"I Love SWAG"

So we have the topic for folks who don't enjoy the trading aspect of the game; how about those of us who do? If you cache without kids but still like SWAG, it's OK to pretend you take your nieces and nephews when responding to this thread!

I, for one, am a fully grown adult (physically, if not mentally!). To my mind, I still get excited for the moment of uncovering a well-hidden ammo can and cracking the seal, wondering what's inside. I enjoy pawing through the stuff, and I usually find something inside to give me a chuckle, wondering what the backstory is to the tiny stone turtle or wooden buddah.

I don't usually take anything, unless I'm by myself and see something my daughter might like - plastic beads or jewelry, mostly. I will admit, though, I must be part magpie because I will grab hatpins, pathtags or those little ceramic animals that come with the tea bags.

One thing I always do, is leave something behind. My daughter is still at the stage where plastic beads are cool, but I like the feeling that the next kids to come by will have some "quality" SWAG to enjoy.

To see the excitement on a childs face when they find the ammo can. It's like Christmas. It dosen't matter what is in there. They'll touch every piece and try and decide if it is worth as much as what they have in their swag bags to trade with. I like to ask them why they made the choice they did. It fills me with pride when they state that, they took something of very little value (to me) and dropped off something of a lot of value (to me) so the next kid would have something nice to find.

On a few occasions I have found something that I got excited about. A few months back I found a velcro cammo Canadain flag patch. These are used by our armed forces when deployed (rather than the red and white that stick out like a sore thumb). I traided for the only thing I had with me, my compass. Still havn't replaced that...

But usualy, the swag is just for the kids.

But I still don't like µ(in general).

I love swag, but rarely find things an adult would want. I really get excited when I do find something I want. Its like my birthday. I have a series I started called No Kids Toys for us adults who get tired of just finding kids toys. This game is played by plenty of adults to warrant having some swag we would like. I look for good inexpensive things to use for swag whenever I am out shopping. If any of you have great ideas for adult swag items that don't cost too much I would enjoy seeing that posted.

I am a kid at heart so I love good swag. I always trade if there is something I want. If the cache looks like it took some thought and effort and has nothing I want, I leave something nice.

We feel the same way. It's the unexpected nature of the swag that makes it fun. We like glass, metal, and wood so sometimes even the simplest object is interesting to us.

Well, we are still a new team so that thrill of the hunt hasn't worn off on us, yet. We try to go every day and hit 105 in less than a month. So, obviously we are not hard core or anything just having fun. We were collectors of small items before caching. We have been disappointed in some small items and completely thrilled with what I expect others would call trash. We like scrabble tiles, dice, dominoes, etc. But, we also collect miniature things like we got a bottle of hot sauce from an MRE. Today, we took our found swag to the springs and took photos of them as we let the kids play with them on the shore in the sand.

We have really appreciate the people who took the time to do themed caches and we appreciate everyone who goes to the extra effort to come up with something unusual.

We needed a pair of goggles and low and behold we found one in a cache yesterday. Go figure. :):D

Comic Con is a great place to get free SWAG for Geocaching.

Granted it only comes once a year in San Diego but all the free stuff including t-shirts, buttons and a host of other materals you can get a treasure trove of free stuff to stuff caches with.

Edited by TK7464

So we have the topic for folks who don't enjoy the trading aspect of the game; how about those of us who do? If you cache without kids but still like SWAG, it's OK to pretend you take your nieces and nephews when responding to this thread!

I, for one, am a fully grown adult (physically, if not mentally!). To my mind, I still get excited for the moment of uncovering a well-hidden ammo can and cracking the seal, wondering what's inside. I enjoy pawing through the stuff, and I usually find something inside to give me a chuckle, wondering what the backstory is to the tiny stone turtle or wooden buddah.

I don't usually take anything, unless I'm by myself and see something my daughter might like - plastic beads or jewelry, mostly. I will admit, though, I must be part magpie because I will grab hatpins, pathtags or those little ceramic animals that come with the tea bags.

One thing I always do, is leave something behind. My daughter is still at the stage where plastic beads are cool, but I like the feeling that the next kids to come by will have some "quality" SWAG to enjoy.

That thread really wasn't for those who don't care for swag. It was for those of us, ok me, who wanted to understand why. B)