group and re-visit caches

tiagosgd

Hello...

I am not really a newbie in geocaching. But I've got 2 questions...

1 - if I geocache in group... should I create an account to the group and log as group and then log as individual?

2 - if I go to a cache that I found a few months/years ago, should I log it again?

Thanks

Tiagosgd

It would get kind of confusing with the group account. Would you start a new account every time you go out with a new group?

It's probably easiest if each group member logs using his own account.

When most people re-visit a cache they simply log it with a note the second time. They already "found" it once. How can you find something if you know where it is? So a note would be more appropriate.

Edited by briansnat

I usually go with a group and typically its one or more of 4 other individuals. If its my BFF and I we usually sign the log "Lucy & Ethel" and then "aka Aurora_V and junebug_sheri" but we always use our geocaching names. Our 'group or team' name is just a fun way to talk about our group in the logs.

Occasionally, I've gone geocaching with a group, and we've signed cache logs (especially micro-cache logs) with a made-up team name, rather than having every person in the group sign the log. The made-up team name is used just for that geocaching trip, and we don't create a geocaching.com account for the temporary team name. We do mention the team name in our Found It logs though.