Get Your Geek On!

drneal

Geocoin forum, it's time to GET YOUR GEEK ON!

I was fortunate enough to win a cointest and geocoin from EyeD10T, based on this very theme. I have 1 “Home is Where the Cache Is”, Series 2 geocoin for the winner, and 4 "geekie" accessories ready and waiting for 4 nerdie runner ups (c'mon...you're geeks...you should be used to being number 2!)

The Rules (geeks love the rules :P !)

Share with us your geekiest moments and pictures (did you have a bug collection...did you eat your bug collection?), did you put a "kick me" sign on your own back just to save the other kids time (and do you still do that?), were you president of the chess club, did you dream of being president of the chess club, did you walk around with a pocket protector and glasses (really thick ones,) broken and taped in the middle, do you currently own over 2000 activated geocoins (uh, forget about that one :rolleyes: ,) then you qualify.

One entry per day, cointest beginning now and ending Star Date 65099.6, that's 11:21 (and 23 seconds) pm, EST (geeks also love numbers that aren't nicely rounded, and star trek...even Enterprise,) Saturday Aug 6, 2011.

I try to include a picture with all my cointests, so here you go...

IMG_0001_NEW_0001-5-1.jpg

So let's put on those white socks with your best black shoes, pull your pants up as high as you can, learn to snort when you laugh, let your inner nerd be heard, and GET YOUR GEEK ON!

firstdayofschoolp.jpg

Guess its going to have to be this pic. After my family moved to Cyprus from the UK I found out that local schools all have uniforms. This was my first day at the local school. Note the briefcase! Luckly this style or should I say lack of didnt last long but sadly long enough for there to be a photo :P

hmm.... I do not know if I a ma geek... but I am g( r )eek! :laughing:

Well... the friends who actually know me are calling me crazy collector! I collect.... hmmm.... it may be easy to say what I do not collect....

anyway.... I collect... coins, tokens, medals, banknotes, local currencies, old things (not ancient... they are illegal here), militaria things old or new that I can have legally... including badges, medals, buttons,dogtags, photos...., token pogs for military use in Iraq and Afghanistan, notgelds, fosils, petrified wood, even some strange rock that I may find...and some strange shaped wood or rutes from trees...

I even have some gold and silver postage stamps.... :D

but the geekest is probably that I collect bank things.... like the cloth or naylon bags for coins... the paper from rols, coin roll boxes......cheques, acocunt books... (the small ones for our acount....), leaflets for coins or banknotes that are out or they are commemoratives, and I have a small collection of tax stamps, lottery tickets (here in greece the lotery tickets like the national ticket, the State ticket etc are printed in the National bank printing company, so they look like banknotes) and.... coupons! Yes!!! coupons and gift certificates that you may find in magazines, supermarkets, or they are given to you... food coupons, etc! I am still missing at least a wooden nickel...hmm...

I like but still do not have coins that were changed... artistically... like the hobo nickels...

oh.... I almost forgot... I am also collecting phonecards! :D of course in the house there are some stamps from my mother's and my sister's collection....

I have some sea shells, I scorpion in acrylic.... a small collection of airplanes from Olympic airways and Sheycheles air... some collectables from coca cola, ferrari.... some beer bottles, an old beer bottle... things from the time my father was working as a jeweller (tools...), 2-3 old keys..., and I am keeping some of my militaria toys from my childhood plus my first car as a child (still in great condition... I was a good boy!) and in my mother's island you can see my first bicycle... a jambo airplane picycle of Olimpic airways! :D

and... I am collecting geocoins, wooden nickels, pathtags, signature items etc....

Oh boy.... I am a GREEK GEEK!!!!!

edit just to mention... that I am almost dure that I haven't mention things... but I am forgeting them right now! :laughing:

Edited by GATOULIS

Well drneal I think you may have to vote yourself the winner, since I'm not sure anyone can top that photo! But I do have one to add. I recently got this "torture device" as I've dubbed it, which is designed to stretch my frozen shoulder. I have to use it for 30" three times a day now. But being a geek, I decided to accessorize it as only a geek might think to do, with a colander helmet, to keep the evil radio messages from getting into my head while I'm confined in the torture device...

c89327e1-8abf-490c-9c55-f2f748abc898.jpg

Ok deep breath...Here's goes. This is my first time.....(nope that for that ;))

My name is Beverly and I'm a geek. No there is no 12 step program that will be of any benefit and I will resist ALL attempts in that direction. I am only posting because I was told I have to do it. No that is a lie. Right now I can't move around this room and need something bigger. That isn't a lie. This is what makes me a geek. I love to build computers. The software is of no interest to me, it's the building and getting it to work I like.

