Stupid question about private topics

parkrrrr

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

icon_confused.gifDo they all have to be on your contacts before you can add them to private discussion? icon_confused.gif

You can add individuals to one-on-one private topics from the dropdown you get when you click on their names. To create a roundtable-type discussion, yeah, they need to be in your contacts. The question is, once a discussion like that is going, how can I invite more people?

warm.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

You can add individuals to one-on-one private topics from the dropdown you get when you click on their names. To create a roundtable-type discussion, yeah, they need to be in your contacts. The question is, once a discussion like that is going, how can I invite more people?

If memory serves correctly, that problem came to light about 1-1/2 years ago and I believe at the time someone from TPTB replied that a fix was underway by the Infopop(?) folks and would be out soon. I guess they forgot about it.

Cheers, Olar

"You are only young once but you can stay immature forever"

The answer I got from the Infopop people was that removing people from private topics is in the help but not in the actual forums, which is apparently the documentation getting ahead of the implementation.

As for *adding* people to an existing private topic, they said it was one of their most requested features (um, *duh*), and they were looking into it for a future version.

So, to sum up, the Private Topics thing is a completely worthless feature when it comes to any practical application. Infopop would do better to expunge it from the application until such point as you can add and remove people from private topics, since all it shows now is that they have distanced themselves from the users so far as to be batting at third base.

(They apparently *have* heard enough to put it on the list, but it's apparently not at the top.)

[[[ ClayJar Networks ]]]

Home of Watcher downloads, Official Geocaching Chat, and the Geocache Rating System