Philippines: geocoins with this design or theme?

MissJenn

FSM,

I've got my eye on you.

I just did a quick litte search and all I noticed with Philippines in the name is the Unite for Diabetes TBs. So I would say NO probably not.

Hiya LewisClan77. Thanks.

Yep - I did the same. Sometimes, using that one word alone as the keyword in a search won't work 100%. For example, if someone did a coin about Manila and all they ever said was Manila and Manila and Manila, and they referred to the Philippines only as "the P.I." (which some people do, especially military types - it stands for the Philippine Islands), I'd never get a hit.

I figured I would come here and ask the experts. And maybe some expats, too.

I am very curious if there are any geocoins out there with a design or theme that is somehow about the

Philippines.

Do you know? Could you point me in the right direction? I would really love to see what is available.

:)

Hey MissJenn,

I checked the trackables history on some P.I. caches figuring if there was going to be a geocoin with a P.I. design/theme it would probably pass through a cache there. This is what I found - Lapu-Lapu Geocoin.

Cya in August @ the B-Party :grin:

Here's some pics:

c72aecd4-13ec-41b0-9612-e2ed3c509f2c.jpg

227bf7a0-d993-4ce8-929c-5c3fbb27c227.jpg

There seems to be a monument of the hero Lapu-Lapu located in the Philippine City of Lapu-Lapu of all places :anibad: .

Hey, I have one of those...I think mine is BN, and one of the very first Geocoins in my collection.

I'm sure you would find this quickly enough, but there is a list of 441 activated travelers after a search for "Lapu-Lapu", BTW...Hi MissJenn. Remember me?? You gave me a Lackey Coin at GW in Sacramento!!

Haha, forgot to post the link... http://www.geocaching.com/track/search.aspx?k=%22lapu-lapu%22

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Oooooh. Thanks, GeoGerms. Is this a coin you minted? Or you acquired it from someone else? (I wrote these questions before I carefully read both of your posts above. I get it now.)

There seems to be a monument of the hero Lapu-Lapu located in the Philippine City of Lapu-Lapu of all places :anibad: .

I've been to this place a few times! This pic is from when I found the virt there in 2003. Those of you who know me may notice that I am holding that trackable towel of mine.

1732951_200.JPG

I am very curious if there are any geocoins out there with a design or theme that is somehow about the

Philippines.

Do you know? Could you point me in the right direction? I would really love to see what is available.

I don't mean to sound rash, but wouldn't it have been easier to ask Bryan (or Annie now) since they have had to approve any such design? I'm just sayin. :ph34r:

Circle of Four has *most* of Oceania on the front, but its not PI themed. Annie has blueprint art on that.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Geocoin Design

Hello MissJenn,

If you find any Geocoins with a Filipino theme, I would be interested. Please email me and let me know. My father is from Cebu City and I lived in Manila and Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines until I came to the states when I was in the 8th grade. However, that was a very long time ago! :)B)

BTW, am I missing something here?. . .does everyone here know you?

Hello MissJenn,

If you find any Geocoins with a Filipino theme, I would be interested. Please email me and let me know. My father is from Cebu City and I lived in Manila and Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines until I came to the states when I was in the 8th grade. However, that was a very long time ago! :)B)

Look under her Avatar on the left, it says she works at the Lily Pad!!

Hello MissJenn,

<snip>

MissJenn is a Groundspeak Lackey, and works at Groundspeak Headquarters. Her towel Travel Bug has a lot of stories!

Degai, meet MissJenn.

MissJenn, meet Degai. :D

Philippines.

I don't mean to sound rash, but wouldn't it have been easier to ask Bryan (or Annie now) since they have had to approve any such design? I'm just sayin. :ph34r:

Circle of Four has *most* of Oceania on the front, but its not PI themed. Annie has blueprint art on that.

Edit: spelling

You can't really expect them to remember every single piece of artwork that ever went through in the last 6-7 years (I've been moderating in here for 7 years and can't remember half of them!), can you? There are a lot of geocoins out there.

Also, she is asking for a Phillipine related geocoin, and there might be some that are not trackable and did not go through the approval process. Where better to ask than here?

Eartha is totally right. Again. :)

In the giant ocean of coin designs they have each looked at, it's often hard to recall some particular detail. I knew the experts in here would have good info.

Hello MissJenn,

Degai, Cebu City is about 15 minutes from that statue of Lapu-Lapu. Your dad would get a kick out of that connection. If need be, remind him that it's on the way to Mactan Island.

A few people know me because I'm ancient. :laughing: Been playing since 2001.

=========================

/me waves to Droo