Why do I need something bigger? That's because I have literally thousands of computer parts in this room and throughout my house. I have built hundreds of computers and tore apart as many. I roam computer shows for my treasures. A lot of the treasures are out of date but it is still fun to get them to work again. Simms, motherboards, power supplies, video cards, sound cards, cases you name it I have them.

I bet you never knew that! Or maybe you did suspect and didn't want to point out my geekiness. Well I just admitted it to the coiner world so I guess it is only time before the word leaks out. I will be strong enough by then though to accept it. One thing for sure though is that I will not be able to get rid of my thick glasses. They will be with me forever. Maybe for my next post I will have to find a picture. Nope it will never be as good as Neal's but will be laughable I'm sure.

Now back to my computers........

am I a geek if I love reading???

I have 2 libraries full of books leaflets, magazines that are collectable for their info (like national geographic) etc... and not only in greek! ok, they are not huge libraries... but I have books in boxes too!

I probably have more than 2000 or 2500 books.... and I have read them all!!! Am I geek?? :laughing:

Ok... most of them are history books or for my collections... info etc... but... I also have other themed books......like literature...

when my sister got married and left the house, she took almost all of her books.... but later I received many books from a library of a man who died and his wife and his children didn't like them!!! I saved them from the garbadge.. and we are talking about good books!!!! Now they have a special place in my libraries! :laughing:

I have way too many geeky moments to list them all, so I will start with my most recent. On July 9th I attended RCGDS & Saxman's Smooth Jazz Concert, Zipline BBQ. It was a very good event with lots of entertainment. There was a caching game set up like a poker run and some of the spots had instant prizes. Here is a shot of my prize that I won. I walked around the event for over an hour donning the geeky.

b19df6a9-13a4-4cce-919d-5956711a22f3.jpg

It was a big red nose with a pair of big thick coke bottle glasses. I have always embraced my geeky side. It doesn't show itself too much anymore, but when it does, it's usually pretty good.

Thanks for the cointest.

hahahahaha I told you.... I probably had forgoten to post other things I am collecting..... I remembered one... and am I asure I am still missing others... hahahahaha

anyway... I love collecting odd currency! What is that? Things that were used for currency, like the cowry sea shels or the trade beads in africa.... or some strange stuff in asia etc...

Right now I have some cowry sea sells (they are seperated into 3 varietes..... the normal, the ones with a yellow line on them and the ones that the top is cut out by the africans...), some Olivae family sea shells that were used as currency too, and I hope that I will have a trade bead from africa soon! Others are not easy to find here...

trade beads have varietes too and I think the most expensive ones are the murano glass multi colored beads! :)

If you search a little you will find some amazing things that were used for currency.... like the huge round stones with the hole in the middle in Yap island, the canoe money and the tiger tonges in Laos (canoe shaped bars made out of bronze and the tiger tonges are silver ones!), bullet (like) money from thailand, miniature canons in malaysia... I think...

ruster shaped things... even feathers.... (in some places they used in the ancient times... human sculls... but I will pass that!)

I forgot to mention that.... even if today people are useing coins and banknotes... there are places that these odd money are still in use as part of tradition or spiritual celebrations... etc...

Also there are temple tokens, church tokens that I collect...challenge coins... (I have 2! :) )

Edited by GATOULIS

Mulder & Scully

05a402b3-f6b8-4c05-9d07-344cbc6c17d5.jpg

My wife and I at her work conference a few years back... we choose to go as Mulder and Scully (we both had trench coats and big mag-lights) as the theme for the conference dinner was TV Series... so we went as Mulder and Scully as we were big X-Files fans... :)

I even spent many hours making FBI name tags, and we had FBI ID's too.

I think next time it is that theme we will go a Leonard and Penny!? :laughing:

Edited by keewee

Well thankfully I have no pictures but I have to say that once a geek...always a geek! I started in junior high school. I was THAT girl with the mouth apparatus as before I got my braces on I had to wear this metal stretching device for 14 hours a day.

