Circle of Four Geocoin

Geocoin Design

So far I've only had a reply to an email (a few weeks after he'd recieved them) to say he was starting to send them out, but no actual email saying mine were packaged or sent yet :(

Since other people were already recieving them and seeing them being sold on ebay, I'd assumed they had all already been sent since it's been about a month since he recieved them.

Hopefully will get some sort of message soon, but I guess I won't actually know until I have them in hand.

I ordered some of these coins and I still have not received them or even any sort of e-mail. Is there anyone else who has not yet received coins or an e-mail?

No e-mail and no coins yet

+1 for no coins or shipping e-mail, tho I did get an e-mail they had been packed ready for shipping 10 days ago. :blink:

Edited by AlliedOz

I still haven't received any emails. I was very understanding up to now and thought the whole time that there will be good reasons for that. But to tell the truth I get a little bit angry now seeing that the vendor sold other versions of this coin on eBay AND sent them in the meantime doesn't give me a good feeling. I gave him my money first and I expect service prior to all the business that he did after that. Please Jim, if you read this - at least tell me/us something about the delivery of these coins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting t get pretty cranky because I see so many of these coins on eBay and I have not received mine or even an e-mail.

On the other hand, I have noticed that these are selling for a lot. Maybe it is just a good design, or maybe people like bad boys. The Circle of Four coin is now officially a rouge, a scoundrel, and people seem to like that. Remember that the hope diamond is one of the most desirable gems because it is said to be cursed. I almost wonder if this isn't being done on purpose to drive up their value. Maybe the designer wants to go out with a bang. Maybe he doesn't even plan on quitting. Maybe he thinks he has found a good strategy to create buzz.

I'm still waiting for mine...btw. it is amazing to see how on ebay the coins are going away and for what a high price. And the winner seems happy, bidding on the first five AE's at the last 2 weeks and win, now the last five coins which ended today, he winning again! :blink: He will now have two sets of the AE's! Congratulation! :anibad:

He's probably selling them on ebay to be able to afford the International shipping. Afterall it is now 50-65% higher than what he charged you.

I realize this is probably just a guess on your part, but to the best of my calculations, he's made over $900 selling his AEs on ebay. Looks like he's had the time and certainly has the money. I'm so sorry there are still people waiting for their coins, not to mention waiting for just a personal word from the man who took their money. This is absolutely repulsive. A lesson VERY WELL learned on my part. "Don't do business with GeocoinDesigns"!!

I´m still waiting for any newer infos. No shipping info, no coins arrived. Feeling sad.

Same. Haven't even had a packaged for shipping message yet :(

I can understand delays with the minting, but waiting over a month before sending out coins that were paid for months ago isn't right.

Just sent him another email to see if/when they might actually be sent.

I, too, feel so bad that people are still waiting for their coins. This is really an unbelieveable situation. And the sad thing is that history has repeated itself. Sure hope it doesn't happen again down the line. Unfortunately, it has appeared to work twice for this seller and newer people won't know the history when he does it again. I got my coins and they are still sitting on my table because I just don't know what to do with them - I think they are ugly now. I tried to be understanding throughout this process and not make judgements, as others have suggested, but he just keeps feeding the angst by not responding to his customers. It's appalling, in my opinion, and so sad.

And the sad thing is that history has repeated itself...

I dont think I was around when something like this happened before. I have read about people having issues with presales in general and I knew that potential was there, but from what I have been reading in this thread is that it seems like this vendor in particular has done this exact thing before. Am I reading this right?

And the sad thing is that history has repeated itself...

I dont think I was around when something like this happened before. I have read about people having issues with presales in general and I knew that potential was there, but from what I have been reading in this thread is that it seems like this vendor in particular has done this exact thing before. Am I reading this right?

Yes.

