Creative cache ideas (not containers)

Hi All, I am looking for some ideas for new hides. I am not talking about interest containers. As an example, I did a recent hide (GC2X0V5) based off of one I saw in the Adirondacks, NY. It is a puzzle/mystery/unknown cache type. It is a night cache and the coordinates lead you to a point on a trail where you no longer use your GPS. There are reflective tacks in trees that guide the rest of the way and take you another .1 - .15 miles. At the end of the marked path you are left at the cache.

Does anyone have any unique types of hides they are up for sharing? I have one or two other unique hides, but I'm stuck at coming up with something new that I haven't seen before and that is new to my area (Philadelphia).

Thanks!

I'm the least creative cache hider on the planet, but I did luck out with this one that people seem to enjoy. It's a little different.

I am planning three or four caches soon

1. Stage 1 brings you to a forest where there is a beacon hidden (i.e. a wireless doorbell push button that leads to the second stage 100m or so away

2. I just planted a cache in a costal cave that requires you to swim along a sheltered cove I had originally stashed it as an underwater cache but it broke loose and I found the ammo can stashed where I have it placed now

3. I am planning a tube cache i.e. a cache hidden at the bottom of a long pipe and using some "tools" you will have to get it out!

4. A Wherigo based on my cities maratime history using stuff physically in place!

5. My challenge cache "the Ireland top ten challenge"

there are also a load of good challenges here in ireland

I'm the least creative cache hider on the planet, but I did luck out with this one that people seem to enjoy. It's a little different.

1. Stage 1 brings you to a forest where there is a beacon hidden (i.e. a wireless doorbell push button that leads to the second stage 100m or so away

2. I just planted a cache in a costal cave that requires you to swim along a sheltered cove I had originally stashed it as an underwater cache but it broke loose and I found the ammo can stashed where I have it placed now

Very interesting ideas. For the beacon idea, do you need a special GPS for that? Is that similar to the type of cache I've seen where it talks about a "chirp"?

Also, I would love to hide a coastal cache like that. It sounds like a great idea and very fun. However, unfortunately I wouldn't recommend to ANYONE to swim in the Schuylkill or Delaware Rivers (the two rivers that frame Philadelphia). Maybe I'll make it down to the Jersey shore or somewhere and try to find some desolate cave ares. However, I think it is pretty much all beaches.

Thanks for the ideas.

My favorite caches are the small boat caches around here.

there are a whole lot of caches you can't get to any other way other than by small boat.

Some are in lakes, some on rivers. Some are on shore in places you can't get to any other way, some are on buoys, some are on islands.

Night caches are fun.

There's one here that you have to take a TV remote control. Get to GZ and hit your remote. It's supposed to flash back at you and the cache is within 10 feet of the flash. It didnt' work when I was there, and evidently requires a lot of maintenance, so be prepared if you do something like that. (I think it's called "Beam me up Scotty")

Challenge caches are fun. (look up threads on challenge caches, there are many)

My favorite is a challenge to do a cache on each of 23 different islands in the Puget Sound area (Washington State). Be sure to read the guidelines carefully on placing one of these though (or any cache for that matter).

for other interesting caches check out the "Tubular Series" in Seattle.

One of them that has been copied a lot is where you plug a hole in the bottom of the tube with your fingers, then fill it up with water and the cache floats to the top.

This is another one that has 136 favorite points on it. Got to be good.

Really cool cache

Really clever and creative.

I had one once that used a remote doorbell. It was a two stage multi. Coords brought you to a container that held two remote doorbell buttons. You wandered around, pushing those, until the doorbell inside of the final sounded. Fun, but very high maintenance, and it was no fun for the seekers when it was failing, so I eventually pulled it, albiet with much regret.