Circle of Four Geocoin

Geocoin Design

Circle of Four

Presale Announcement

It is my pleasure to announce the presale of "Circle of Four", which made its debut last week. I am truly overwhelmed by the responses and comments received on this coin, for the design is simply amazing. Thank you all who have made this coin a success.

Circle of Four is a multi level coin (3 levels actually). It will contain a number of textures and will be filled with Translucent Hard Enamels. I am just in love with this design. The obverse design features symbols of the Zodiac, symbolic of everything on this planet revolving in a never-ending circle. The center motif shall be filled with translucent enamel leaving the west coast of Africa, Asia, Oceania and Australia (along with its sidekick, Tasmania) in raised metal. Of course, all the metal borders are beautifully crafted florals along with the four compass headings.

The reverse design is centered around a beautiful quote I felt appropriate for this design. It reads: "Forests, lakes, and rivers, clouds and winds, stars and flowers, stupendous glaciers and crystal snowflakes - every form of animate and inanimate existence, leaves its impress upon the soul of man." The first time I read that, I was truly floored and thought "This is the one". According to the medicine wheel, the circle of the four explains alot on the elements, which surround this quote. Energy, Matter, Time and Space are representative of the four elements Air, Earth, Fire & Water.

Circle of Four will go on presale Saturday, August 6th at 2:30pm Pacific Standard Time. Presales will close either when there are no more, or 5 days - whichever comes first.

I created 9 versions of Circle of Four for the first production run. There will be 5 regular versions available in the presale: Purple, Red, Blue, Green and Lakota. I created 1 version specifically for eBay and 2 Artist Editions for me to gift out and/or place in caches at my own disposal. I also designed one version that will ONLY be available in set purchases. These coins are limited to 25 sets and the color scheme is a surprise! Therefore, the 25 sets that will be available will be shipped with a 6th Circle of Four coin. I am not going to divulge the color scheme prior to the presale.

So, there it is. Production of Circle of Four will take place immediately following the close of presales and will be available around the middle of September. Oh, one other thing. Distributors of Geocoin Design geocoins who choose to carry Circle of Four in their stores will also have unique color versions specifically for their store.

Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you NEXT weekend at 2:30pm Pacific time.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Looks familiar! :P Are you showing any color combos. And have much do you think they will be selling for?

I will be showing all the color combos in this thread. I sat down at Chipotle today and chose colors for 6 versions. I just need to put those colors on the art. As far as cost, I haven't heard back from the mint yet, but once I do, it will be posted here as well.

I wanted to explain the color choices up there ^^ so you all know what I was thinking :huh:

The black, yellow, red & white colors were based on the colors of the Lakota tribal nation. The Lakota people viewed these colors as the basis of the human family representing the 4 original colors of man. I thought that was kinda cool.

The red, blue, orange & green are the logo colors of eBay, and that's where this one will end up because I'm only making a few of them... prolly 30 or less... :lol:

Then there are the blue, green and purple versions and I'm working on red....

I'm digging the green one. So... not to step on any toes... but did the inset of asia change when the name changed?

No.. The Americas were on the first, and I put "Tassie" on this one on purpose. Its been like that from the beginning... This one shows Oceania, Asia, India, Australia and a sliver of Africa and Antartica.

Edit: Forgot to mention Australia ;)

Edited by Geocoin Design

...and for those who are fans of Red, you may now rejoice!

C4v6RdGD.jpg

Enjoy!

I LIKE IT!!!

I'm digging the green one. So... not to step on any toes... but did the inset of asia change when the name changed?

No.. The Americas were on the first, and I put "Tassie" on this one on purpose. Its been like that from the beginning... This one shows Oceania, Asia, India, Australia and a sliver of Africa and Antartica.

But alas no New Zealand - we're part of Oceania too :cry:

Maybe we'll make it onto the 3rd coin...

Edited by keewee

...and for those who are fans of Red, you may now rejoice!

C4v6RdGD.jpg

Enjoy!

I LIKE IT!!!

But alas no New Zealand - we're part of Oceania too :cry:

Maybe we'll make it onto the 3rd coin...

Looks like Madagascar (Population 7) made the cut, though.

I struggled with that choice, but in the end, I chose to include the Red Sea and Persian Gulf. New Zealand is a lot less volitile of a region. I was enjoying some kiwi fruit while I was putting the design together though... does that count? :P

LMAO... um - NO! :blink:

Well, you just have to make a special NZ coin one day then! :D

I struggled with that choice, but in the end, I chose to include the Red Sea and Persian Gulf. New Zealand is a lot less volitile of a region. I was enjoying some kiwi fruit while I was putting the design together though... does that count? :P

Poor Keewee - GeocoinGuy should have done a great big Australia with a prominent Tasmania, and a little New Zealand on the side :laughing::ph34r:

Poor Keewee - GeocoinGuy should have done a great big Australia with a prominent Tasmania, and a little New Zealand on the side :laughing::ph34r:

Are you suggesting that Australia is the center of the Earth and the rest of Oceania are its moons? LOL :blink:

Okay - so this is how I have decided to do this coin sale.

1. I am going to do a presale. I just don't know when yet, but it will be announced.

2. I am going to release 5 versions: Purple, Green, Lakota, Blue & Red.

3. I am only going to sell 25 sets - BUT, EACH set will contain an otherwise unreleased/unpublished 6th version (its a mystery, eh?). So, you will receive 6 coins per set.

4. Art posted in post #1 (if you haven't figured out the color scheme yet) will be available on eBay only.

5. I will be making 2 other versions for me.

6. Distributors will be carrying color schemes unique to their respective stores.

As it stands right now, I'm looking at a first run of 875 coins, but that's not firm yet. Just thought I would keep everyone in the know. :D

OMG... since posting about the presale yesterday, I have been bombarded with PMs and emails to secure a set of these coins...

Let me make it clear that I am going to be keeping this fair for everyone, so I will NOT be setting aside any sets for anyone - rather, all will be listed in my webstore when the presale goes active. Therefore, you must (if you're not already) have a member login in my store.

This is the only way to work it to not show any kind of favoritism to anyone. I truly appreciate all the interest and excitement for these gorgeous coins. They will be spectacular!

OMG... since posting about the presale yesterday, I have been bombarded with PMs and emails to secure a set of these coins...

Let me make it clear that I am going to be keeping this fair for everyone, so I will NOT be setting aside any sets for anyone - rather, all will be listed in my webstore when the presale goes active. Therefore, you must (if you're not already) have a member login in my store.

This is the only way to work it to not show any kind of favoritism to anyone. I truly appreciate all the interest and excitement for these gorgeous coins. They will be spectacular!

Maybe you should consider to increase the number of sets you will make available, since there is such a run on them?

Hi Jim,

Is it possible to consider randomly staggering the addition of the sets please, otherwise (depending on the time presale goes live) it becomes a lot harder for some timezones to get in early - I'm getting older (but not THAT old!!!!!!) and the body does not do 3am mad rush geocoin sales any more. :laughing:

Do you have any idea when the presale might start?

I'd like to try and get at least one of these coins, but with limited numbers of sets I'm going to guess it'll be pretty hard to get them.

Plus I'm travelling for the next few weeks and not sure if I can get internet access easily where I'll be, so I'm hoping the presale won't happen while I'm away.

Hi Jim,

Is it possible to consider randomly staggering the addition of the sets please, otherwise (depending on the time presale goes live) it becomes a lot harder for some timezones to get in early - I'm getting older (but not THAT old!!!!!!) and the body does not do 3am mad rush geocoin sales any more. :laughing:

Does 9:30am Keewee time work for your Craig? Liz should be up by then too!

Hi Jim,

LMAO - yes thank you very much - it works nicely :D

Liz had better not sleep in!

What time is that in California?

I knew someone would ask! :laughing:

That would be 2:30pm LewisClan77 time

7:30am Greenish time

5:30pm Azure Sky time

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keeping my fingers crossed the sale does not happen Mon-Thurs; I'm at work at that time. :lol:

Hopefully it will be on a Saturday or Sunday, because I am at work at that time.

If it's a work day, I will be about to head for work (except that I will be hanging around for a geocoin sale :laughing: ) If it's NOT a workday, then i'll be getting up early to make sure I dont miss out on a geocoin sale B)

If I happen to get up early/stay home and be late for work for a geocoin sale and DONT manage to get a geocoin or 6, THEN I shall be most upset and have to go back to bed to compose myself. GeocoinGuy will have to write a note for my boss to explain why I wasn't able to make it in that day, OR he'll have to explain to Cheesy pig why I couldn't function and look after my child, do housework, etc that day.... Deal? :anibad:

Circle of Four

Presale Announcement

It is my pleasure to announce the presale of "Circle of Four", which made its debut last week. I am truly overwhelmed by the responses and comments received on this coin, for the design is simply amazing. Thank you all who have made this coin a success.

Circle of Four is a multi level coin (3 levels actually). It will contain a number of textures and will be filled with Translucent Hard Enamels. I am just in love with this design. The obverse design features symbols of the Zodiac, symbolic of everything on this planet revolving in a never-ending circle. The center motif shall be filled with translucent enamel leaving the west coast of Africa, Asia, Oceania and Australia (along with its sidekick, Tasmania) in raised metal. Of course, all the metal borders are beautifully crafted florals along with the four compass headings.

The reverse design is centered around a beautiful quote I felt appropriate for this design. It reads: "Forests, lakes, and rivers, clouds and winds, stars and flowers, stupendous glaciers and crystal snowflakes - every form of animate and inanimate existence, leaves its impress upon the soul of man." The first time I read that, I was truly floored and thought "This is the one". According to the medicine wheel, the circle of the four explains alot on the elements, which surround this quote. Energy, Matter, Time and Space are representative of the four elements Air, Earth, Fire & Water.

Circle of Four will go on presale Saturday, August 6th at 2:30pm Pacific Standard Time. Presales will close either when there are no more, or 5 days - whichever comes first.

I created 9 versions of Circle of Four for the first production run. There will be 5 regular versions available in the presale: Purple, Red, Blue, Green and Lakota. I created 1 version specifically for eBay and 2 Artist Editions for me to gift out and/or place in caches at my own disposal. I also designed one version that will ONLY be available in set purchases. These coins are limited to 25 sets and the color scheme is a surprise! Therefore, the 25 sets that will be available will be shipped with a 6th Circle of Four coin. I am not going to divulge the color scheme prior to the presale.

So, there it is. Production of Circle of Four will take place immediately following the close of presales and will be available around the middle of September. Oh, one other thing. Distributors of Geocoin Design geocoins who choose to carry Circle of Four in their stores will also have unique color versions specifically for their store.

Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you NEXT weekend at 2:30pm Pacific time.

Couples questions:

1. Cost?

2. Pre-Sales, does that mean you are taking peoples money or just taking order?

Also have the same questions.

Turns out the presale will be starting at 10:30pm my time, on the only night I won't have easy internet access, in a country where I don't speak the language. I've had a look for places that might have wi-fi nearby, so hope I can get to one of those if it's not too late, but would be worth knowing cost/payment info ahead of time.