Pathtags as signature items

Redfist

I have ~400 finds (not a ton, but not too shabby either). I've never developed a signature item and thought it might be fun to do. For those who create pathtags as their signature items, I'm curious how you decide if/when to leave them behind. Do you order 5000 of them and leave them everywhere they fit or do you order say 20 and be very selective?

Thoughts?

I have ~400 finds (not a ton, but not too shabby either). I've never developed a signature item and thought it might be fun to do. For those who create pathtags as their signature items, I'm curious how you decide if/when to leave them behind. Do you order 5000 of them and leave them everywhere they fit or do you order say 20 and be very selective?

Thoughts?

I suggest you post this in the pathtags forum, at pathtags.com

Even though I don't have a pathtag, my suggestion is to leave your tag only at good caches. :grin:

Edited by TheCacheSeeker

I only had 50 made and trade them more often than I drop them. However, I have some funky way of determining when I drop them. If I'm not in my home area I drop them in cool caches usually that aren't necessarily visited often. When I'm in my area I usually look at the cache in general and the coolness of it. Then I look at who owns it and who has found it if it's a newer cache. And if it's an older cache and far removed or not visited often.

Basically if it's of exceptional coolness I'll leave one. If it's far removed or not visited often I'll leave one too. Now if it's newer and I know the cache owner likes them and will likely visit the cache I'll leave them. If it's been found by most of the locals I'll leave one too. I'm typically not first to find.