I've always loved science and math. In university I completed my BSC. in Palaeontology (with high honous, of course) and later on computers interested me as well as any little electronic gadgets (like GPS's, lol)

When I find an interest in something, I do not just do it...I LIVE it! I study the topic to death! Then when I know 'everything':rolleyes: I move on!

ok, here we go.

1. I have a degree in Physics, specializing in Astronomy

2. I can tell you just anything you'd want to know about the US-USSR space race from 1957-1970 (Sorry, Russian shuttle that never ran a mission doesn't count)

3. I have a masters in education, currently working on a second one in Math...just because I want to.

4. I'm a math teacher

5. I have way the entire DVD series of Voltron. Both of them, Lions and Vehicles

6. I quote movies for fun.

7. I playtested videogames for Nintendo when I lived in Seattle.

8. I had a Commodore 64....with a datacassette.

9. I have the 5 boxed sets of the ORIGINAL Dungeons and Dragons.

Geeky enough?

Hehehehehe......

I do not know if for that reasons I am a geek or addicted or whatever else....

but....

when I was playing warcraft 3 I was in the Pc for more than 10 hours per day every day! I finished all the game and the expansions quickly but afterthat... for some time I was talking like the caracters of the game... the funny quotes... like... Ready to work... More work???... hahahahaha oh... and when I was out... I was thinking that maybe behind a bush is an Ork or an undead waiting..... huh!!! I am ok now... do not worry! :laughing:

on the other hand.... while I was a guard...I met an other surelly geek.... he knew all the saying of the world of Warcraft... and he was saying them loud.... what is the funny in that??? Well... we were guarding a room with mediecal things... like weapons and slave chains... tourists were passing and they were hearing him speaking about slauterings, deamons etc.... I still remember an old women turning her face with fear looking at him and then quickly left the room!

:laughing:

except that... I know many things about Ottoman coins, banknotes and generally about numismatics...history..

when I was still new in Ebay's coin forums... they thought that I didn't exist... and someone was making fun.... someone actually said that I was a history class that was entering under my name... Ok, they were kiding me.. and I told them who I am and that... I was not working at that time... (this socked them a little...in their countries... things would had been different especially in numismatics...)

they were also calling me... Nikopedia or N.I.K.O.S that meant.... Numismatic International Knowledge Operation System... or something like that!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: hmm... is that a sign that I am a geek?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think I totally qualify for this cointest...lol. I'll start with the fact 3 of our dogs are named after very geeky movies/TV shows. The 4th is just corny and dorky.

"Luke" and "Leia" are twin black tri shelties and are from our Star Wars litter (the litter had 4 puppies: Luke, Leia, Chewy and Han)

"Luke's" full name is Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN (the name of the first movie.. or 4th if you want to go in the new order) I really wanted to name him "Vader" full name Canami Sorella's The Dark Side, but he's just too soft to be a Vader. He's way more a Luke. Maybe I'll have another one someday that will fit that name :D

"Leia's" full name is Sorella's Rebel Princess. She's a princess, she's a bit crazy, and she's quite outspoke. She's definately a Leia.

"Kaylee" our Aussie's full name is U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity. Kaylee is the name of the female mechanic on the show Firefly. The ship's name on the show is Serenity. She loves and takes care of the ship like it's a living, breathing being so "Protector of Serenity" seemed fitting! She's just like Kaylee on the show too.. very very smart, but not so street smart, kinda goofy, and very pretty! :D

And our 4th dog is just a dorky, Corny name in and of itself..

She was born on 1-23-04 so she's an Aquarius. Thus Her name is "Dawn", Full name is U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius RE CD AXJ OA NF CGC/TDI .. get it.. the Dawning of the age of aqaurius. Yeah. I know. Corny. :D

Actually the fact that my dogs have more letters after their names then I do also makes me quite the geek. But heck, I like being a geek. :D I have a bumper sticker on my car that says "Who Says I Have To Be Normal"

Edited by sheltiedogshowlover

ok.... Sorry I can not post a photo to see... but I can not! :(

anyway... Here is an other strange thing I had... and maybe it was a geek sign!

From very early I had a moustache! when all the other kids were still hairless.. I started having a tiny beard and moustache... and hair on my chest... at first they were not big... but the other kids sometines were calling me bear! huh!

anyway... I got shaved for the first time... when I was about 15 or 16 years old... if I remember well, but I kept the moustache!!! It was untouched!!! of course it was not a tiny one any more... and I looked older!!! When I was in the army...I kept my moustache (it was allowed) but I looked like Asterix!!!! I was actually eating my moustache!!!

I looked so strange compearing to all the others!!!! You can not imagine how many times others (including officers) thought that I was an officer too... hahahahaha

I kept it like that until 14th of February of 1998 or 99.... I was unshaved with a big beard and I was playing volleyball with my team in the local championship! It was the last game and we ended in an excellent possision (medal possision but we never got any medals...)! we were happy and we were going out to celebrate! the women's team was there too... and some were going to come with us! hehehe!! anyway... I left quickly with a friend so we go to our homes, take a shower etc and come back to the stadium.... there was an other game we wanted to see and.. then we would go to celebrate! I was in a hurry... and I didn't realized that I had accidently cuthalf of my moustache!!! I was desperate but I had to finish the job now!!!

Guys... I didn't even want to go out!!! I couldn't recognise myself!!! I was feeling so strange!!! I couldn't even remember my self without a moustache so... I was seeing someone else in the mirror!!!

My friend came and waited me and I didn't want to go...

after some hours... I went but I had my jacket tide up to hide my moustache! When my friend saw me he was socked!!! I looked at least 10 years younger!!! the funny is that I entered in the stadium... I passed infront of my team mates, my coach and the womens team and none recognized me!!!! I had to talk to them to identify who I was!!!! I think that this accident was quite good... for the women.... they liked me now much better! hahahaha! Witht he moustache... I was like the greeks back in 1821!!! :D

from that time I can not leave a moustache anymore... but for many years... and especially my school years.. I probably looked like a geek!!! huh!

PS... imagine how my moustache was in the last year of school... that in the carnival we have.. I made it like the moustache of Salvador Dali!! Oh yes!!!!!

Is it slightly geeky to own 335 VHS tapes with gymnastics competitions, catalogued down to the level that includes details about each gymnast/routine on each tape? I might have had too little to do in my youth... I can't post a photo, as the video collection covers a whole wall in my childhood home. No space in our apartment! Thanks heaven that no one ever dared to approach the basement where I would sit enthusiastically in the dark with all my video tapes, all my lists, 2 VCRs for copying, etc! ... or is it more geeky to think about getting a video converter card to move this entire collection onto a longer lasting media?

well, my wife keeps me around when she goes shopping as i am her calculator.

hey ash, if this dress is 50 dollars, and it's 30% off, and on clearance for 40% off more than that, how much will it cost me if I get the 10% for using the store credit card?

Give me about a minute and I can give her the answer. It scares the person at the counter when she asks me that before she hands them the stuff and I am right when it shows up on the register.

($18.90 before tax by the way)

Ok... after some deliberate editing. I think that I can now add this picture. I would like to explain that my friends and I were at a local store in Dayton when we were walking passed the childrens aisle. I caught a glimpse of the cape and said, "I wish that they made superman pajamas with capes for adults". That of course brought on a dare. They dared me that if they bought the superman pajamas that I couldn't stretch myself into them... and would not wear them back to the dorms. Guess who won? Not only did I wear them.... I rode in the back of a convertible doing the superhero pose :D That was a great night... lots of fun... and zero alcohol involved. Getting back out of the outfit was another story <_< And yes... I did sleep in them that night :laughing:

The End

c3d1fe2e-fd8a-4e4d-80f0-e653c06a35e0.jpg

There was once these little pink figures that were supposed to be little wrestlers...back in the 80's or 90's I don't remember what they were called, but I got a poster that had them all 200 or so, and I meticulously checked them off as I got them...never got them all I think i was missing four or so, but I would arrange them in battalion order, by their placement in the poster...holes and all.

Hmmm...so many choices.

