Synchronizing cache pages to pocketpc

Lone Duck

I'm having trouble getting the cache pages to upload properly to my pocketpc device. I can view them on the pocketpc while connected online, and I can also synchonize those links. However, the links disappear after the pocketpc is disconnect from the internet.

I'm able to successfully synchronize other web pages, so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Is there something about te cache pages here that disables them when they are on a pda?

http://www.netwalk.com/~jporter/picto2.gif

When I sync a page it appears in the favorites list, but it is greyed out. I click on it in the favorites list on the PPC and it says the page cannot be found. But, like you, I can download the main page (www.geocaching.com) and other pages. Not sure what the deal is, but it is probably due to the syncronization mechanism though.

Now is a good time to plug the pocket queries that is available to subscribing members. It is awesome if you have a PocketPC, you can download all the waypoints that meet a specific criteria (type, distance, status, age, etc). They show up as a MobiPocket eBook format, and you can look up the cache descriptions from the first page. Extremely useful, in fact, I would say it is better than using the browser on the PocketPC for that. Check it out.

If you find a way around the sync problems, let me know.

Rosco

Pocket Queries sounds good, but judging from going down the list here there seems to be problems with that. So I would rather just load up the web pages.

I was hoping to get a reply from someone who administers this site so that I'll know if the cache pages are designed not to Synchronize. That way, I'll know if I'm wasting my time trying to make it work.

I'm not will to spend the money on Pocket Queries just yet. While I've found some caches, my enthusiasm for this is not all that great just yet. If I can keep a listing of caches with me in my PDA then I might be hunting them up more when the opportunity arrises.

http://www.netwalk.com/~jporter/picto2.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Duck:

Pocket Queries sounds good, but judging from going down the list here there seems to be problems with that.

To be completely fair, most of the problems with MobiPocket are on the Palm platform. I haven't heard many PPC users complaining about them, other than the missing hints thing.

warm.gif

I've been using Pocket Queries on a WinCE device for a while now with absolutely no problem. They're frickin' amazing. No more packets of paper for me! Just more batteries icon_wink.gif

Pocket queries just plain rule. Definitely a compelling reason to become a member. I can't comment on whether the pages are designed to sync or not. If the monthly subscriptions are still available, you might just want to pop for the $3 and give membership a whirl.

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Duck:

Pocket Queries sounds good, but judging from going down the list here there seems to be problems with that. So I would rather just load up the web pages.

--------

trippy1976

migo_sig_logo.jpg