Data management with BaseCamp, Garmin 62st

I've uploaded some sets of waypoints and tracks from various sources -- including my old Lowrance ExpeditionC -- into BaseCamp. I moved them onto my Garmin 62st and updated some icons, modified notes, deleted some not needed, etc. I'd like to take advantage of BaseCamp to efficiently manage sets of points and tracks, but not sure on how it behaves, exactly...

Can I select a data subset and tell BaseCamp to send just those to my GPSr, and how? If I re-send an existing point that I have since updated using my handheld, will I get a duplicate? or will it overwrite with an 'old' replacement? And the reverse: Can I now send my modified points and tracks from the unit to BaseCamp (and how?), and will I get duplicates or possibly overwrite (update) what's in BaseCamp?

Okay, I figured out the BaseCamp -> 62st part:

Create a new list under 'On My Computer'

Show 'My Collection' and select pieces of data from that list

Copy the selected data to 'New List'

Transfer 'New List' data to device

Piece of cake. Unless you forget a waypoint or track - which I did, of course. What I did then was: made a new list, added the missing data, copied to device, deleted the new list, added the missing data to the correct list. I did it this way because I had edited some of the originally transferred data on the 62st and I didn't know if sending the whole corrected list would replace or add to the list I had already transferred.

Still wondering about sending a subset of data in the opposite direction: 62st -> BaseCamp...

I don't believe you can do "subsets" from GPS to (whatever) software.....it downloads "ALL".

In some SW you can designate what "type" of data you want to move/receive (waypoints,or tracks,or routes) but even in that case it downloads "all" of that type from GPS to SW. Then you can just delete whatever data is unwanted in the "desired subset"

Edited by Grasscatcher

Okay, I figured out the BaseCamp -> 62st part:

Create a new list under 'On My Computer'

Show 'My Collection' and select pieces of data from that list

Copy the selected data to 'New List'

Transfer 'New List' data to device

Piece of cake. Unless you forget a waypoint or track - which I did, of course. What I did then was: made a new list, added the missing data, copied to device, deleted the new list, added the missing data to the correct list. I did it this way because I had edited some of the originally transferred data on the 62st and I didn't know if sending the whole corrected list would replace or add to the list I had already transferred.

Still wondering about sending a subset of data in the opposite direction: 62st -> BaseCamp...

Just as a test I made a list of tracks at the hunt club and added teh tracks. Is it copying the data or simply making a database? If I delete a track out of that list do I lose it on in my collection?

Just trying to understand.