1) I had a recipe box that I to carry around my Star Wars trading cards in school (still have the complete set of cards)

2) In jr high purchased a disctionary to assist in entering a word scramble contest (I think it was put on by Atari)

3) I was so proud of my Pitfall award patch

4) I belonged to a coin club with my dad

5) I went to metal detecting events (like caching events) with my family

6) I was president of the geology club in college and one of only 2 members of the geology honorary (an officer too, but I don't remember which one)

7) I held an "end of the series" party for the last episode of Star Trek, the Next Generation...complete with a Starfleet uniform cake

8) One of my prized possessions is a hammer engraved with my name

edit to add picture...

mine.jpg

All ready to enter a zinc mine...complete with safety glasses, hard hat and hand lense

Edited by DresselDragons

My Resume:

1. My dad taught me how to play chess when I was 6. How many 1st graders in the US can claim that?

2. My first real collection was Baseball and Basketball cards.

3. I soon moved onto minerals, crystals, and American Indian artifacts (my prized Indian possession is a tomahawk head that my uncle gave me).

4. I was on the Jr. High quiz bowl team in 5th grade.... because I knew a ton of random facts.

5. I played saxophone in high school marching band :sad: And we were awesome! One of the best bands in Ohio at the time.

6.One of my favorite games of all time.... Romance of the Three Kingdoms for Super Nintendo.

7. The only shows that can peak my interest any more are either on the History channel, Science channel, or original series on HBO (TrueBlood... Boardwalk Empire... Carnivale), Showtime (Dexter!), or Starz (Spartacus).

8. I collect geocoins.... does it really get any nerdier than that?

Am I geek that I have more than 7500 posts in the forums here... and this is not the only forum I am in?? I mean I am in 8-9 other forums... mostly for numismatics! In geocaching... I think the second greek has less than 300 posts.... so...

dressel dragons..... you were in a coin club?? WOW!!! :D that's cool! do you still collect coins? were you in banknotes too? :)

Oh.....Metal detecting!!!! one of my dreams!!! unfortunatelly here is illegal...I think.... so I can only spent hours watching videos of others... in other parts of the world... doing metal detecting and finding old coins.... or WWI & WWII relics! huh! I just want to feel the joy of finding something.... that maybe for others will be nothing but for my eyes will ba a treasure! :D

Mr F is one of the geekiest people I know. :wub: So I'll enter him in the competition!

He started playing chess aged 3 while watching his brother being taught by their dad. At 7 he was winning in junior tournies and was 2nd in the country (in his age group) at 13.

His maths teacher would ask him at the end of lessons if he had taught stuff right.

He was the only pupil at his school to ever have been banned from the school choir. :rolleyes:

At around 17 he looked so much like Rick Astley (yuck) that girls were queueing up asking him for his autograph. (I'll try to find the photo of him at the time and see if he'll let me put it here, then you'll see why that is geeky!)

He moved up a year in secondary school, and started at uni (Cambridge) a year early (president of the college Chess club, bridge club, ABBA soc and American football team - very geeky in the UK!) & went on to complete a Phd in Physics (material science) after we were married, from Surrey uni (while living in another county).

He wears shorts with boots and socks (I hide his sandals!) though he has to have his socks in pairs, and won't throw them away even when they have holes.

QI is one of his favourite TV shows and he watches it in order to point out the mistakes.

As for the rest of us..I am left-handed & wear glasses, I tried to learn the piano but only managed to play the right hand music with the left hand and vice versa. Our eldest daughter plays clarinet, violin and piano, and younger one came top at maths in her school. :o

myself (I'm wearing an orange Beaker shirt), my husband (D00101010) and two of our friends participating in a Wizard Magazine scavenger hunt! (the fact that we knew that wizard mag existed, plus the fact we knew about the scavenger hunt, and finally the fact that we did it is geeky enough!!)

Some of the things we had to find/make:

* a toy that wound up but didn't roll

* a drawing you made of Chuck Norris

* a movie poster using construction paper, macaroni, and glitter (we did snakes on a plane)

* a spork that was any color other then white or black (we got one from a local prison supply company.. it was orange)

* a reciept with the following items all on it: enema kit, rubber gloves, hot sauce, and vasoline

* a knock off toy depicting a famous character

* a pez despenser

* a photo of a sign board you changed the message on

* a valentine to a famous person

There were lots more but I can't remember them all..lol. We realized we had about 30 hours to find everything and got almost everything on the list.

The last thing on the list was a photo of your team hence this lovely shot of us. :-)

mjv11v.jpg

just a reminder that the cointest ends saturday night!

my first picture was from a halloween party in 1989 (the true geeks will point out that they weren't even born yet!)

IMG_0001_NEW_0001-5-1.jpg

I was too lazy to get a costume, and that's what I threw together. the next year, a good chunk of the people that had attended the '89 party paid tribute to the costume, perhaps making them even bigger geeks...

IMG_NEW-28-1.jpg

I went back upstairs and changed back into the '89 costume, so I could truly remain "king of the geeks!"

ILYK

edited to add we've not heard from any of the moderators yet...cmon, you're moderators...we already know!

Edited by drneal

Both me and our 9 year old son (Michael, aka rattusbaggus) are geeks. Both like Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr Who, and the list goes on.

About 4 months ago he was channel surfing and came across an episode of Dr Who... Ever since that one episode he has take every episode on and he and I sit down on a Sunday morning and watch them (while the better half is at work). Yep - we're geeks!

WEll... in that case I am a geek too! I like paranormal things, about ufo, chosts, scary stories, haunted houses or areas.... and the things about the NWO.... and the conspiracy... and how some sites or people are trying to connect things that are happening.... or they are trying to solve mysteries....I love documentariew about such things plus documentariew about profecies.. like what Nostadamus said... :D

I have some greek sites that I enter and I love entering and reading.... :laughing:

Hey have you heard about the UFO they found in the bottom of the sea... somewhere between Sweden and Finland??? :laughing:

I go to live showings of Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I bring props. I also have a first edition set of Star Trek the next generation trading cards, that I won by entering a drawing of the star trek fan club back in college.

I can also program in BASIC.

We stumbled upon a live Rocky Horror picture show on our honeymoon at the movie theater in Universal Studios! Who would have thunk? We had a couple of days in florida after our cruise.. one day we went to Kennedy space center (since D00101010's dad is an actual Rocket Scientist)n then We bought a bar and movie pass for $15 on the city walk and a local troup was hosting the movie in the theater complete with prop bags you could buy for $2. It was fantastic!

Wow.. that response could have been an entry in and of itself...lol.

Both me and our 9 year old son (Michael, aka rattusbaggus) are geeks. Both like Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr Who, and the list goes on.

About 4 months ago he was channel surfing and came across an episode of Dr Who... Ever since that one episode he has take every episode on and he and I sit down on a Sunday morning and watch them (while the better half is at work). Yep - we're geeks!

My husband has not one, not two, but three sonic screwdrivers.. yes.. and he carries them with him to formal events, including our wedding. There's a picture ( I can't locate right now) of all of the best men with their own (except my brother who borrowed one) sonic screw drivers trying to open a door on the outside of boldt castle in the thousand islands after our wedding.

Again... a response that could be it's own entry.. sigh..

WEll... in that case I am a geek too! I like paranormal things, about ufo, chosts, scary stories, haunted houses or areas.... and the things about the NWO.... and the conspiracy... and how some sites or people are trying to connect things that are happening.... or they are trying to solve mysteries....I love documentariew about such things plus documentariew about profecies.. like what Nostadamus said... :D

I have some greek sites that I enter and I love entering and reading.... :laughing:

Hey have you heard about the UFO they found in the bottom of the sea... somewhere between Sweden and Finland??? :laughing:

Nikos... check out HAARP... it will blow your mind. :ph34r:

Yes!!! I know!!! :laughing: Some blogs had posts when the Earthquacke in Japan happent that Haarp was responsible.. and they were giving explanations too....

here many are talking about the airplanes that they are passing... filling the air with the white smoke lines....

they say we are being sprayed! I do not know....

of course when we see many of these lines on the air... spreading.... the next day is a raining day... no matter if it is summer! who knows!!

Ok... time for my today's post of geek!

Beeing different from the others... makes you a geek... even if you are still following things that used to be good in the old times... makes you a geek! that is because people have changed so much!!!!

nowdays... if you are dignity, if you are honest, if you are romantic... you are more or less different... and maybe some will call you a geek...

sometimes... these people feel like alliens! especially with all the things they are hearing.... or when they see the surprise in the eyes of the others.. when they are asking.... WOW... you seem to be a nice and loving family!!!

we faced that many times!!! I am wondering what they are expecting to see!!! huh!

