Deleting archived caches

I recall that they were considering showing active vs. archived caches in profiles at one time, but I have no idea if it is still something on the plate but since it's been quite a few years since it was mentioned I doubt it's something on the front burner.

Right now I have to display my caches and subtract the archived ones to see how many I have active. I'm sure GSAK has a way to make it easier. I'd check their website to see if they have a macro that does that.

I like that archived caches are displayed on profiles, but I wish they were not included in the "caches owned" count.

I guess it's just another case of mislabeling on the website. It should really say "caches hidden", or maybe "caches listed". Because you did hide (or list) the ones that were eventually archived, so they should count towards that number.

I hid them, but archived ones don't exist so I don't own them. There's nothing to own. I'm more interested in the number of active caches folks own. Not their total over their caching career.

Ahh, but the cache listing is still owned by you. And that's what GC counts, as it is a listing service.

Like I said above, it doesn't bother me enough to do that. I think it will be changed in the future. I only have 14 hides, 6 archived. So easy to keep track of right now.

So, that would be.... ummmm... (let's see... 14 minus 6 = 7 9 <counting on fingers> ) ok... got it now. You have 8 active hides. :)

That makes sense. Yes.

Still, I'd like some separation and classification.

I agree that it would be very nice to be able to separate them somehow. We see the results here in the forums sometimes... somebody will complain that CacherX has too many hides to maintain, but when you really look at CacherX's hides, you see that many of them are old, archived hides. I don't know how many active hides I have. I could probably get it by downloading a pocket query of my hides and filtering in GSAK, but why should it be that difficult?

Create another account and let this account adopt your caches before archiving them. Then you can have only active caches on your main account. In your profil you can make a link to the other account, so others can see all the caches, you have created.

Create another account and let this account adopt your caches before archiving them. Then you can have only active caches on your main account. In your profil you can make a link to the other account, so others can see all the caches, you have created.

...but why should it be that difficult?

Like I said above, it doesn't bother me enough to do that. I think it will be changed in the future. I only have 14 hides, 6 archived. So easy to keep track of right now.

So, that would be.... ummmm... (let's see... 14 minus 6 = 7 9 <counting on fingers> ) ok... got it now. You have 8 active hides. :)

LOL! Well, no actually. See, I was separating them. My total cache hides say I have 20. But I have 6 of those archived.

Wait, what does that leave me?

I hid them, but archived ones don't exist so I don't own them. There's nothing to own. I'm more interested in the number of active caches folks own. Not their total over their caching career.

Ahh, but the cache listing is still owned by you. And that's what GC counts, as it is a listing service.

Exactly my thought.

I am proud of each of the caches I have placed/owned/listed, so I don't want any of them erased. Of course I am more proud of some than I am of others, but that's a separate issue.

Yeah, I've seen the sock-puppet transfer shuffle done around here too, seems like a goofy way to resolve a non-issue, but to each his own, eh TOZ?