better search tools....

lostinjersey

* search only within your own state.

* search by difficulty (or terrain)

* search by popularity (cache logs/previous year)

* keywords to search title

* keywords to search title or title & descriptions

* keywords to search title or title & descriptions & logs

* search by type of cache (i.e. the nearest virtuals near me, or the nearest real caches)

* search for nearest travel bugs

I'm sure there are other search options to think about but that's all I can come up with now...

Also, is it possible to have one email generated for all the caches that have gotten logs, with a link to them all. rather then an email with the log in it?

WUHOO TEAMGWHO!

I would also like to see a more robust search and download feature in geocache.com. What I want to do is download with one "click" all the caches within 200 miles of my zip code, or say perhaps all the new geocaches in a given area. Ultimately I want to save the data in a text file to import to TopoUSA.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

Most of these searches will be solved with a new search engine I'm working on.

Jeremy is really a heck of a guy! icon_biggrin.gif Even in the short time I've been involved in the sport, he's implemented a lot of improvements and enhancements.

I hear a lot of griping (heck, sometimes I'm even one of the 'gripees' icon_wink.gif) about things that we want 'fixed' or changed on the site...but all in all, I'm impressed with (and grateful for) all the work he's done here.

Keep up the great work, Jeremy! icon_smile.gif

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

Most of these searches will be solved with a new search engine I'm working on.

Jeremy is really a heck of a guy! icon_biggrin.gif Even in the short time I've been involved in the sport, he's implemented a lot of improvements and enhancements.

I hear a lot of griping (heck, sometimes I'm even one of the 'gripees' icon_wink.gif) about things that we want 'fixed' or changed on the site...but all in all, I'm impressed with (and grateful for) all the work he's done here.

Keep up the great work, Jeremy! icon_smile.gif

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Gwho:

Also, is it possible to have one email generated for all the caches that have gotten logs, with a link to them all. rather then an email with the log in it?

WUHOO TEAMGWHO!

I like getting the logs for things I watch and own with the text from the log in it. I don't always want to follow the link to the real pages. It is quicker to just read the emails.

My two cents.

quote:
Originally posted by Orange:

quote:

WUHOO TEAMGWHO!

I like getting the logs for things I watch and own with the text from the log in it. I don't always want to follow the link to the real pages. It is quicker to just read the emails.

My two cents.

thats fine. i respect that. how about having the option of choosing the format we prefer? You can choose the current format, I'd take the format I suggested. Keeps everyone happy IMHO. icon_biggrin.gif

Caching with a 5 year old: takes twice as long, and is twice as satisifying (or aggrevating depending on your POV)

The faster you go, the worse your reception is.

quote:
Originally posted by Orange:

quote:

WUHOO TEAMGWHO!

My two cents.

thats fine. i respect that. how about having the option of choosing the format we prefer? You can choose the current format, I'd take the format I suggested. Keeps everyone happy IMHO. icon_biggrin.gif

Caching with a 5 year old: takes twice as long, and is twice as satisifying (or aggrevating depending on your POV)

The faster you go, the worse your reception is.

quote:

Yes options are good.

I wouldn't mine having one email with all the logs and links together. I just like reading that most current log in the email I find it easier.

quote:

Yes options are good.

I wouldn't mine having one email with all the logs and links together. I just like reading that most current log in the email I find it easier.