Circle of Four Geocoin

Geocoin Design

I have not yet heard back from this vendor despite my phone calls and an email yesterday. Considering the circumstances, until further notice, this vendor has been removed from Groundspeak's list of authorized geocoin vendors.

The Vendor's Company name has been removed from the Forum List and we've submitted a development team request to have the vendor removed from the Geocoin Manufacturers and Resellers list accessible from this link as well.

Hopefully everyone gets the coins that they paid for and hopefully we hear from the vendor soon.

I have not yet heard back from this vendor despite my phone calls and an email yesterday. Considering the circumstances, until further notice, this vendor has been removed from Groundspeak's list of authorized geocoin vendors.

The Vendor's Company name has been removed from the Forum List and we've submitted a development team request to have the vendor removed from the Geocoin Manufacturers and Resellers list accessible from this link as well.

Hopefully everyone gets the coins that they paid for and hopefully we hear from the vendor soon.

Isn't it ironic that the vendor is removed from Groundspeak's list of authorized geocoin vendors and roughly 12 hours later coins are being prepared for shipment? Interesting.....

I got mine, too:

"Geocoin Design Order Number: 1852 Detailed Invoice Date Ordered: Saturday 06 August, 2011 The comments for your order are: Packaged for shipment"

I'm not getting overly excited. It's just another delay tactic. He's been playing us for months. Sickening...

EDIT:

For an update:

" Geocoin Design Order Number: 1852 Detailed Invoice Date Ordered: Saturday 06 August, 2011 The comments for your order are: Tracking *******"

I'll let you know if/when they arrive.

Edited by imoutnabout

Isn't it ironic that the vendor is removed from Groundspeak's list of authorized geocoin vendors and roughly 12 hours later coins are being prepared for shipment? Interesting.....

Very interesting timing I'd say too. I hope that he doesn't make it back on those lists too....

Look, none of us know the background of what is going on with Jim at the moment. For all we know he is tending to a critically ill relative, or something else deeply personal or private. In this case or many similar situations I think all of us would drop everything else and concentrate on what is truly important in life. I'm not saying that this is what has happened here, or if it has that things have transpired in a manner quite ideal to that situation (communication), but none of us know what is actually happening. We have no facts. And until we do, maybe we shouldn't pass judgement.

I am wondering if Bryan, or anyone who knows Jim has heard anything?

Oh, and my Order Status is also showing as "Packaged for shipment", but it has yet to change to shipped.

Look, none of us know the background of what is going on with Jim at the moment. For all we know he is tending to a critically ill relative, or something else deeply personal or private. In this case or many similar situations I think all of us would drop everything else and concentrate on what is truly important in life. I'm not saying that this is what has happened here, or if it has that things have transpired in a manner quite ideal to that situation (communication), but none of us know what is actually happening. We have no facts. And until we do, maybe we shouldn't pass judgement.

Oh, and my Order Status is also showing as "Packaged for shipment", but it has yet to change to shipped.

Bravo Keewee! You said exactly what I was thinking of the whole time but somehow I was unable to express it. Several times I started to post something like that but always I failed and cancelled it. Don't get me wrong, I also was disappointed with the lack of communication but without knowing the reason for that I didn't want to judge this. And maybe I am naive but all the time I was sure that I will get these coins, just a matter of time.

By the way: no email so far.

Here is a crappy picture of the entire set:

C4Fullset.jpg

Yes, coins are shipping out.

Keeping it on a positive note...

It may be a crappy photo, but wholly *cow* they look good!!!!!!! (Will saying that get me banned? :blush:). *not yet, but please read before posting next time*

I think if the photo had been high res I would have had a wee accident from over excitement!! :laughing:

My favorites from the photo would be the Canterbury and KeeWee versions... but then I might almost have a tiny teeny bit of a bias towards those version too :rolleyes::laughing:

Good to hear from you Jim. Keep your chin up and a smile on your face!

Edited by Eartha
*moderator edited*

Thanks for the picture, Jim.

The coins look indeed good. Can't wait to hold them in my hands :rolleyes:

However, for me no info on our shipment.

Also no reply from Jim on any of my emails..... :(

I agree that you should not judge before you know what's going on.

However, that becomes difficult, if there is no info whatsoever.

To my view, just spend 5 minutes on posting a message on the forum when there is delay.

The reason is not important.

Edited by woejam

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree. We ALL have personal issues going on every day. Some are minor, some are major...and disappearing from the forums to deal with them is understandable and acceptable. But when you use the forums to promote your business, and take people's money it goes beyond that. I don't want to know the details of Jim's life or problems...I don't know him well enough and he's not my "friend"...I just want the product I paid for. If common practice was to ship product...THEN receive payment, do you think Jim would have been so uncommunicative? I doubt it.

Maybe some of you don't have financial issues and that makes it easier for you to forgive people who steal your money, but some of us do. I'm not saying I can't afford these coins...but I certainly can't afford to throw away the money I gave Jim over 5 months ago.

IF Jim is having serious personal issues, I'm sorry for him and I wish him well, but my feeling is that once he accepted my payment and promised to deliver his product, he entered into a relationship with me and he owes me. Not communicating with me is downright RUDE and not delivering the product is criminal.

I'm sorry to be a downer. That's not my usual attitude, but personal issues of my own have made me realize that letting people walk all over you can eventually stomp you into the ground. I'm standing up for myself.

I missed the presale so I didn't have to worry about the delivery. But now, since they are available, I start to worry how to get them.

If anyone (Jim doesn't answer) is willing to sell or trade one or two, please contact me.

There are five different versions of the Circle of Four geocoin available for sale on the e place. Can't wait to get mine!

Well, by posting anything here you make it public by default - just be aware.

But let's keep this discussion focused on the topic at hand: Delivery of a product that consumers paid for. The reasons behind said delivery are really not relevant to the discussion at hand. While this may be a community, some have chosen to make selling coins here a business and therefore are subject to expectations accordingly.

I ordered some of these coins and I still have not received them or even any sort of e-mail. Is there anyone else who has not yet received coins or an e-mail?

I haven't received any notificatins yet, either, I emailed GD 2 days ago to ask when I could expect to receive my coin, & here's the answer I got:

I am processing all orders... Domestic first, then Worldwide... as received in order.

It's rather aggravating that he has time to list coins on eBay but hasn't shipped orders paid for on Aug. 6, 2011! My order is for only 1 coin, & $14.21 isn't going to make or break me, but it's the principle of it--if I had taken money from people 6 months ago, the minute I received the merchandise, I'd have stayed up all night getting it packaged up, & I'd be waiting at the Post Office when they unlocked the doors!

I ordered some of these coins and I still have not received them or even any sort of e-mail. Is there anyone else who has not yet received coins or an e-mail?

I haven't received any notificatins yet, either, I emailed GD 2 days ago to ask when I could expect to receive my coin, & here's the answer I got:

I am processing all orders... Domestic first, then Worldwide... as received in order.

It's rather aggravating that he has time to list coins on eBay but hasn't shipped orders paid for on Aug. 6, 2011! My order is for only 1 coin, & $14.21 isn't going to make or break me, but it's the principle of it--if I had taken money from people 6 months ago, the minute I received the merchandise, I'd have stayed up all night getting it packaged up, & I'd be waiting at the Post Office when they unlocked the doors!

It is really a shame that he is selling them on ebay and leave us customers without any notice !!!