Circle of Four Geocoin

Geocoin Design

People are slowly getting them - it sounds to me like Jim is sending out a few at a time, but he is sending them out.

If none were being received, THEN I might think he has run off with the money.

So the sky isn't falling quite yet.

Funny, I would have said the sky fell months ago and people are trying to pick up the pieces now. Coins were due in September, arrived in January to Jim and here we are 6 weeks later with people still not getting any coins.

People are slowly getting them - it sounds to me like Jim is sending out a few at a time, but he is sending them out.

If none were being received, THEN I might think he has run off with the money.

So the sky isn't falling quite yet.

Funny, I would have said the sky fell months ago and people are trying to pick up the pieces now. Coins were due in September, arrived in January to Jim and here we are 6 weeks later with people still not getting any coins.

Agreed...

AND "...here we are 6 weeks later with people still not getting any coins." ...or any explaination from him. That's despicable. :mad:

Unfortunately most families have difficulties and challenges to deal with in their lives. My family is no different but that doesn't give me the right or an excuse to ignore my commitments and obligations. I believe we (GeocoinDesign.com customers) have all been very patient and understanding. That patience and listening to excuses from Jim/GeocoinDesign.com is over for me. His complete lack of communication and false statements are inexcusable.

Here are excerpts from his responses to me.

January 21st

” Hi,

I have all coins (including your sets) in hand. I had a stolen PayPal card, so I had to submit a plethora of documents to resolve it and get a new card issued. Now that my new card is on its way, Paypal lifted the resolution and now I can at least print mailing labels again.

All coins I have listed on eBay will be shipped according to eBay rules. Should you win any auctions I have listed, I will ship them with your order.

Regards,

Jim Collins

GeocoinDesign”

February 2nd

“Hi,

I have a slew of orders packed, just waiting on my new Paypal card to get them off in the mail... I have 2 boxes of coin orders ready to go to the post office tomorrow... yours should be in the mail tomorrow.

Regards,

Jim”

February 8th

“I am shipping coins out... and have been for 2 weeks now - but I am not a mass production line. I am 1 person handling over 400 orders by myself. I'm not about to lay down my life in an email, nor this response, but if you have any pressing questions, I can refer you to *****@Groundspeak.com. He knows the story and I am working on everything and juggling other things as well. Regards, Jim

- geocoindesign”

February 13th - I contacted Groundspeak and here is my note and their response.

Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 6:44 AM

To: *****@Groundspeak.com

Subject: Geocoin Design

Why would he refer his customers to you? Are you okay with this?

************”

To: ****** <*********>

Sent: Mon, February 13, 2012 4:22:58 PM

Subject: RE: Geocoin Design

Hi *******,

I am not sure why he is sending people to me for an explanation. No, I am no ok with it. As far as I am concerned, he has had a VERY long time to make good on his customer’s orders and has not yet done so. I understand that he has personal excuses but, at the end of the day, it is not ok to do what he has done to customers and I believe it can easily be considered fraud.

As a customer, I’d suggest that you exercise any and all legal remedies available to you. If you choose to give him more time to work through it; that is your choice. However, he is solely responsible for delivering the products that his customers paid for and, regardless of issue’s, I believe that those products are LONG overdue.

Sincerely,

I really hate to do this but enough is enough. Shame of it is, if he had ongoing honest communication and a delivery plan I probably would of continued patiently waiting…..

This isn’t about the geocoins or money anymore. I have already opened cases with PayPal and my credit card company (but most likely gone). I don’t want to see this individual/company take advantage of unaware customers a third time. I wish I had known he pulled this before……

I have been in contact with federal and local government authorities (civil and criminal). I have already spoken with them and they have provided me with the processes to follow which are listed below. This is Internet Fraud and they assured me that they take this type of activity very seriously.

For civil complaints (Oregon State Attorney General, 877-877-9392) go to www.oregonattorneygeneral.gov

Select “Consumer Complaint Form”. This form is short and easy to complete and submit online. If you want to provide associated documentation you can print and mail (this is what I did). Once they receive at least 10 complaints they immediately escalate the matter.

