Scarborough Geocachers

Hi there, Im from Scarborough England, and I have been out with a few cachers Chris and Matt, who are friends from other activitys, and I have seen a few people caching but not met anyone yet. Is there any other people who live and go out localy, who would like to come along on a day or a evening looking with us, or would let us come with you lot, there are about 12- 14 in muston, which are a cirular rute, and the more people looking the better I guess, or just a few random ones in Scar, and a few in Hackness, I have info printed and planned out onto a GPS, If anyone is interested, just give us an email or something. andJamie88 geoJamie88@yahoo.co.uk

I wasnt thinking about a massive event, and we have that many other things on, that we go short notice when we have a free evening. This is the first time when have planned that far ahead, but we are thinking of doing the york and malten 100 cache, on the 13th as in this saturday. There will be 3 of us a min, maybe 5 could end up going of my friends anyway, anyone is welcome just let us know if your interested.

I dont mind meeting new people to do a short caching evening, as in the local few before hand. But that is just a big one we are thinking of doing.

Jamie

Edited by and Jamie 88

What a day, we did the hundrad and 7 more. We didnt find one of them to start with which was a downer but we carryed on, after doing all of them we went back to number 45 on our rote, as we got there we found it, it had been replaced in the time we were out walking, so we signed the new log, we were all quite happy with that, picked up a trackable or a coin each to bring back to scarborough, already placed mine out.

Any one else got any plans for days out around Scarborough, Between me and my friends, we were thinking of orgaining a mini event, but dont know how many people would be interested.

What a day, we did the hundrad and 7 more. We didnt find one of them to start with which was a downer but we carryed on, after doing all of them we went back to number 45 on our rote, as we got there we found it, it had been replaced in the time we were out walking, so we signed the new log, we were all quite happy with that, picked up a trackable or a coin each to bring back to scarborough, already placed mine out.

Any one else got any plans for days out around Scarborough, Between me and my friends, we were thinking of orgaining a mini event, but dont know how many people would be interested.

Hello. Im new to geocaching and would like to join you if thats ok i live in scarborough and dont have transport which could be a problem but if you are caching over here in the near future let me know and i will join you Many thanks Rob

I've just returned from two days in Scarborough and Whitby (and surrounding areas). I didn't go for numbers on this trip, but was very selective with the caches I targeted. What a beautiful part of the world though! Only 1 FTF for me. I was hoping for a couple more but I will have to return when (or if!) I solve the cache puzzles. There are indeed some great caches (and waymarks) in the region and if you're lucky with the weather (as we were) the scenery is second to none.

We're over that way next week. The week is already booking up with people to visit/visiting. Any 'must do' caches over that way, particularly child-friendly ones? We're staying at Cayton Bay, so anything that'll get us out of there will be a HUGE plus! :rolleyes:

Raining Cats and Dogs is a classic, and is hidden in a very child-friendly spot.

Giardini Italiani is definitely worth a visit, and free parking is nearby (as is mini golf). Take a picnic!

For some reason I didn't notice Just Hanging Around so I didn't attempt it: but it looks very interesting and again is in a very child-friendly area.

Any suggestions for an easy-ish cache in Scarborough overlooking the sea and big enough for a TB? I have to deposit a travel bug close to water this Bank Holiday Monday. Preferably one not too muggly with it being bank holiday. Cheers

If it is still there, the Two Bays multi ends in a spot with a great view over the South Bay, with a bit of Yorkshire history thrown in too.

I remember it taking less than half an hour to complete.

Not complaining, but talk about micro overload! :rolleyes: Some tricky ones, but there were a couple of micros hidden where you could reasonably get a regular without any problems. With children, its the treasure they're after (however rubbish it might really be!)

Any suggestions for an easy-ish cache in Scarborough overlooking the sea and big enough for a TB? I have to deposit a travel bug close to water this Bank Holiday Monday. Preferably one not too muggly with it being bank holiday. Cheers

Milling About at Cayton Bay might be your best bet.

Ahh. Just realised the date. :anicute:

Edited by Guanajuato

Hi I'm from Scarborough.

Best caches in our area are any hidden by TheWhistleBlowers in my opinion - their smuggler quest caches are amazing.

Must agree there are tons of micros popping up around the town when a proper box could be used & some caches in really unexciting places too. I always try to place the biggest container I can as I know that kids like finding a box with 'stuff' in!

I have a couple of quite cool ideas for my next caches as well. Hopefully they'll be out before Christmas!

Also, I'd be up for meeting some local cachers sometime. Feel free to message me.

Edited by TheGoodNorth