Circle of Four Geocoin

Geocoin Design

1st COINTEST!!!!

Here's what you are playing for: 1 of 20 XLE Edition of "Your" color choice!

How it works:

1) Somebody in this thread (after my 1 hour fair warning pic) scored the first purchase of "Circle of Four". That person knows who they are, so they are not eligible to guess (unless of course they choose to guess incorrectly to throw everybody else off).

2) The first to guess who got the first order in will win a '1 of 20' XLE, get to name the edition, choose the colors (I will provide a color chart) and choose the plating!

3) The person who actually ordered first will receive one by default.

4) Only 1 guess per every 2 hours.

5) Edited posts are disqualified and you will lose your guess for 2 hrs.

6) My cointest, my rules!

7) GO!!!!

I was going to guess Geocoin Design - but then Jim wouldn't have purchased on in the sale :laughing:

<snip>

My purchase occurs when the 5 days of ordering ends.. that's when I will order from the mint, purchase tracking numbers and pay the icon fee. ;)

Glad I changed my mind then :)

So my third guess is Azure Sky (I was going to guess her last time, but other factors made me change my mind - for better or worse)

Those sets went quick! 1-2 minutes?

It seems that the 5 regular editions are made both in polished gold and rhodium. Does that mean there's currently 10 regular editions? (Yes, still a newbie.)

WOW - It took this long for someone to ask WHAT THESE WERE BEING PLATED IN!!! Congrats Mamoreb, you have just scored yourself an Artist Edition!!!

Circle of Four is being plated in Polished Gold and Rhodium - Artist Editions are being plated in Black Nickel + Polished Gold and Black Nickel + Rhodium. Artist Editions will have NO ENAMELING.

Wow, that's incredible! Thank you, Jim!

36_1_33.gif

If I understood everything correctly, we should have a winner. No more options to choose from, even after removing the disqualified ones.

So, is the new cointest to guess who won the first cointest? :) I think that keewee won by guessing AzureSky! I think there are two other candidates, though...

I was going to guess Geocoin Design - but then Jim wouldn't have purchased on in the sale :laughing:

<snip>

My purchase occurs when the 5 days of ordering ends.. that's when I will order from the mint, purchase tracking numbers and pay the icon fee. ;)

So my third guess is Azure Sky (I was going to guess her last time, but other factors made me change my mind - for better or worse)

DING DING DING

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Azure Sky had the fastest finger! Congrats Craig! I will send off a color chart in email today and explain the design. Ill even make it simple for you and send a color coded design.

After Keewee chooses colors and a plating, I will post that art to this thread.

<snip>

DING DING DING

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Azure Sky had the fastest finger! Congrats Craig! I will send off a color chart in email today and explain the design. Ill even make it simple for you and send a color coded design.

Nooo!! You cant let Keewee choose the colours - he'll just go for all Blacks :laughing:

<snip>

DING DING DING

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Nooo!! You cant let Keewee choose the colours - he'll just go for all Blacks :laughing:

LOL!

<snip>

DING DING DING

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Those sets went quick! 1-2 minutes?

It seems that the 5 regular editions are made both in polished gold and rhodium. Does that mean there's currently 10 regular editions? (Yes, still a newbie.)

WOW - It took this long for someone to ask WHAT THESE WERE BEING PLATED IN!!! Congrats Mamoreb, you have just scored yourself an Artist Edition!!!

Circle of Four is being plated in Polished Gold and Rhodium - Artist Editions are being plated in Black Nickel + Polished Gold and Black Nickel + Rhodium. Artist Editions will have NO ENAMELING.

Wow, that's incredible! Thank you, Jim!

36_1_33.gif

You're very welcome... I'm really surprised it took this long for anyone to ask what metals the coin was being plated in.. :blink: :blink:

<snip>

DING DING DING

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Congratulations Craig! Have fun designing the coin! :lol:

Just wanted to say that there are now 10 versions of this coin. I have decided that I am going to mint only 30 of Version A; 15 Version H (AE) & 20 Version I (AE). Versions B-F are regular versions. Version G will be available in sets only. I realize that some of you will be in 'no internet' zones, and some will be fast asleep.

However, I am maintaining some pretty strict minting guidelines. Full sets will be limited to 2 per customer, so folks who are going to be getting an extra set for someone who won't be able to... choose your proxy shoppers wisely!

"Circle of Four" is being produced in Translucent Hard Enamels and is a 3 level coin. It will be pretty hefty at 2"x3.5mm.

As a reminder, PRESALES will begin on Saturday, Aug 6th at 2:30pm US PACIFIC TIME.

Jim, I have a doubt, only about numbers.

When you said that 'Version G will be available in sets only', do you mean that Version G will be available in this sets only', or that also will be available in all sets, in future sets? :ph34r:

Just wanted to say that there are now 10 versions of this coin. I have decided that I am going to mint only 30 of Version A; 15 Version H (AE) & 20 Version I (AE). Versions B-F are regular versions. Version G will be available in sets only. I realize that some of you will be in 'no internet' zones, and some will be fast asleep.

However, I am maintaining some pretty strict minting guidelines. Full sets will be limited to 2 per customer, so folks who are going to be getting an extra set for someone who won't be able to... choose your proxy shoppers wisely!

"Circle of Four" is being produced in Translucent Hard Enamels and is a 3 level coin. It will be pretty hefty at 2"x3.5mm.

As a reminder, PRESALES will begin on Saturday, Aug 6th at 2:30pm US PACIFIC TIME.

Jim, I have a doubt, only about numbers.

When you said that 'Version G will be available in sets only', do you mean that Version G will be available in this sets only', or that also will be available in all sets, in future sets? :ph34r:

Version G (NEON) were available ONLY in the sets that sold out yesterday.

:o OMG - thank you very much!!! Oh WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the cointest Jim! With so few names to choose from as answers, those of us playing were very lucky not more people stumbled across the cointest!

Thanks everyone - I'll try and make this a stunner!

<snip>

DING DING DING

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Great idea Liz - thanks for that!!! Black IS one of the options available for the coin. :laughing:

Maybe I'll call it "The New Zealand is Missing" Edition :laughing:

<snip>

Maybe I'll call it "The New Zealand is Missing" Edition :laughing:

Just so you know, Craig... The version you are doing is assigned Version "K" (11th version) - Ironic that Keewee chooses colors on version K. Maybe the "Kiwi" edition? :unsure:

Congrats!

Hmmm... I think I have hit upon a colour scheme... How many shades of black are there Liz? :laughing:

<snip>

Maybe I'll call it "The New Zealand is Missing" Edition :laughing::

Hmmm... I think I have hit upon a colour scheme... How many shades of black are there Liz? :laughing:

....or the 'Lost' edition? LOL But I think I may just start backing away now, and avoiding eye contact.... :ph34r: