Circle of Four Geocoin

Geocoin Design

I received mine today too; better late than never, I guess.

I am very surprised by my reaction. My expectation was that I was going to be happy with them. I liked the way that they looked in pictures on eBay and I thought that my attitude would be that the designer is a ****, but the coins look great. I really try to separate artists from their creations and judge them separately. So, I am not too sure why I don't like the coins all that much. Maybe I think the artist is a *******, or maybe the design just isn't all that good. In particular, the colors don't work for me. I have a light green on shiny nickel and a purple on shiny nickel and they just don't get me all that excited. I also think that the details are not nearly as rich as the original Tranquility.

I think that I will just put them away for a few years and decide what I think of them some time in the future.

Edited by Eartha
Add asterix

Received half my order yesterday - WOO HOO!!

It included my 2 AE's - So beautiful and so meaningful!! Thanks heaps Jim!!!

Now where is the postie with my other mailer...???

And another bubble mailer today with the rest of my Circle of 4 coins. YAY. Very nice. :)

I received mine today too; better late than never, I guess.

I am very surprised by my reaction. My expectation was that I was going to be happy with them. I liked the way that they looked in pictures on eBay and I thought that my attitude would be that the designer is a ****, but the coins look great. I really try to separate artists from their creations and judge them separately. So, I am not too sure why I don't like the coins all that much. Maybe I think the artist is a *******, or maybe the design just isn't all that good. In particular, the colors don't work for me. I have a light green on shiny nickel and a purple on shiny nickel and they just don't get me all that excited. I also think that the details are not nearly as rich as the original Tranquility.

I think that I will just put them away for a few years and decide what I think of them some time in the future.

I felt very similarly about the tranquility I had. Red is my favorite color and I the one I got was red. I forget the name now. When I had it in hand I just wasn't impressed. It had no wow factor for me and was just another coin. Now I wish I had kept it because of the high price they are fetching. :laughing:

I'm probably the last one to receive their coins, but I got them finally in the mail yesterday.

I love the look and feel of those coins in polished gold, whereas I don't really care about the Rhodium versions.

My absolute favourite is the Neon, though. I really wished there where more of those in Copper instead the Rhodium.

I'm probably the last one to receive their coins, but I got them finally in the mail yesterday.

I love the look and feel of those coins in polished gold, whereas I don't really care about the Rhodium versions.

My absolute favourite is the Neon, though. I really wished there where more of those in Copper instead the Rhodium.

Nope, you're not the last. Still no coins for me.

+1

Good news, received mine today.

I ordered my Circle of Four in blue/rhodium, because when I read about the Tranquilities, I was always curious about this finish, which I never saw in any other coin's description. I'm really disappointed that I can't differentiate my COF's finish from the polished nickel on some of my other coins. Is there really something different about rhodium, or is it just hype?

I ordered my Circle of Four in blue/rhodium, because when I read about the Tranquilities, I was always curious about this finish, which I never saw in any other coin's description. I'm really disappointed that I can't differentiate my COF's finish from the polished nickel on some of my other coins. Is there really something different about rhodium, or is it just hype?

I thought it gave a darker silver look?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Today I got my package with these coins. I ordered Green on Gold, Red on Gold and Blue on Rhodium and I agree that the gold finish works much better with these coins.

It took almost 8 months to get them but in fact I'm happy that I ordered them because the Red/Gold and the Green/Gold version look fantastic! I hope everything is ok with Jim and I hope that everybody who ordered will get their coins.

After waiting a very very very looong time, I finally received the Circle of Four geocoins.

Pffffff. I almost gave up.

There was some extra pressure required to get things rolling from different sides.

And then when they finally arrived, the factory forgot to engrave the codes, so had to sent them back again!

We now have some standard and two special editions.

The special versions are called Farmer and Dutch edition, both in satin gold (50 pcs each).

They will be available after the holidays. I'll post a note later.

CircleOfFour-Dutch-Farmers.jpg

After waiting a very very very looong time, I finally received the Circle of Four geocoins.

There was some extra pressure required to get things rolling from different sides.

And then when they finally arrived, the factory forgot to engrave the codes, so had to sent them back again!

The special versions are called Farmer and Dutch edition, both in satin gold (50 pcs each).

Like this Versions. :D

Which one is the Farmer edition and which is the Dutch please?

Holy cow guys.... I am trying to get some cash so that my wife and I can go on a well deserved vacation in June. Are these coins really worth the $75 that I am seeing them for on feebay? I have two of the green on gold. I don't even remember what I paid for them. I just remember them taking forever. Thanks.