TMA

Well, I was thinking I was sorry to have missed out on the presale. The art didn't thrill me, but the actual coin is pretty handsome and they seem to be good value...for those who actually get them. But it's frustrating to see this again, especially after Jim went through (reportedly) what he did to make up for the last time. The killer here is lack of regular communication with clients -- and outright refusing to communicate with clients -- and putting coins up for sale on eBay before every last customer gets his or her shipping notice. It's a crying shame, because the designs that Paula comes up with are so nice: the business practices associated with them just kills it for the regulars. It's a lesson to the rest of us who want to get into this business: don't do this. Of course, as has been pointed out before, as long as Jim waits until the furor dies down, there will always be new customers who aren't aware of his modus operandi, and of course due to the magic of eBay these beautiful coins will always have buyers (as we've seen). However, Groundspeak would be well within their rights, given the amount of work this creates for them in terms of dealing with angry emails, to simply refuse to approve another design proposed by Jim in the future. Hopefully Paula will move to some other vendor.

So, all in all, I guess I'm not sorry I missed the presale after all. But the coins are still handsome. If there's anyone out there who's actually received theirs and has some extra to trade, please drop me a note and let me know what you'd consider a fair trade for the coin or coins you've got.

Edited to add: make sure you're using this thread to report problems with this (or any) vendor.

Edited by Jackalgirl

Well, I was thinking I was sorry to have missed out on the presale. The art didn't thrill me, but the actual coin is pretty handsome and they seem to be good value...for those who actually get them. But it's frustrating to see this again, especially after Jim went through (reportedly) what he did to make up for the last time. The killer here is lack of regular communication with clients -- and outright refusing to communicate with clients -- and putting coins up for sale on eBay before every last customer gets his or her shipping notice. It's a crying shame, because the designs that Paula comes up with are so nice: the business practices associated with them just kills it for the regulars. It's a lesson to the rest of us who want to get into this business: don't do this. Of course, as has been pointed out before, as long as Jim waits until the furor dies down, there will always be new customers who aren't aware of his modus operandi, and of course due to the magic of eBay these beautiful coins will always have buyers (as we've seen). However, Groundspeak would be well within their rights, given the amount of work this creates for them in terms of dealing with angry emails, to simply refuse to approve another design proposed by Jim in the future. Hopefully Paula will move to some other vendor.

So, all in all, I guess I'm not sorry I missed the presale after all. But the coins are still handsome. If there's anyone out there who's actually received theirs and has some extra to trade, please drop me a note and let me know what you'd consider a fair trade for the coin or coins you've got.

Edited to add: make sure you're using this thread to report problems with this (or any) vendor.

This is very old ground, but for very good reasons I doubt very much if that is this coins designer. That was the cause of the first piece of history...

Groundspeak are very aware of the history behind all of this (both instances).

That's all I can say on this.

I know my coins will come. :)

Edited by keewee

I don't think Paula had anything to do with the Circle of Four coins.

Could I ask those who have received their coins whether they ever got a "shipped" status email, or did they just turn up out of the blue?

Thanks,

Russ

One of the coins I bought on eBay. I received a message through eBay that this coin was shipped, together with the other six I ordered. But I received only four today. I suppose the other three will arrive soon, because the eBay coin wasn't with the four I received. I didn't get a separate "Shipped" mail for the six I bought in the presale (that I can remember)

Edited by JackHoe

I was wondering if someone that Jim does respond to can contact him to see if we can get an update. Its going on 2 months and while the ebay sales seem to be brisk, I cant even get a status update.

Still no reactions to e-mails and no coins....

Same here - sent him 2 emails in the last 2 weeks and had no response - going to try sending a message through ebay and see if I can get any reply, but I doubt I will.

I'm really wishing I hadn't ordered 9 or 10 coins now and that I'd known more about peoples previous experience buying from him, but stupidly assumed he'd be an honest and reliable seller like most people I've seen on here.

The last time I did get a response was January 26th, 3 weeks after he recieved the coins and that was saying he was just starting to send them out.

It's approaching 2 months since he recieved them and right now it's looking more like he's taken our money and run, and I'm not really sure what I can do to either get him to send the coins or get my money back :mad: