Posting Pictures

It can, if you want it to.

HOWEVER.

If it's a specially cam'oed container, and will spoil it for other finders, NO.

Also, try not to show anything in the photograph which will give the game away as to where the cache is hidden. And beware of showing clues to the area of the finals for Puzzle and multi caches.

And. If you photograph a TB to post - DON'T show the TB tracking number in the photo.

We wouldn't photograph the containers usually, I don't think they're that interesting, but we did once photograph the cache box and all the contents because it had a really strange collection of bits and pieces in it.

As above, we take pics of scenery on the way to the location, or flowers or birds etc.

MrsB :)

I do take pictures of interesting and unique containers, but those are for my own personal use, I don't upload them because I think it's more fun to be surprised when I'm on a hunt, so I don't want to spoil it.

It is allowed, but frowned upon. I know a lot of CO's who would ask you to remove such photos if you did post them (the link to the pictures does contain a warning about how it may contain spoilers)

I post pics of other things near the cache that I find interesting.

I take at least one photo at every cache I find. I adopt a TB and dip it in every cache for miles and take a pic. I only post the pics on the page for the TB. After a while and a bunch of miles, I drop it and pick up another. I have taken and posted over a thousand geocaching photos. I have placed over 40 caches and I love it when cachers take photos at my caches. I think we should all post more photo's.

I post pictures of me finding the caches and yes, most of the time they include the container along with my signed log. I don't think it's that big of deal...if you're viewing the pictures BEFORE you find the cache, you're obviously doing it because you want a hint or something. But that's just my opinion....

I take at least one photo at every cache I find. I adopt a TB and dip it in every cache for miles and take a pic. I only post the pics on the page for the TB. After a while and a bunch of miles, I drop it and pick up another. I have taken and posted over a thousand geocaching photos. I have placed over 40 caches and I love it when cachers take photos at my caches. I think we should all post more photo's.

I definitely agree.

I post pictures of me finding the caches and yes, most of the time they include the container along with my signed log. I don't think it's that big of deal...if you're viewing the pictures BEFORE you find the cache, you're obviously doing it because you want a hint or something. But that's just my opinion....

While that is one way to think of it.... there's another, also.

Sounds to me as though you are posting a "spoiler" simply because you want to. Without regard of the cache owner's desires or even that of other cacher's.

While it may be argumentative, there is always two sides to every coin, what?

I love taking pictures of my caching adventures! I usually take pics of myself, scenery, trails, trees, cache containers that ARE NOT meant to be tricky. etc. I don't take pictures of cache containers that are meant to be tricky.

Any picture that is a non spoiler goes with my logs.

I also took a few pics that would give away the cache location. For these, I upload them to a log of an archived event. That way they show in my gallery still, but aren't on the cache page as a spoiler.