The Federal Trade Commission should also be contacted at 877-382-4357. Once they have received several complaints they also take additional steps

Better Business Bureau Complaint

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

I also spoke with the Lane Sheriff office (Oregon). They informed me that this is indeed Internet Fraud and customer’s affected should file a report with their local police. Lane will then be informed and they can proceed.

To: ****** <*********>

Sent: Mon, February 13, 2012 4:22:58 PM

Subject: RE: Geocoin Design

Hi *******,

I am not sure why he is sending people to me for an explanation. No, I am no ok with it. As far as I am concerned, he has had a VERY long time to make good on his customer’s orders and has not yet done so. I understand that he has personal excuses but, at the end of the day, it is not ok to do what he has done to customers and I believe it can easily be considered fraud.

As a customer, I’d suggest that you exercise any and all legal remedies available to you. If you choose to give him more time to work through it; that is your choice. However, he is solely responsible for delivering the products that his customers paid for and, regardless of issue’s, I believe that those products are LONG overdue.

Sincerely,

Bryan Roth

I fixed it for you (with emphasis added) and I stand by what I wrote. As customers, I’d suggest that you exercise any and all legal remedies available to you. If you choose to give him more time to work through it; that is your choice. However, he is solely responsible for delivering the products that his customers paid for and, regardless of issue’s, I believe that those products are LONG overdue.

Does anyone know the date that the money was taken out of our accounts or at least the approximate date? If I can locate the exact bill, I will do my part to contact the appropriate organizations to get fraud proceedings started.

Mine was taken out on August the 6th

Is there any way to get the other artist editions or the ebay only other than on ebay? They seem to be doing well and are a bit too pricey for me up there on ebay?

Seems its going to be hard to contact Jim in order to ask him that question. :ph34r:

*edited to note that numerous people have had communication with Jim with no results in resolving the coins that still need to be shipped. I, myself, have been lucky enough to receive my coins but none of my communication attempts to reach Jim before the coins arrived were met with even an email. I don't know what is going on with Jim personally and don't wish ill on anyone, but much of this outrage could have been avoided with simple short communication with his customers.

Edited by scificollector

Has anyone received these coins in the last weeks?

I was going to ask the same thing. Haven't had replies to any of the messages I've sent either since January 26th, and have tried emailing direct, sending a message through here and through ebay.

Has anyone managed to get some sort of reply from him recently??

It's already been said, but if he'd at least take a few minutes to post a comment here or reply to people's emails we'd be a lot less annoyed/angry right now.

It's been 2 months since he recieved the coins which seems more than enough time to have sent them all out or at least let us know why it's taking so long, and with him not replying to any messages now makes me feel more like I've been scammed.

I might wait a day or two to see if anyone recieves their coins or gets a reply from him, but otherwise I think I'll have to fill out an Internet Crime Complaint too (the bbb.org seemed more like it was if you were within the US).

I don't really want to have to do that but I don't really seem to have any other option.

It makes me so angry and so sad every time somebody posts on here they haven't received their coins. I did get mine, and I really dislike them. He doesn't seem to be having any problems selling them on ebay - wonder if he's sending those out?

I hope that, someday, everybody who ordered will get their coins. This situation is really, totally unbelievable.

I have been following this thread with interest. For once I am glad that I didn't have any money to buy any coins. I think that the Walkabouts in post #503 have the best idea what needs to be done now. Bryan reiterated that in post #504 to take legal remedies. It seems to me that in the past when this has happened that there weren't enough complaints in the right places to do much good. I really think this should be reported to the authorities and if this happens again in the future with other vendors it should be reported also.

If you are having problems finding the information needed to fill out some of the online complaint forms, do a Google search for whois geocoindesign.com . Choose the first search result and enter geocoindesign at the top. I believe this is the address we should use unless someone says otherwise. The phone number there is not the same that he has listed here in the forums. So I used the forum phone number.

Let me say I really, really hate to do this. There are some long time people here I respect greatly that are defending him. And I know they would not do it if they did not believe in Jim. But I have had serious issues too and found a way to keep my business running and make people happy. Spending time in intensive care, 2 months of wound therapy to save my leg. Living in a wheelchair or using a walker to just get around for months. Life happens. But if you run a business, it is part of your life also. I only wish the best for Jim in his health and hope his life gets better. Unfortunately this is business...

Mine would have to have been one of the larger orders for sure, plus I won a extra in a comp... so it hurts a bit..

But then remember I have spent as much on a big night out boozing it up... with as much to show for it the following day :yikes:

I'm holding out hope as people keep getting them now and then, but it is waning as the months pass.

:tired:

Has anyone in Europe received their coins yet? Did you receive a "shipped" notice after the "packaged for shipping" notice?

I got my "packaged for shipping" on January 25th, the package should have arrived by now if it were shipped within a week or three after that. But I didn't get any "shipped" notice.

Has anyone in Europe received their coins yet? Did you receive a "shipped" notice after the "packaged for shipping" notice?

I also had a "Packaged for Shipment" email on Jan 25th, but no other communication (i.e. no "Shipped" email) and no coins have arrived here in the UK.

No coins for me in Switzerland. Still haven't even had the 'Packaged for Shipment' email yet and still no communication from him.

I filled out the Internet Crime Complaint form out the other day since I don't really know what else to do right now, so hopefully I might get somewhere with that.

I'm curious to know, so I'm putting it out to those who have been fortunate to get coins from this situation.

Is it the squeaky wheel getting the attention? I have been patiently waiting, thinking if I don't rock the boat maybe

I'll get lucky one day... But now I'm wondering if those who are taking action and filing reports or purchased a coin on ebay

are those who are being sent presale coins, maybe to make the immediate issue go away?

Can those who have been lucky give a brief rundown on how it played out for you?

Cheers.

I received a "Packaged for Shipment" email on Jan 25th and received my coins (6 of them) on February 10th. I had posted a few times on the forum and emailed him three times with no response. I didn't take any legal action as it was LONG past time for any paypal dispute. I also purchased an AE on the eplace and got that one in the mail within a week of the end of the auction. So, I don't know why some people got theirs and some didn't. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to it. I feel so bad about others who have not received their coins. It is a frustrating situation and we all know we are dealing with someone who exhibits no moral values whatsoever. I am sorry if he is having problems, but, quite frankly, I don't care what's going on in his personal life...everybody I know (including me) is dealing with something in life. That does not give him license to cheat and scam people in his professional life. He has taken no responsibility and refuses to communicate with anybody. It is beyond shameful.

And another of the really sad results about this is that it totally ruins it for other reputable designers of good character to ever attempt a pre-sale for their own coins.

Edited 'cause I really don't like to be so mean. I'm just frustrated for other people.

Edited by steben6

Just got this email-

Date Ordered: Saturday 06 August, 2011

The comments for your order are: Tracking: ######################

Sorry for delay.

Your order has been updated to the following status:

New status: Shipped

Hopefully others are getting some emails also.

I was later with the reservation, but still with the assumption that they would come with the 1st batch.

Appearantly, that was not the case. My Circle of Four geocoins are not ready yet.

Yesterday, I finally got the confirmation that they are being produced now.

It concerns two special versions in satin gold ('Dutch' and 'Farmers' edition) and a number of standard versions.

I did not get a date when they will be ready, but I assume in a month or so.

woejam

CircleOfFour-Dutch.jpg

CircleOfFour-Farmers.jpg

The tracking number is moving. Hopedfully there will be some more emails for others today.

woejam, wow. Just now being produced? Were those suposed to be made last year along with the first run?

Tracking-

3/12/12

8:21 PM

EUGENE, OR 97401

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

3/12/12

7:48 PM

EUGENE, OR 97401

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

3/12/12

5:55 PM

SPRINGFIELD, OR 97477

Dispatched to Sort Facility

3/12/12

4:10 PM

SPRINGFIELD, OR 97477

Acceptance

The tracking number is moving. Hopedfully there will be some more emails for others today.

woejam, wow. Just now being produced? Were those suposed to be made last year along with the first run?

Yes, that was the idea when I made the reservation. <_<

But I was somewhat later with the reservation, so apperarantly, it did not fit anymore.