Cointest - win a 'Still Soaring'

NOSNOW

I well believe this...

What I didn't calculate is, that you are lazy cachers.... :laughing:

Seven? You can't be serious!

Seven are at least how many I'll pick up on the way to my kids grandparents next sunday. Get up and go caching I'd say.... :D

Still, have fun and we'll go caching in Cologne, so you'll find some caches, yes?

You know, one can be chatting away and still signing logbooks. It is possible. Just ask my caching buddies... :laughing:

It would be fun to go caching with you.

No one told us that we chat while caching.

We got back from Area 51 to late last night to make a post. But we did get us and got more caches. In fact we have more caches now then we got last year. We went out with a couple of other caches from MN doing some spirit quest, as they are not allowed in MN.

Good Luck with all you. Less then 24 hours left.

Well, the end of day 2. We are having lots of fun so far!!! Just got back from tinfoil hat night at Area 51. We have been catching up with old friends, meeting new friends, trading and caching. We are on the way to get more caches on a MWGB weekend then we have ever gotten. Last year at this time we had 1 cache, this year we are up to 7.

Seven are at least how many I'll pick up on the way to my kids grandparents next sunday. Get up and go caching I'd say.... :D

11 caches, D1

I just got back from the Bash myself. Boy am I beat!! Area 51. Can't talk about that one. ;) We didn't get to cache together again this year so maybe next year we can add caching to our chat!! I go to events like these to meet the people. I can cache anytime but these same people won't be there anytime....

This is not an official entry but just for fun, I used a random number generator to pick that you found 37 caches. difficulty 1.5. I have no idea if that combo has been picked or not but that is what I am picking and I am sticking to it. LOL But it does mean that you found more than I did!

See you two next year!!

I just got back from the Bash myself. Boy am I beat!! Area 51. Can't talk about that one. ;) We didn't get to cache together again this year so maybe next year we can add caching to our chat!! I go to events like these to meet the people. I can cache anytime but these same people won't be there anytime....

You might have a point there. I've never been on a mega event yet, GCF Europe will be my first mega. I'll see how it goes.

Sounds, like you had fun... :laughing:

Well, the end of day 2. We are having lots of fun so far!!! Just got back from tinfoil hat night at Area 51. We have been catching up with old friends, meeting new friends, trading and caching. We are on the way to get more caches on a MWGB weekend then we have ever gotten. Last year at this time we had 1 cache, this year we are up to 7.

11 caches, D1

This is not an official entry but just for fun, I used a random number generator to pick that you found 37 caches. difficulty 1.5. I have no idea if that combo has been picked or not but that is what I am picking and I am sticking to it. LOL But it does mean that you found more than I did!

See you two next year!!

Area 51 must have done you in. Do you not remember that we did try to cache to together, but you ditched us!! And we were only 200 ft from the cache.

We did have lots of fun and talked with lots of old friends and some new one.

Well, Bash is over for this year. Shadow’s Friend and I had a great time! And look forward to attending next year’s MWGB. For us events are about meeting other caches, trading stories, coins and other things that cannot be mentioned here. As LadyBee4T mention in her post you can cache any time, but to talk with so many caches from different areas is limited. So we do use our time at the event to catch up with friends that me have meet at past event, have traded with over the mail, have communicated via the forum, or caches that just walk by us.

Four years ago, at our first Bash there were lots of coins being traded, it was great. Over the years the number coin traders have decrease, but it is still a lot of fun.

As for the cointest – After work tonight I will be able to go through and start logging our caches, to determine the winner. I do know our last cache was a 4.5 difficulty. There is a neat story behind that one.

So you will have to wait until later tonight to find out if you have won.

Thanks for taking part in the cointest.

11 caches, D1

See you two next year!!

Area 51 must have done you in. Do you not remember that we did try to cache to together, but you ditched us!! And we were only 200 ft from the cache.

We did have lots of fun and talked with lots of old friends and some new one.

Ditching you?!!! No no no no!! I just wanted to take the sneaky way to the cache and it worked!! I found it before you guys got there! :laughing: :laughing:

On the way home you do a 4.5 difficulty? That's cool. I first read it as a 4.5 terrain and thought Oh my they must not have been as tired as I was on the way home. :lol:

Thanks for Playing!

The logging is done and we have a winner. We had 26 finds and 1 DNF.

The last find was GC245FD "Where's C.O.D.?", a 4.5/2. We had no intention on finding that cache, but the solution just appeared on my GPSr and it was on our way home. It was the only cache we got in that area as it was HOT! And we wanted to get home.

Congratulation to The Skylark Four.

We will be attending West Bend GC2E0MD. We will be leaving on Friday after work and returning Sunday. This is the first time that we will be attending this event. It sound like a fun event, we have lots of friends that have attended in the past.

Same as before, guess the number of finds we will end up with, also include the difficulty of the last cache as a tie breaker. A total of six (6) guesses are allowed, it is OK to put them all in one post if you like.

An example of a guess would be 3 1.5

(Hint #1: There are three events)

Just because you can put them in one post, does not mean that you have to. You never know when we will check in to give an update on our status.

One more hint, we are helping with an event on February 26, 2012. That means that we will need to have found a cache on every date of the year by then. If you would look, this whole weekend is open for us, in fact the next 7 days are. But that mean we are going to have at least 4 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday and there are two event on Saturday. You know we can’t pass up an event).

So, you'll be on the road again. Too bad we're not going, it's always a pleasure to see both of you. By the way, Wyatt really enjoyed his first experience at Area 51... beer, sangria, smore and crackers :laughing: He'll probably be a repeat offender next year ;)

10 - 2.5

14 - 2

18 - 2

20 - 1.5

22 - 2.5

28 - 1.5

Thanks for the cointest and have fun this week-end! :D