Offline Android Help!

Ive searched, and searched.. but everything ive found hasnt been working for me. To give a little bit of background, I got hurt pretty bad, and have been waiting for disability ever since. Needless to say, im broke as broke can be lol. I was introduced to geocaching awhile back ago, and have used it to help with the exercise needed to regain strength etc.. and its helped alot. I love it!! Anyways, since im in the spot that Im in.. I cant afford to go buy a new gps unit at this time, all ive been using is my old android phone. It is a motorola i1 from boost. Since its not activated, I started just using gps test app, which works great.. but got tired of having to write/print all the coords to the oens that id want to go find. Just was time consuming, and at times I wished I had a map or something to go by. Ive downloaded geobeable, cgeo, geocaching app etc.. and they all seem to work fine offline, 'cept the maps. Ive searched all over looking for some offline maps to use with these apps.. but no luck. I know alot of you were saying this Locus app works great, but I tried.. looks like its only for 1.6 and higher. the motorola i1 runs 1.5.. ugh. Im sure there's atleast a few others that have tried to do this as well.. im just not having much luck. If anyone could point me in the right direction, id be greatful! I usually go out caching with my buddy, after I got him hooked.. and he bought a explorist gc, so we usually use it, but when im out alone.. being able to take advantage of an app on my phone would be great!! Thanks in advance!

This may be the hard way but if you're versed in map reading it'll work. If you can get your hands on a UTM map, plot the caches on the map, use the map to get as close as you can to gz then use your gpsr to get to gz.

I know this works b/c we ran a scenario on our search & rescue squad involving a lost geocacher; we just weren't allowed to use our gpsrs to get us to the caches & had to rely on our land nav skills.