Well... if all that and the romance in our lives.... will make us geeks... then I admit that I am an uncured geek!! :laughing:

Yes!!! I know!!! :laughing: Some blogs had posts when the Earthquacke in Japan happent that Haarp was responsible.. and they were giving explanations too....

here many are talking about the airplanes that they are passing... filling the air with the white smoke lines....

they say we are being sprayed! I do not know....

of course when we see many of these lines on the air... spreading.... the next day is a raining day... no matter if it is summer! who knows!!

Supposedly the white streams are supposed to protect us from biological warfare? Who knows.... :unsure:

OK - todays proof of geekiness is... Big Bang Theory!!!! We are devout watchers and we have the first 3 seasons on DVD (I wish they would HURRY UP and release the 4th season here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

We all watch it, including Michael. The scary thing is... I actually understand a decent amount of what Sheldon and Leonard talk about! :o

When I in the earlier years of High School I use to buy New Scientist (no mean feat for a 13/14 year old boy on the other side of the world!) and read with great interest all the articles on String Theory, Black Holes, and all sorts of Quantum Physics. I was particularly interested in the experiments with plasmas and trying to stablise them to use for fusion. But... I am a geologist at heart... the physics was more of a something that fascinated me. :) (GEEEEEEEEKKKK!!!!!!!)

(Even my son calls me one! :laughing:)

Okay... geek for life here...

My first geeky experience? I played Pong. Then, when REAL video games came out I had a table-top Pac-Man (Coleco - I still have it!) that I figured out the pattern to so I could win again and again. Then, I would turn in my parent's Pepsi bottles for quarters to get Sweet-Tart candy and play Mrs. Pac Man at the corner 7-11. I used to make jokes for my friends in Basic (on my Tandy 1000)... In High school I was in Drama, Choir, AND Marching Band. I was also a dancing California Raisin. I play video games, LOVE Star Wars AND Star Trek, LOVE comic books! A few years back I played the Star Wars Galaxies online game and the hubs and I made money selling credits on Ebay! I even BREED geeks (my child made a hat out of Legos yesterday. For halloween I made costumes for my entire family to go as the Wizard of Oz... and I love geocaching! People that don't know me would NEVER know I am a geek in disguise :)

Geeky moment of the day:

So we bought a house 3 years ago.. and our guest bedroom we turned into a Nightmare Before Christmas room. There's zero's dog house painted as the head board and everyone in our lives knows that you can get us anything NBC to put in that room and we'd be happy. Walls are grey with purple curtains.. bed has orange sheets with a nightmare before christmas bed spread. My best friend made a lamp for the room with scenes from the movie on the shade.. There's art on the walls (sketches and real art from the artists), hooks that are very NBC style, toys of all sorts from the movie (especially if ZERO is involved!!) on shelves, and a few very tall Jack figures that line the wall on the floor.

But for real geeky look at our lives here's the tour:

Our living room- The from left to right.

First one has a box of records and a USB record player, wall of framed matted special edition star wars posters in minature, TV(with our atari, nintendo, playstation, xbox, and wii, and then our our giant book case of DVD's that have tons of vampire movies, B rated movies, 80's movies The muppet show, Donnie Darco, and movies we just love. On top of the book case is my lamb toy I got before I was even born that watches over the living room.

The next wall has artist renditions of my dogs, some very important dog show ribbons (that didn't get banished to the dog room.. yes we have a dog and dog/sheep collectible room.. it's also our laundry room lol) , a great dog art piece of an irish setter I got at an auction done by a famous artist for $15 (that my husband has always questioned since we don't have an irish setter but it's so pretty.. and it matches the room..lol) , a high back love seat that I also got from an auction for $5 with the blanket I crocheted in college , all my geocoins on a TV table in binders, and our guitar hero guitars that my husband hung on the wall with real guitar hooks.

Third wall has our couch and speakers with a hand puppet "Animal" on one and my grandma's metronome on the other. there's also a coat rack with our top hats (yes we both have top hats!)

Last wall has our printer copier scanner and a GIANT wall clock on our wood wall...

Yeah. We're geeks!

So, all my friends have decided that I am Leonard from the show Big Bang Theory. My wife would be one of the smart girls, and well, depending on which kids I have near me at the time this topic comes up during quiz bowl practice, most everyone else gets cast. Pretty amusing.

Now the really bad part.

I have in two boxes...somewhere in my attic the first 125 issues of Nintendo Power.

