Blank spots in log books

I've only logged 8 caches so far but a couple I've found that I'm having to flick through a log book to find a blank space.

One Micro in particular had a fairly good sized log book with clearly numbered spaces with a place for name/date/comment.

Some pages where full (mostly the first few) then there would be the odd blank space then towards the middle, some had maybe one log on a page or was blank entirely. (I think each one had space for 3 or 4 logs on either side)

Now this seems a bit of a waste to me.

My O.C.D. forced me to put my entry after the last to keep the dates in chronological order.

What does everyone else do?

Do you write in the first blank space (really this should be after the last entry:-) )

Do you write after the last entry regardless of spaces to be filled

Do you just open the log book and write in the first place you come to?

I write where my name will fit especially on lesser maintained logs. If that's the first place, last place or some tiny spot along the edge that's where I write. Typically the bugs are bad here in spite of the bug spray and I don't want to want to spend a lot of time analyzing the physical log book getting all bit up.

If it's a newer log and everyone has been signing in order I'll try to carry on with that. If it's an older log and people have been signing all over, skipping the back of pages, or whatever then I'll sign in the first open place I see.

For micros I'll sign in the first place I come to as I unscroll the log, because it's too much work to reroll them all the way.

I write where my name will fit especially on lesser maintained logs. If that's the first place, last place or some tiny spot along the edge that's where I write. Typically the bugs are bad here in spite of the bug spray and I don't want to want to spend a lot of time analyzing the physical log book getting all bit up.

If there is a blank spot in the middle, I write mine there.

The first blank spot I come to

If it's a newer log and everyone has been signing in order I'll try to carry on with that. If it's an older log and people have been signing all over, skipping the back of pages, or whatever then I'll sign in the first open place I see.

For micros I'll sign in the first place I come to as I unscroll the log, because it's too much work to reroll them all the way.

D. All of the above

Too much work? Seriously?

To OP:

I try to sign after the previous finder to try and help keep the log visits in order in case the CO wants to validate on-line logs. It does get tricky at page transitions though, I always wonder if I should start on the next sheet or on the back of the full page.

not an issue afaic to be annoying ...THIS on the other hand is a lot more annoying and THIS

Extremely annoying. I like to take my time for most caches we find and write a nice log about the adventure even if it IS a P&G. I don't really like when I see someone found one of our caches and they don't write anything :/ I don't even mind a TFTC..but NOTHING?! So annoying. Whew that felt good to get out :laughing:

What does everyone else do?

Some have been known to just sign the container with a Sharpie and be done with it. :rolleyes:

I try to quickly figure out where the last finder signed (start by looking at last non-blank page, verify the last date there is fairly recent and more recent than other dates in the log) and sign after that. I don't page through the log scrutinizing each entry to find out which was THE last, though.

Quite recently I found one where the apparently-most-recent entries were on the inside back cover, but the first several pages had been signed on only one side. (Later on people were using both sides.) I wrote "continued on back of 1st page" on the inside back cover, "continued from back cover" on the back of the first page, and signed under that. Which may have been a bit too anal, but hey. It's not like there were mosquitoes eating me at the time.

Yeah, its annoying. Mildly so.

I agree that it's slightly annoying. Especially when I get a NM log because my logbook is full, and I go there and see dozens of blank pages throughout.

+1

I hate going to a cache to find that people have only been using one side of the paper. Sign on the back too!

We always try to sign in order. What bothers me is the people with huge stickers that take up the room that 10 people could have used to sign.

I like them when they are inkjet and bleed all over the page or a stamper that bleeds.

If there's a generous notebook I sometimes find a bigger open spot so I can write a few lines in the note book.

... One Micro in particular had a fairly good sized log book with clearly numbered spaces with a place for name/date/comment ...

Clearly NUMBERED spaces are a rarity for me. Usually just blank spaces sans numbers. But I chuckled recently when I saw a numbered log and only space #13 had been skipped over.

Yep, I agree--re-rolling those nano logs is a real pain. I usually have to do so a couple of times before they fit in. But, I do have to give credit to the cacher who signs the very last spot on the front side, instead of the first new spot on the back side :)

Yep, I agree--re-rolling those nano logs is a real pain. I usually have to do so a couple of times before they fit in. But, I do have to give credit to the cacher who signs the very last spot on the front side, instead of the first new spot on the back side :)

Yep. Nano logs suck for re-rolling so the less I need to unroll it to find a free spot the better.