Groundspeaks Blog

I checked out what's currently on Groundspeaks blog today and I'm really glad I did.

Down on the right side they've got a video on Creative caches. That video is a cache I've been to.

Groundspeak's blog

I'm really happy to see this guy get some recognition. He's done some of the best caches around. One cache (last time I checked) had 136 favorite points on it. (Maybe more now?)

They interviewed the guy. It's really good. He had some trouble in the past with people taking apart his cache rather than use the method they are supposed to (see video)and he was upset about it for a while. He's finally getting some recognition of his hard work so I think it's helping heal the wounds from careless cachers. It's good he's getting the appreciation he deserves.This guy is great!!

There's also other interesting creative cache ideas on the video.

What have you seen on the blog in the past or present that you like?

I never watch those videos. They all show cool caches that are too far away for me to ever find.

But, you could use those ideas and expand on them for your own hide, I'm sure! I envision you placing caches that folks would enjoy, probably as you have a sense of humour....

course, one of those hides shown was a certain dusty goblin. He will also be at that event I hear. I have done both of the Dayspring caches shown there (well, the original version of one of them) and even once had the chance of going into his house unexpectedly, that was cool. Did not get to see his workshop though. I know of 4 really good PNW cachers who make nice ones....Dayspring, Goblindust, Cetos, and DT3. Some folks occasionally have a good cache but these 4 do it the most consistently.

Edited by lamoracke

course, one of those hides shown was a certain dusty goblin. He will also be at that event I hear. I have done both of the Dayspring caches shown there (well, the original version of one of them) and even once had the chance of going into his house unexpectedly, that was cool. Did not get to see his workshop though. I know of 4 really good PNW cachers who make nice ones....Dayspring, Goblindust, Cetos, and DT3. Some folks occasionally have a good cache but these 4 do it the most consistently.

Yes, we are excited that our Summer Picnic and Creative Caches Fair this Saturday will have several top Washington cachers showing off their contraption caches, including Dayspring, Mr. Gadget #2, and Goblindust. I was hoping Alnilam and MCRT would make it, too, but they had other plans. Those are five great names to know (among many others) if you like creative caches and are visiting the Puget Sound area, say for the Groundspeak Block Party and Going APE events. B)

Oh, and thanks to Sol Seaker for flagging the creative caches video on the Latitude 47 page. I saw the videos box in the right column below the poll and that was the featured one - very cool to see Dayspring talking about his caches, including his famous Totally Tubular series. I notice the featured video changes when you revisit/refresh the page, which is why some folks may not have seen it.