ALL of them. In plastic sleeves and on those magazine three hole punch slider attachments

I'm not sure why I still have them. I think it's probably because I haven't ever gotten to that box yet since my garage is still filled with boxes that we never unpacked and they take priority to the ones that got shoved in the attic.

Geeky moment of the day:

So we bought a house 3 years ago.. and our guest bedroom we turned into a Nightmare Before Christmas room. There's zero's dog house painted as the head board and everyone in our lives knows that you can get us anything NBC to put in that room and we'd be happy. Walls are grey with purple curtains.. bed has orange sheets with a nightmare before christmas bed spread. My best friend made a lamp for the room with scenes from the movie on the shade.. There's art on the walls (sketches and real art from the artists), hooks that are very NBC style, toys of all sorts from the movie (especially if ZERO is involved!!) on shelves, and a few very tall Jack figures that line the wall on the floor.

But for real geeky look at our lives here's the tour:

Our living room- The from left to right.

First one has a box of records and a USB record player, wall of framed matted special edition star wars posters in minature, TV(with our atari, nintendo, playstation, xbox, and wii, and then our our giant book case of DVD's that have tons of vampire movies, B rated movies, 80's movies The muppet show, Donnie Darco, and movies we just love. On top of the book case is my lamb toy I got before I was even born that watches over the living room.

The next wall has artist renditions of my dogs, some very important dog show ribbons (that didn't get banished to the dog room.. yes we have a dog and dog/sheep collectible room.. it's also our laundry room lol) , a great dog art piece of an irish setter I got at an auction done by a famous artist for $15 (that my husband has always questioned since we don't have an irish setter but it's so pretty.. and it matches the room..lol) , a high back love seat that I also got from an auction for $5 with the blanket I crocheted in college , all my geocoins on a TV table in binders, and our guitar hero guitars that my husband hung on the wall with real guitar hooks.

Third wall has our couch and speakers with a hand puppet "Animal" on one and my grandma's metronome on the other. there's also a coat rack with our top hats (yes we both have top hats!)

Last wall has our printer copier scanner and a GIANT wall clock on our wood wall...

Yeah. We're geeks!

Could you please post a picture of that bedroom! My wife and I would love to see that :D

Computer error...

GEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laughing:

Hahaha!!! :laughing: ....something went terribly wrong when I tried to post, not an intentional entry. I'd be the better kinda geek if I did NOT have the computer error haha.

I'm gonna try to post my original again...

Aahhh a cointest screaming to me and close to my heart. I've missed so much and may miss posting in the next two days...so here we go...

Hahaha where do I begin....

-Glasses. Apparently as a child I enjoyed wearing glasses w/ lenses the size of my cheeks.

IMAG3026-1.jpg

IMAG3025-1.jpg

-Sport Goggles..... NOT flattering and not comfortable....

IMAG3019.jpg

- A proud soccer moment......

In high school, teams would dress up the day of a game for spirit/luck. One of our soccer championship games we went this this......

IMAG3024.jpg

Somewhat quailman esq. We wore decorated tablecloth capes with our numbers on the back, belts on our heads and lab goggles over our eyes. Of course we made the yearbook :)

-I'm in love with stationary supplies. My favorite aisle in stores.

-I provided my classmates with more pens and gum than any store. I always had a pencil, eraser, and pen on hand in school, plus at least 5 extras of each in my bookbag, just in case.

IMAG3011.jpg

I'm almost 27 years old.....

-This is my purse

IMAG3007.jpg

-Welcome to my room

IMG_3187.jpg

-Recently one of the ten pens in my hello kitty purse stabbed through. As I walked all day around kohls, my purse was swinging back and forth, writing all over my shorts. All day I walked around like this...

IMAG2684.jpg

(No the pen did not rip my shorts, that was already a part of the outfit haha)

-Braces....colors, colors, and more colors. Why would I want to bring attention to that metal?

-Lisa Frank, Slap Bracelets, JELLIES!!! (Sandals)

-Shoulder Pads.

-I played the Xylophone in an elementary school presentation.

-I played the recorder in elementary school and joined an after school recorder group. We had 5 members. We played at a high school presentation and our instructor named us the "Tiny Tooters" in the program booklet.

Thank you for the cointest fun drneal!!!! :)