To Premium or not to Premium... that is the question

Wendelina0866

Soooo....

I've been a premium member for the past year, and it was great to have the extra information when I was super new to this and strictly using my Nuvi for coordinates. Now I'm using my android app, and I'm wondering if it's worth having the premium membership anymore. Am I missing some piece without the premium membership? Could I get some feedback from others who use android systems?

Am I missing some piece without the premium membership? Could I get some feedback from others who use android systems?

Is your Droid a phone (3g/4g)? Mine's wifi only, so PQs are essential. And even with a phone, it's only good while you have a signal. So you may save a PQ for a remote area, just in case you lose the connection. But that depends on where you cache, and how spontaneous you are about caching. Maybe the App alone is fine for you.

I don't like the Android caching experience. I put Pocket Queries on my Garmin Oregon, and save the Droid for when I need to do special research on a cache.

I am kind of torn on this topic. Notifications are fun for FTF, but I have never really put any other features to good use. The official WP7 app, you can do a search, then save it to the phone, so PQs are kind of redundant. I assume that if the Android app doesn't have this, it will soon. Caching along a rout seems to be the only PQ related thing that you would be missing out on.

Thanks for all the feedback - I appreciate it!

The official c:geo app (which I also paid for) lets you save the cache offline - eliminating the need for PQ's. I did find today that I liked the statistics page which only comes with a premium membership. I probably will renew it just because I feel strange not being a "Premium Member"... like being busted from President down to assistant :rolleyes: Silly, I know.

Thank you again for your viewpoints!

Thanks for all the feedback - I appreciate it!

The official c:geo app (which I also paid for) lets you save the cache offline - eliminating the need for PQ's. I did find today that I liked the statistics page which only comes with a premium membership. I probably will renew it just because I feel strange not being a "Premium Member"... like being busted from President down to assistant :rolleyes: Silly, I know.

Thank you again for your viewpoints!

The reasons I re-upped to PM after a few years of basic membership were statistics and favorite points. We've also been using the PQ's much more this time around. I had actually forgotten about the bookmark lists I had made.

The PQ's and cache along a route will be helpful when we (cross fingers) go out to British Columbia next year.

Also, there's the Off Topic forum, available only to PM's. :ph34r:

Edited by Pup Patrol