhoc
Let's not forget that the official UK Mega for 2014 is going to be Ayr in Scotland.
A good point well made, but the agreed, correct phrase is 'Annual UK Mega' - The only thing which makes a Mega official is Groundspeak listing it as one :)

Oh Please!! Do we really have to be pedantic over what was precisely written? I'm sure most people knew what I meant. :(

Edit to add, that it is the 'Official Annual UK Mega' as those that decide have already done so.

Edited by Haggis Hunter

Where: The Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon, Warwickshire

When: 10am-5pm, Saturday August 3rd, 2013

Twitter: Mega2013

Facebook: UK-Mega-Event-2013

Everyone should go. It'll be great :)

Edited to add I especially like its location, close to the UK's centre of population and, as a loose guess, centre of population for cachers too.

Edited by Simply Paul
Looks like someone has hacked into Simple (sic) Paul's account...

There's been no mention of Geolympix for a couple of posts now! :D

Mark

I've been subliminally training other people to do it for me :anibad:

You can't subliminally train someone. I've never heard such a lot of utter Geolympix in all my life. :blink:

Your Update for November 2012:

Do you shop with Amazon, Tesco, Sainsbury’s M&S or Argos? You can raise money for UK Mega Event 2013 whenever you shop with them and 3000 other stores by using our fundraising website, easyfundraising. It won’t cost you a penny more and everything you buy will raise money for UK Mega Event 2013.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/cause/ukmegaevent2013

Remember do not forget to visit the Mega Shop at http://www.mega2013.co.uk/ where you can buy a variety of merchandise for the Mega 2013 event and offical Mega 2013 clothing. So Why not order your clothing or buy your merchandise NOW.

WOW.... Good News everyone, for a limited time ONLY you can get the GEOCOIN/TAG BUNDLE for £22.50 visit our Shop NOW.

http://www.mega2013.co.uk/prestashop/en/26-geocoin-tag-bundle.html

Not long now till our "We wish you MEGA Christmas" Event.

If you didn't know its on the 2nd December Shelly Farm Community Centre, Solihull, B90 4EH.

Santa will be there, mince pies, tea/coffee, chat and plenty of friends .... what more do you need to have a good time !

Hi All

So looking forward to this event after attending the Mega 2012. Is there any update on the Camping as I will need to book some time off and need to know the dates?

The plan is to have camping available from the Monday night prior to the event right up to the event weekend itself. More information soon as we are in the process of finalising details. This way people can come straight to us from Piratemania ;)

Hi All

So looking forward to this event after attending the Mega 2012. Is there any update on the Camping as I will need to book some time off and need to know the dates?

The plan is to have camping available from the Monday night prior to the event right up to the event weekend itself. More information soon as we are in the process of finalising details. This way people can come straight to us from Piratemania ;)

It may be worth looking into extending this as there is a chance that a number of people may want to stop beyond the event weekend.

Hi All

It may be worth looking into extending this as there is a chance that a number of people may want to stop beyond the event weekend.

We are hoping to camp from Wednesday to Wednesday!

Gaydon has always been very accommodating for me and my other hobby's in the past the events Team up there is really good there is loads of scope, And I hope the mega team have made use of all there facility's

Inc there camping on site and use of the indoor facility's in the evenings not looked at any web pages yet and just to note there is a good pub just down the road as well as the on site stuff :anibad:

For all those after more information about the Mega, we now have our own section on the Groundspeak Forums. The link is as follows

Uk Mega 2013 Forum

We've recently made an announcement about the camping, full details can be found on the forum listed above and also on our own website www.mega2013.org.uk. There'll be plenty more announcements soon including the all important side events!

Please get in touch with any feedback and suggestions. After all we are doing this for the geocaching community and without you there would be no point having a Mega.