Cache Maps

geocacherscott

quote:
I am hoping to get to New Zealand I was wondering if there is any plans to have a location map for this country in the near future?

I am not sure why we don't get maps - I assume because the detail in them is quite poor. If you go to the 'print friendly' page the map does show up... kinda weird.

A better idea might be to go to nzcaches.tk where there is a map of all the NZ caches.

Cheers

Nick.

The majority of New Zealand geocachers told me that our maps suck and to leave them off the web site (in some occasions calling them offensive). That they are available on the print friendly page is a bug.

We're implementing a web server but it will only have US data initially, but our goal is to have World data eventually.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

The majority of New Zealand geocachers told me that our maps suck and to leave them off the web site (in some occasions calling them offensive). That they are available on the print friendly page is a bug.

I think you will find that was Australian geocachers not New Zealand geocachers. Here are their comments.

Personally I find them quite useful to work out the general area of the cache.

Cheers

Nick.

Don't know if this will work but I don't see any reason why not:

Search for all NZ Caches, mark them all and download to Expert GPS, then draw them onto your favourite scanned map of NZ.

Alternatively you should be able to do this with Easy GPS and GARtrip which is all shareware

"The sooner all the animals are extinct, the sooner we'll find their money"

I am working on an Excel application that takes the geocaching.com loc-file information and supplies direct links to online available (more or less detailed) maps for the cache location.

It also links the waypoint info to EasyGPS, ExpertGPS, OziExplorer and more for more functionallity.

I depend on availability of maps on the internet, that have a url-driven possibility of entering the coordinates.

If there are any of these that cover your area, please let me know. With this information I can make CacheMaps functional for your caches too.

You can check out CacheMaps on my homepage. The currently available version (2.0.x) will only cover Dutch coordinates and is still partly in Dutch, but you can get a feeling on what it looks like.

So please post your links to on-line available maps for your area!

BigBird icon_smile.gif

-- there is no spoon --