Email bots unpredictable

Blindman

I'm sure this is not a big deal to most, but we were playing a game that was relying on emails to be sent in response to logs on caches/travel bugs. I got an email this morning that reported a log from 9:00 AM yesterday. The wierd thing is that I got an email yesterday reporting a log on the same cache for three hours later than the one I received today!? Is there a way to make this consistent?

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar...

quote:
Originally posted by Blindman:

I'm sure this is not a big deal to most, but we were playing a game that was relying on emails to be sent in response to logs on caches/travel bugs. I got an email this morning that reported a log from 9:00 AM yesterday. The wierd thing is that I got an email yesterday reporting a log on the same cache for three hours later than the one I received today!? Is there a way to make this consistent?

We use an e-mail tool that queues e-mails sent from the web site before handing them off to our mail server. For some reason, its become flaky lately and occasionally decides to stop forwarding mail. We're working to resolve this and should have it fixed shortly.

-Elias