For the Love of it All - MISSION

MoonCatKDT & Peanut

So I noticed (in hosting my own mission) that some folks have a seeking list but don't have a "I have these coins" list. That was tough being the middle man for the mission trying to figure out if they had coins that people were trying to get for them or not..

So since I'm just a humble particpant in this one.. if you have a "I have these coins" list that is very helpful for folks trying to get you a coin for you passion! If you have too many coins to list, then maybe coins that are related to the theme you submitted that you already own could be listed. :-)

(my list is part of my profile and listed in my sig)

Thanks! Can't wait to figure out what coin and other items to get for my person since this really is a new topic for me! ( I love the research! should be fun. Just have to make sure the coins I'm looking at are not already owned!)

I agree with you there, as this is my first mission I checked out as much as could including whatever lists my person had. They had both a trading list and a seeking list but no idea as to what they have in their collection. Because I have so few geocoins it was easier to put photos of the coins I have total :P But I can understand how difficult it may be for a long time collector to do this as they may have a huge amount.

http://www.beeswax.ee/pages/english/handicrafts/geocoins.php

I noticed people's list early on so i created my own when i first started out. Not only to let people know what i had and wanted but to keep track of what i already have and what i wanted. I find at times i look at my want list and can't remember what some of the coins look like or why i wanted them. Then i go and look them up to remember why.

Since I'm somewhat new to Geocaching, I don't have any coins or travel bugs yet. Whatever I get in this mission will be my first ones!

So how are you fulfilling the mission requirements? You need to have a coin or 2 to send to the person you get for the mission. Thats part of the whole mission here is the trading of coins.

If you don't have any to send on the mission you'll need to order a couple now so you can get them into the package your sending out.

Edited by mpilchfamily

Since I'm somewhat new to Geocaching, I don't have any coins or travel bugs yet. Whatever I get in this mission will be my first ones!

So how are you fulfilling the mission requirements? You need to have a coin or 2 to send to the person you get for the mission. Thats part of the whole mission here is the trading of coins.

If you don't have any to send on the mission you'll need to order a couple now so you can get them into the package your sending out.

email sent.

I am aware of that and have my coin (to send) in hand. Thanks so much for helping out a newbie.

Signed up: July 22, 2011

Name received: Aug 13, 2011

Mission Sent:

Mission Received: Aug 29, 2011

First package to arrive!

All i can say is WOW! Ok maybe i can say more. :anibad:

This covered everything. Many items that both the kids and the Wife love. My son (7) loves the coins and is being generous enough to let his sister (3) have the caching easter bunny coin. My wife will love the Photography mag, post-its, and especially the maple syrup (so will the kids). She also loves card tricks though her hands are too small to try and do most of them. Just a bunch of great items. Not pictured is a large bag of M&Ms. This is for 2 reasons. 1) so the kids don't see them. 2) and most important my son is very allergic to Peanuts. All M&M candies have a may contain peanut warning on them which is enough to cause problems for him so we avoid them.

package.jpg

The Hurricane kind of delayed the shipment of my package. Everyone and everything is fine. We where far enough west that we had no damage and the power only flickered. My wife was suppose to ship it today but didn't get around to it. She assures me it will go out tomorrow.

Edited by mpilchfamily

I'm sorry that I might take a bit longer then planned to get my package out... I had to have surgery (unexpectatly) on Friday.. and I started a new job Monday...

I really wanted to do some research on the "love" part of of this mission and I hope that the reciepent will be patient and appreciate the fact that I had a stupid surgery and the fact that I really want to make this mission special (through research..)

I don't think its a problem, things happen that delay us a bit. Those of us that had time to post did and those that didn't will get to it as soon as they can. We are all still having fun and the suspense of not knowing when a package will arrive keeps us going :P

Edited by jpbarr

Trying to post a picture.....

To post a picture you first need to upload the picture to somewhere on the web. Could be to a defunct cache, one of your trackables, or to a photo storage website. Then click on the little picture icon in the message editing task bar (it is the one between the grey icon that looks like a linked chain with a green circle by it), and the envelope icon.

