It would be nice to see log activity in my immediate area...

mraymondus

I'm a bored office puke. Relatively new to the sport (of geocaching) and I usually check each morning to see which caches in my vicinity have been updated (and by whom). I think it would be really handy to be able to query up recent log entries for caches within a given distance of a zipcode or geocache. That way, at a glance, I can see who is out and about and where they have been.

It kind of lets me live vicariously through those that are free to roam while I am chained to my bench!

If this is already in place, just point me to it. Thanks

mraymondu

My offical guarantee - I have no clue!

I'd be interested to see daily or weekly summary reports based on location.

Caches Hit:

"Dummy Cache" was found a total of 5 times by Dekaner, ,etc. etc.

"Dummy Cache 2" had a not-found posted by Blah.

Just keeps you current on the activity in your area.

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

You can "watch" the caches in your area.

_"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry_

Yeah, I know. But I prefer to watch caches that are really important or interesting to me. I hate to fill it up with the ones in my area.

That's cool, too bad it is no longer maintained or enhanced.

quote:
Originally posted by unclerojelio:

http://www.insidecorner.com/geocaching/stats/loglist.cgi?city=Jacksonville&state=&country=&user=&check1=on&check2=on&check3=on&check4=on

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by, ...

http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~banks/geocache.php

Someone posted Dan Miller's site, an excellent resource. If your city is not listed you can email him with a decimal coordinate of your city centr along with a radius to get a city circle, and sooner or later he will add your beloved city<grin>...

I use this link, which is a bit buried on the cache stats page under 'Log List'. You can do a search by city and get the last umpteen logs by date. Great to see who is doing what. Here is the lastest activity in Ottawa, Canada

quote:
Originally posted by mraymondus:

That's cool, too bad it is no longer maintained or enhanced.

Sure it is. If you click on the link and look at the information it's showing, it's completely current. If you're looking at the last update date at the bottom of the page, ignore it. The code running the page may have been updated a long time ago, but the data the code is processing and displaying is current.