What is the point...

The top 5 are

1 under review

2 started

3 planned

4 planned

5 started

So 3 out of 5, nothing has been done.

No. 2 Bring back Virtuals, is due for release in June or July, if anything changes we'll let you know. Due out today then!!!!!

No. 5 3rd Party API, been waiting since Xmas, a monthly update isn't too much to ask is it ?

No. 2 Bring back Virtuals, is due for release in June or July, if anything changes we'll let you know. Due out today then!!!!!

There was a recent announcement on this one saying the Jeremy would make an announcement at the GS Bloc Party in August. I am sure someone will find the link and the date for it, but this one is moving forward.

There was a recent announcement on this one saying the Jeremy would make an announcement at the GS Bloc Party in August. I am sure someone will find the link and the date for it, but this one is moving forward.

That quote from J is immediately under that suggestion in the feedback forum.

Back to the original point though, the 'top 5' only shows those which are still outstanding, it doesn't show those which have already been accepted, developed, and implemented.

A quick manual calculation suggests there are:

1900 suggestions outstanding.

474 of the outstanding suggestions have been accepted, and remember a lot of the outstanding suggestions will be utterly useless ideas posted by someone with no clue.

However there have already been 786 completed already, so no I don't think it is just paying lip service.

Back to the original point though, the 'top 5' only shows those which are still outstanding, it doesn't show those which have already been accepted, developed, and implemented.

The 'top 5' have been the 'top 5' since last year.

Surely one would of been finished by now...

remember a lot of the outstanding suggestions will be utterly useless ideas posted by someone with no clue.

Leaving more time to finsih the more popular ones.

However there have already been 786 completed already, so no I don't think it is just paying lip service.

The things that were going to be carried out anyway.

If they were listening the popular threads would be finsihed first, therefore it's Lip-Service...

In any case a monthly update isn't asking too much is it ?

The 'top 5' have been the 'top 5' since last year.

Surely one would of been finished by now...

That depends on the development effort involved in implementing the top 5.

Leaving more time to finsih the more popular ones.

That kind of depends on the size of the development team, which I suspect is not huge, this is not Google/Apple/Microsoft we're talking about here.

The things that were going to be carried out anyway.

Evidence? or is this just your speculation?

If they were listening the popular threads would be finsihed first, therefore it's Lip-Service...

Again it comes down to effort required. Sometimes it's best to go for the low hanging fruit first, otherwise there would be someone banging on about why GS spent months implementing a complex change when they didn't implement a quick fix for the simple things that could be done with a couple of lines of code change.

In any case a monthly update isn't asking too much is it ?

Can't deny that a regular update would be good, but on the Virtuals idea there was an update stating that it would be anounced on Aug 20th, so that doesn't need repeating. The API idea does have an update (though for the life of me I can't tell when it was issued), and I believe the API has been released to some developers. There's a statement from J on why the nano size is not straightforward, and what's the point of repeating every month that "this is still complicated and we haven't got a date for it yet"?

Going for the low hanging fruit makes sense but at the same time it doesn't hurt to provide some form of feedback on the larger projects.

Even if the top five are major pieces of work presumably there's been at least some progress on at least one of them. If the development team is only one person then I'd still expect to see something like a sense of relative priority for tasks that are apparently going to be done at some point.

The nano size could have ramifications for other apps that load GPX files from what I gather, although why a virtual cache type can't be reinstated with almost no coding effort at all is far from clear. Perhaps they are planning some form of automated validation to prevent armchair logging.

... although why a virtual cache type can't be reinstated with almost no coding effort at all is far from clear. Perhaps they are planning some form of automated validation to prevent armchair logging.

From Jeremy's posts here, it appears that the 'New Virtuals' will be a rather different beasts from the old Virtuals, so I guess it involves more complicated stuff*.

* MrsB's technical term for things she knows nothing about.

MrsB

... although why a virtual cache type can't be reinstated with almost no coding effort at all is far from clear. Perhaps they are planning some form of automated validation to prevent armchair logging.

From Jeremy's posts here, it appears that the 'New Virtuals' will be a rather different beasts from the old Virtuals, so I guess it involves more complicated stuff*.

* MrsB's technical term for things she knows nothing about.

MrsB

Interesting, thanks for the link. It would still be nice to have some idea of what form they were going to take - words like "it's an exciting project" are just so much marketing fluff.