Geocaching looging problem

cache-fan

After updating my Ksaperski protection I get the following error message when trying to open and to enter a log for a cache. Any idea what causes this?

403.6 - ForbiddenIP address of the client has been rejected.

The requested page can not be accessed via anonymous proxies.

Looks like some security setting has to be deactivated, Help will be appreciated.

After updating my Ksaperski protection I get the following error message when trying to open and to enter a log for a cache. Any idea what causes this?

Looks like some security setting has to be deactivated, Help will be appreciated.

Oh no, it looks like your geocaching days are over - so sad!! :sad::laughing:

Sorry I can't help. My tech skills are about 20 years past their sell-by date. :rolleyes:

I hope you come right....

As the message tries to tell you your assigned dynamic IP address (your unique identifier on the net) has been rejected by the Groundspeak server. I have similarly been blocked from site and the only way to really get action is to email the site admins in this case Groundspeak. Perhaps the range of IP numbers your ISP uses has been blocked because of abuse.

Here's what you can do to help GS help you. browse to checkmyip.com - the cute girl will be pointing at your IP number. Copy this and paste it into an email to GS asking if there is any reason why your IP number has been blocked.

If you believe it has to do with kaspersky just temporarily disable it and try again.

Also check that you are not using some or other proxy which could be on a blocking list. Its browser/os dependant where you check this but google will help you. If you are using a proxy try connecting directly without using the proxy.

Try a different browser.

Hope some of these suggestions will help you

Trev

Edited by trevorh7000

If you are using ADSL try getting a new IP address. Try resetting your router or just waiting for it to change around midnight. Of course if it is a range of them then this will not help.

Good luck.

Thanks for all your advise, having this problem since installing Kasperky new version after old one expired, about 10 days ago. Have send Kasperky also a mail but no response yet?

Also have not changed internet providers were I am using IBurst since years (Wireless DSL).

Will try to disable Kaspersky and see.

For what its worth I use Kaspersky on 2 different laptops and don't have any problems. It might have been a coincidence with the update? I am running version 9.1.0.124 (a.b ) I see that if you click on the "Support" at the bottom of the Kaspersky page it can direct you to their User Forum. Have you tried checking that out yet? Hope this helps.

Edited by cincol