"Couldn't find it!" log disappeard....

Team Oodi

Sc out is correct, the cache owner can delete a log if they choose, and it looks like thats what happened to yours.

Gotta love Dan's stats page, even though it was deleted, he recored a DNF for you on 4 Iowans Escape. Is that the one?

Odd thing with that cache. Looks to be i bit remote, but otherwise an easy find, yet the only "find" on it since it was hidden 9 months ago is the cache hider.

Try emailing the cache owner and ask him if/why he deleted your log. Some people just don't seem to like frowny faces on their cache if they know the cache is indeed still there.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

Sc out is correct, the cache owner can delete a log if they choose, and it looks like thats what happened to yours.

Gotta love Dan's stats page, even though it was deleted, he recored a DNF for you on http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?pf=&ID=30687&decrypt=y&log=. Is that the one?

Odd thing with that cache. Looks to be i bit remote, but otherwise an easy find, yet the only "find" on it since it was hidden 9 months ago is the cache hider.

Try emailing the cache owner and ask him if/why he deleted your log. Some people just don't seem to like frowny faces on their cache if they know the cache is indeed still there.

That's the one. I emailed the cache owner.

There aren't a lot of GeoCachers around here yet. So the lack of visits for 9 months is no surprise.

The highway the cache is located on had been widened and paved last summer and fall. I suspect the cache may have been affected by the construction. Who knows...

Adi

I reposted my original "couldn't find it" entry to the cache, at least the gist of it that I remember.

I must say I have a concern with how the geocaching.com site handles logs. I understand the need for control for cache owners to delete undesirable logs. However, I think the log entry just as much belongs to the cache owner as it does to the person making the log entry. My idea was to track all my finds and misses via the website. Obviously I cannot do that if a log entry deleted by a cache owner also removes it from the "my cache page".

Adi