WANTED: Cheap-ish GPS unit

Hey yall,

Looking to buy a cheap (less than $150) GPS unit for geocaching (obviously). Don't need any fancy features like topo or waterproofness or anything. Just something that will accurately get me to where I'm trying to go. Let me know!

Thanks,

Hannah

I have a Magellan Explorist 400, with usb data cable and charger i would sell. 75.00 shipped, Unit is like new with new battery and 1 gig memory sd card in it. Paypal would be ok.

There are better units than the MagellanExplorist 400 check the reviews it has LCD problems Go to Garage sale and you will find a good unit for your budget

Edited by Tim2akaT2

How about a garmin venture hc used for $75.00 shipped. In good shape with cable. It is not paperless and does not have an electronic compass. It is accurate, waterproof, and I can include a dvd with the most excellent topo maps you can add to it.I live in the same state. The instructions at GPSFileDepot can be confusing for a newbie so I can help you set up mapsource and the maps.

I have a Magellan Explorist 400, with usb data cable and charger i would sell. 75.00 shipped, Unit is like new with new battery and 1 gig memory sd card in it. Paypal would be ok.

There are better units than the MagellanExplorist 400 check the reviews it has LCD problems Go to Garage sale and you will find a good unit for your budget

Thats the first time i heard they had LCD problems . I have a couple of them and all worked just fine for geocaching. I will agree ,there are better units, but just to start playing these are fine. Jim.