Geocaching statistics page - no word/character counts?

So I was recently informed that geocaching now has its own statistics page (extra nice, since any of the 'downloaded' type stats programs have a tendency to dislike Linux if I recall correctly). It seems to have pretty much everything that itsnotaboutthenumbers had, minus the word/character count for your logs.

Does anyone else miss that? I always thought it was really interesting to wander over to a random geocacher's profile who had a high log length and read the stories that the posted for their caches. I made a suggestion for it, but I don't know how often those get checked or implemented. I've really got to start spending more time perusing the geocaching site as a whole and seeing what new stuff is kicking around.

But yeah, primary purpose of the topic, anyone else miss not having a stats page that shows word count/character count? I can't find even a single stats program that does this anymore, online or offline.

But yeah, primary purpose of the topic, anyone else miss not having a stats page that shows word count/character count? I can't find even a single stats program that does this anymore, online or offline.

GSAK's FindStatGen3 macro generates statistics for total words, average words per log, total characters, longest log, and shortest log.

Actually I still have an account over at mycachingstats.com and they do this. It's actually the site that Groundspeak acquired to make their own stats page so I wouldn't think this would be too hard to implement? (There are alas more than a few things I like over there that never transferred over, such as a US counties map.)

Actually I still have an account over at mycachingstats.com and they do this. It's actually the site that Groundspeak acquired to make their own stats page so I wouldn't think this would be too hard to implement? (There are alas more than a few things I like over there that never transferred over, such as a US counties map.)

Sounds like you mean http://www.mygeocachingprofile.com/

Right, and that site includes the word/character count. Have to add it to your profile, and the Statistics tab is a lite version.

Sounds like you mean http://www.mygeocachingprofile.com/

Whoops that's the one, sorry! :anicute: