Mega Wales: Almost There

I know I'm only simple-minded, but why not trust the listing coordinates and the geocaching.com google map generated from there?

It looks spot on and clear enough to me!

I know I'm only simple-minded, but why not trust the listing coordinates and the geocaching.com google map generated from there? :D

It looks spot on and clear enough to me!

Matrix has answered your question Chris and looking forward to seeing you and Lucilla there.

Lilian

Having now returned home (after successfully navigating around a crash that closed the northbound M6!) we must offer our congratulations to all the guys and girls involved with organising the 2011 Welsh Mega. Had a great time, despite wearing our feet out in walking from GZ to Mumbles Head and back (with the help of the landtrain from Black Pill to Village Lane).

Many thanks to you all.

Chris & Sylvie of Matthew 7:7 Too :)

It was quite a trek from the camp site to the Guild Hall - but found it eventually - only to find that although the mega was advertised as "dogs welcome" we were going to have to leave our pair in the car park - quite a warm day so not ideal. After going backwards and forwards every half hour to check on them She who must be obeyed gave up and I have to take her and dogs back to the camp site and return a round trip of about 40 miles! It was, however, a great event and we met lots of people we have corresponded with on the forums etc.,Great organisation, and a lot of work by all

thanks again for the event, but slight niggle about the dogs !

It was quite a trek from the camp site to the Guild Hall - but found it eventually - only to find that although the mega was advertised as "dogs welcome" we were going to have to leave our pair in the car park - quite a warm day so not ideal.

I wish I knew about your doggies stuck in the car when we popped by to say hi at the GAGB stall. We would have taken them for walkies around Swansea for you. If there is the same situation next year (And I really hope there isn't as it's not fair on the doggies and I certainly wouldn't have been happy if I had brought mine along) then we will take your pair walkies a few times throughout the day for you! :)

Hi Cassandy,

thanks for that ! It was nice meeting you at the mega and, had we known about the dogs we would have not brought them to the event ! It's not nice for them to be in the car for too long. We will research it better for next year - but you can always walk them anyway!!

thanks again

A group of four of us, with two assistance dogs, visited just for the day, work shifts, childcare and health troubles permitted a longer stay, although each of us wished we could have stayed longer.

We had a lovely day, lots of meeting & greeting, a number of local caches and a nice walk along the prom for the dogs.

For the second year running I managed to totally miss seeing raffle tickets on sale :huh:

Thanks everyone who put in what I am sure must have been many long hours of hard work for our enjoyment.

I've now found my first caches in Wales and one of the was MEGA! :rolleyes:

It was quite a trek from the camp site to the Guild Hall - but found it eventually - only to find that although the mega was advertised as "dogs welcome" we were going to have to leave our pair in the car park - quite a warm day so not ideal. After going backwards and forwards every half hour to check on them She who must be obeyed gave up and I have to take her and dogs back to the camp site and return a round trip of about 40 miles! It was, however, a great event and we met lots of people we have corresponded with on the forums etc.,Great organisation, and a lot of work by all

thanks again for the event, but slight niggle about the dogs !

There was a gazebo outside the Brangwyn hall which had at least 2 people sitting there all day - there were poo bags provided and also water for dogs - a lot of people used these facilities including us with our 4 dogs - I also did a stint in helping out there for about 3 hours after lunch. Best dog facilities of any mega yet I would have said.