future of geocaching

I've enjoyed finding a number of these caches, for various reasons. Many others have popped into threads just like this one to report that they enjoy finding them, also. Even those people that you report as liking them only because they increment their find count, like them for that purpose. In fact, most rational people who did not like them would do as you do and not look for them, wouldn't they?

It's not important to me why individual cachers enjoy these caches any more than I give a care why you enjoy those caches that you enjoy.

I've enjoyed finding a number of these caches, for various reasons. Many others have popped into threads just like this one to report that they enjoy finding them, also. Even those people that you report as liking them only because they increment their find count, like them for that purpose. In fact, most rational people who did not like them would do as you do and not look for them, wouldn't they?

It's not important to me why individual cachers enjoy these caches any more than I give a care why you enjoy those caches that you enjoy.

So basically you're still rolling with the blanket statement that people enjoy every cache they find? C'mon, you've enjoyed every cache you found? Ever get stung by bees with all those skirts you've lifter? Step in Dog doo-doo? Speeding ticket on the way to the cache? Found a poor container with a slimy wet log? Anything?

So basically you're still rolling with the blanket statement that people enjoy every cache they find?
Please do me two favors. First, show an example of where I have taken the position in this thread that 'people enjoy every cache that they find'. Second, please show an example of where I have ever taken this position. I think you will find that not only am I not taking the position that you are attributing to me, but that I cannot be 'still' taking it since I have never taken that position.

In the post you quoted, I listed three groups of people who enjoy these caches. I stated that I have enjoyed many of these caches, for various reasons. I did not state that I have enjoyed all of them, though I cannot think of one right off the top of my head that I didn't enjoy. I further stated that many people have popped into threads like this one to offer that they enjoy these caches. Finally, I recognized that those people who have told you that they enjoy finding these caches because they increment their find counts are, in fact, enjoying finding these caches, for their own reasons.

No where in that post or any other did I take the position that 'people enjoy every cache that they find'.

Edited by sbell111
So basically you're still rolling with the blanket statement that people enjoy every cache they find?
Please do me two favors. First, show an example of where I have taken the position in this thread that 'people enjoy every cache that they find'. Second, please show an example of where I have ever taken this position. I think you will find that not only am I not taking the position that you are attributing to me, but that I cannot be 'still' taking it since I have never taken that position.

In the post you quoted, I listed three groups of people who enjoy these caches. I stated that I have enjoyed many of these caches, for various reasons. I did not state that I have enjoyed all of them, though I cannot think of one right off the top of my head that I didn't enjoy. I further stated that many people have popped into threads like this one to offer that they enjoy these caches. Finally, I recognized that those people who have told you that they enjoy finding these caches because they increment their find counts are, in fact, enjoying finding these caches, for their own reasons.

No where in that post or any other did I take the position that 'people enjoy every cache that they find'.

And the first thing I find on a search is that Castle Mischief already "went there" a year and a half ago? No thanks. :lol:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=244226&view=findpost&p=4265037

And the first thing I find on a search is that Castle Mischief already "went there" a year and a half ago? No thanks. :lol:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=244226&view=findpost&p=4265037

1) No one on that thread stated that 'people enjoy every cache that they find'.

2) That referenced bit was but another example of someone arguing that no one could or should enjoy caches that he/she does not.

1) No one on that thread stated that 'people enjoy every cache that they find'.

2) That referenced bit was but another example of someone arguing that no one could or should enjoy caches that he/she does not.

Well, I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this one. Micros may not be the death of Geocaching, but the last 8 posts being me and you going back and forth will be the death of this thread. If it isn't already. :D

...in a rant...

Interesting. I make a post where I tell someone whose tastes I don't share, that their preferences are perfectly valid. You criticize me for "twisting" things. Then you say I'm ranting. I'm thinking this would be a good place for a pot meets kettle emoticon, but since I don't see one to the right of this text box, I'll use this one instead. ~~> :rolleyes: