Night cache multi or mystery? Again and again

mucek4

Hello,

I am setting up a Zombie Apocalypse or Walking Dead themed multi cache and I was wondering if anybody has any cool and fun ideas. I have 5 stadges, a classic multi cacge, each one a physical container.

If you are formilliar with the amc series the Walking Dead that would be cool I could use some of your ideas.

Thanks,

gcs317

I would recommend rubber internal organ replicas to place the cache containers inside of or use a soldering pencil to scribe the coords directly on them.

Then notify the local police of your your intentions to prevent reduce panic.

Edited by Vater_Araignee

The problem is you have to interpret what trivial is.

I can run the pythagorean theorem flawlessly in my my head but I can not memorize basic multiplication.

I can remember a 12 digit IP address that I type three times, months later but I can't remember a telephone number.

Our interpretations of trivial are not the interpretations of everyone else.

I agree, but trivial was just an adjective I used to make a comment. Multiplying two 100 digits numbers is not trivial, but still I do not regard it as puzzles. Solving a Sudoku is typically trivial for me, but I regard Sudokus as a puzzle. Cachers in my area would be left quite perplexed if someone set the fields puzzle attribute for a multi cache just because the coordinates of the stages have to be computed in a standard way.

Cezanne

Edited by cezanne

Whoa. Didn't know this had so many differing opinions. My fire tack night cache, placed in 2004, is listed as a multi. I suppose I modeled it after 2 night caches I found in Central New Jersey before then (it was the first fire tack cache in my area). Man, I had to look at it, and it hasn't been found this year! I wouldn't go into the area it's in in the summer myself either. :lol:

As I wrote on 1st page reviwer published a cache now as multi. It was found 2 times and both finders sad that is't classical multi.

I tried to read the logs to see what their complaints were but can't speak the language.

Bottom line is most types of disappointment can be avoided if seekers just read the cache page first, especially on cache types with multiple variants like Multis.

Interesting reading here. I just published a night cache with the same thing (tacks lead to a container that give coordinates to the other tack trail) and listed it as a multi. I got this from the Reviewer:

"Being that this is night cache, and the coordinates are not for an actual container and the cache page should be read before cachers hunt the cache, this cache type should be changed from a multi cache to a Mystery/Unknown/Puzzle cache type ?"

It's no skin off my back - just an interesting response. I changed it to a mystery. :)

As I wrote on 1st page reviwer published a cache now as multi. It was found 2 times and both finders sad that is't classical multi.

I tried to read the logs to see what their complaints were but can't speak the language.

Bottom line is most types of disappointment can be avoided if seekers just read the cache page first, especially on cache types with multiple variants like Multis.

Google translate might help a bit. 1st one did not read what was written in stages and went straight line to cache - not a good idea. :)

@KBLAST... You changed it to mistery?

Google translate might help a bit.

Not really. I have tried it yesterday with translating to English, German, French and Italian. Some part did not make sense at all

in all of these translations. It is a pity that so few cachers log in English.

Slovenia for some time developped like Austria in the early years, but recently even cache descriptions are not

necessarily offered any longer in English as well.

Edited by cezanne

Not really. I have tried it yesterday with translating to English, German, French and Italian. Some part did not make sense at all

in all of these translations.

Haha, before I posted my response I was going to use Google translate and then I realized I had no idea what language to translate from. I then checked the map on the cache page to see where the cache was hidden and I realized I have no idea what the local language of that area is. :laughing:

Interesting reading here. I just published a night cache with the same thing (tacks lead to a container that give coordinates to the other tack trail) and listed it as a multi. I got this from the Reviewer:

"Being that this is night cache, and the coordinates are not for an actual container and the cache page should be read before cachers hunt the cache, this cache type should be changed from a multi cache to a Mystery/Unknown/Puzzle cache type ?"

That is an interesting response. I think back to many of the Multis I have hidden and found and many (I might even say majority) of them require reading the cache page.

Frankly this sounds like a reviewer applying his/her own personal caching aesthetic to the listing. I don't see anything in the guidelines which says the first stage of a Multi needs to be a physical container, nor do I see anything which says a Multi should be do-able without reading the cache page.

A Multi-Cache ("multiple") involves two or more locations. The final location is a physical container. There are many variations, but most Multi-Caches have a hint to find the second cache, and the second cache has a hint to the third, and so on. An offset cache (where you go to a location and get hints to the actual cache) is considered a Multi-Cache.

As you say, it isn't a big deal either way but I just find the reason behind the reviewer's decision to be a little odd. Certainly not calling it "wrong" though! :ph34r:

in all of these translations.

Haha, before I posted my response I was going to use Google translate and then I realized I had no idea what language to translate from. I then checked the map on the cache page to see where the cache was hidden and I realized I have no idea what the local language of that area is. :laughing:

I knew that the source language is Slovenian and I tried what I listed above as target languages as I speak these languages (or can at least read them as Italian is concerned) and thought that some part that is unclear in one translation might be clearer in another, but still it did not help me.

Cezanne

In Slovenia I still try to make caches with both languages. But when I talked to other cachers in area we started to write just Slovenian logs (like Austria, Germany, Czech, ...)

If you need help with translation just say so. Google is probably having a problem cause Groundspeak does not allow letter "č" in logs.

If something does not translate change "c" into "č" :)

Good point Tom. There are a few folks who filter out multis, and a few folks who filter out puzzles. If any of those folks liked night caches, they might be affected, but it seems like a small risk. Hopefully, those who prefer night caches would have set up one of their PQs to search for those attributes. My suggestion, for those still wondering how they should classify their new night cache is to follow the local customs, (either puzzle or multi), so the locals aren't confused.

Hello,

I am setting up a Zombie Apocalypse or Walking Dead themed multi cache and I was wondering if anybody has any cool and fun ideas. I have 5 stadges, a classic multi cacge, each one a physical container.

If you are formilliar with the amc series the Walking Dead that would be cool I could use some of your ideas.

Thanks,

gcs317

I would recommend rubber internal organ replicas to place the cache containers inside of or use a soldering pencil to scribe the coords directly on them.

Then notify the local police of your your intentions to prevent reduce panic.

Thanks!