Online Chat Room for Geocachers

Howdy Peeps!

Online chat rooms are a great way to get to know people, share ideas, ask questions, etc. I know that most of my other hobbies have them and we all enjoy it.

I was wondering if geocaching had a popular one where people hang out?

Thanks in advance!

~K

Clayjar has an IRC, but I wouldn't want to ask too many questions or share to many ideas lest one of them goes agaisn't there strictly puritan belief system.

Howdy Peeps!

Online chat rooms are a great way to get to know people, share ideas, ask questions, etc. I know that most of my other hobbies have them and we all enjoy it.

Thanks in advance!

~K

Clayjar has an IRC, but I wouldn't want to ask too many questions or share to many ideas lest one of them goes agaisn't there strictly puritan belief system.

Don't worry about Coldgears... he doesn't bite.

Besides here?

This is a forum, it works well, but it isn't a live chat.

There is this one Clayjar's Chat there is also a link to it on the main forum list page.

I know thar, but most of us use this place rather like a chat room,

I like ClayJar's.

Get a good micro or TFTC thread going and it practically becomes live chat.

Besides here?

There is this one Clayjar's Chat there is also a link to it on the main forum list page.

I like ClayJar's.

7:37 here. What time have you got?

Edited by knowschad

Besides here?

I like ClayJar's.

7:37 here. What time have you got?

8:44 (But we're not discussing a hot topic issue.) ;)

Howdy Peeps!

Thanks in advance!

~K

Unless you pay.

Howdy Peeps!

Thanks in advance!

~K

Unless you pay.

Even then he just gnaws at you.

Howdy Peeps!

Thanks in advance!

~K

Unless you pay.

Well, yeah, if you're just a Premium members. He'll acutally bite Platinum members.

Howdy Peeps!

Thanks in advance!

~K

Unless you pay.

He does that whether you pay or not.

Howdy Peeps!

Thanks in advance!

~K

Unless you pay.

He does that whether you pay or not.

No comment on the grounds we may get a visit by a certain lab coated mod. :ph34r:

A dating chat room would be great. I'd go for that.

I don't get it. We've had a chat room dedicated to geocachers for, what, 9 years? I'm in it right now.

There are 21 geocachers logged in, most lurking like myself, and 3 people talking.

You have it, you're welcome there. Use it! :D

http://gcchat.clayjar.com/

If you don't like Clayjar's irc channel create your own for free at http://centralchat.net/

Here's one I created for y'all - http://centralchat.net/chat #geodate.

I'm an easy moderator... as long as you don't hate on each other I don't care what you do. First time you act like an a** you get banned forever. Easy.

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

I don't like chat rooms. Forums are better. :grin:

Most folks do, and there certainly are plenty of them out there to choose from! I own or moderate several forums so I won't be creating another for this...especially as I have no desire to explain to my wife why I have started a dating forum for geocachers! :blink: I was just curious if the folks who said they wanted a chat room would use it if one was given to them. So far no one has logged in. I will leave it up until Monday and if no one uses it I will shut it down.

There is not such thing as platinum membership. :ph34r:

That can't be true!, I sent my account number to cachingnigeria.com so they could withdraw $67.45 from my checking account and they have assured me my sertificate is in the mail, I expect to recieve it 3-5 days/months/years.

I have the e-mail to prove it.

It's a little blurry as if it may have gotten wet but I'm sure that's what it says.

I have participating in various email list, online forums, usenet groups, social media groups, etc. for 30 years or so. I can't remember a single one of them that didn't have someone come in and suggest some other medium the participants should use in lieu of the one I'm currently participating in. I don't get it. If a bunch of people are actively participating in a forum such as this one, why should we got to some other chat room, web forum, etc. instead?

I have participating in various email list, online forums, usenet groups, social media groups, etc. for 30 years or so. I can't remember a single one of them that didn't have someone come in and suggest some other medium the participants should use in lieu of the one I'm currently participating in. I don't get it. If a bunch of people are actively participating in a forum such as this one, why should we got to some other chat room, web forum, etc. instead?

I think they are hunting for a communications medium where they can discuss topics and in ways that aren't allowed here.

My guess is that this was sparked by a stated desire in the OT forum for a geocacher's dating site.

They don't seem to really want one, however, since all sorts of options are available (Including one I set up and offered for free) so I think it's just casual conversation.

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

There is not such thing as platinum membership. :ph34r:

That can't be true!, I sent my account number to cachingnigeria.com so they could withdraw $67.45 from my checking account and they have assured me my sertificate is in the mail, I expect to recieve it 3-5 days/months/years.

I have the e-mail to prove it.

It's a little blurry as if it may have gotten wet but I'm sure that's what it says.

And you believed a platinum membership could be obtained for a mere $67.45?