Click that icon and it prompts you for the URL (web address) of your picture. All you need to do is enter it into that box (copy and paste) and you are away. Note that the URL needs to contain everything from the http:// right through to the complete file name of the image. For example http://www.notarealsite.com/images/mypic.jpg

ETA - Ah - I see between starting to write this and actually posting it that you have successfully added the picture :)

Edited by keewee

Signed up: July 22, 2011

Name received: Aug. 13, 2011

Mission sent: Sept. 2, 2011

Mission received:

So glad to get it sent! I have had it ready for a week but not been able to get to the post office -- too busy getting the kitchen cabinets out before the electrician came and doing all the other things that go along with a kitchen remodeling. We haven't even had a chance to go geocaching and several new ones have been placed nearby. I hope my geopal has a little bit of fun with what he/she gets ...

1st mission

Signed up: I forgot, sometime in July

Name received: 8-13-11

Mission Sent: 9-9-11

Mission Received:8-30-11

2nd mission

Signed up: I forgot, sometime in July

Name received: 8-13-11

Mission Sent: 9-9-11

Mission Received:

Now the fun starts!

1st mission pix. Thanks MaineGuy. I haven't actually seen the contents yet, I am on vacation in Oregon and my son e-mailed these photos.

_DSC9316.jpg

_DSC9311.jpg

Edited by Team Luvbassn

Ok everyone! I am going to be super duper busy in the next two weeks (especially next week). My two packages are going out tomorrow and here is a list of those who have still to send out their package. No rush but I just want to be sure no one has forgotten about this)

Southern_Angel

Keewee

Greenish (2)

Sheltiedowshowlover

MoonCat & KDT (2)

Edited by MoonCat & KDT

OK i am NOT impressed right now.

I purchased a few coins for the missions that I was sending out, and when they arrived, I put them on the shelf so I didn't lose them or stick them in with the rest of my coins. Then, the dearly beloved KDT decided to clean the living room and all of a sudden the coins are gone! and he can't tell me where they are because he doesn't remember where he put them!!!!

ARRRRGGGGGHHHH <_<

So either the receipients will have to wait until new coins come to me in the mail or i'll just have to choose a few coins from my collection to send out (that unfortunately will not go with the theme of the mission <_<

OK i am NOT impressed right now.

I purchased a few coins for the missions that I was sending out, and when they arrived, I put them on the shelf so I didn't lose them or stick them in with the rest of my coins. Then, the dearly beloved KDT decided to clean the living room and all of a sudden the coins are gone! and he can't tell me where they are because he doesn't remember where he put them!!!!

ARRRRGGGGGHHHH <_<

So either the receipients will have to wait until new coins come to me in the mail or i'll just have to choose a few coins from my collection to send out (that unfortunately will not go with the theme of the mission <_<

That's the problem when men try to clean something :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I feel shockingly awful having to say this, but I haven't sent my missions yet. I have them all packaged up, but must have stupidly deleted my email from MoonKat telling me who I have and their addresses. MoonKat, is there anyway you could resend please, and I will post the packages straight away.

Sorry :(

So, I just got back from taking my son to kindergarden and as I opened my front door I was surpised to see a piece of paper in my post box. Surprised because the mail doesnt normally comethins early. A parcel notice from the post office! Ok coffee can wait, and off I zoomed to the center of the village. A nice sized parcel was Waiting for me :)

img342w.jpgimg343k.jpg

I will post more photo's once have torn the paper off all these neatly wrapped gifts :P

What nice box of gifts.

img344x.jpgimg345d.jpg

We have a bag from space coast cachers, a large bison tube with log (that will be put to good use), a pack of coin flips (always handy), a cool star wars jigsaw (for when its -20 outside :P ), a great scifi book ( I read this book back when I was in high school as my mother has it and it is just in time as I fly out to the UK next week and was wondering what to read on the plane, problem solved :) ) 2 great toys that my son snapped up very quickly (thanks for thinking of him) and of course the all important Geocoin. An E.T. Highway geocoin, nice one thanks. I dont have that one....well, I do now :)

And a trackable that will be taken to an event this weekend and then sent on its way.

Thanks for the great things, this has been a lot of fun. Bring on the next one :)

img349ha.jpg

The package I sent should've already made it to its destination. My husband dropped it off at the post office last friday and got a tracking number for it. I just looked it up and it looks like they have missent it somewhere and its back at the post office where it was yesterday. I hope I didn't write down the address wrong. Maybe its the post office fault and they will get it straighten out.

The package I sent should've already made it to its destination. My husband dropped it off at the post office last friday and got a tracking number for it. I just looked it up and it looks like they have missent it somewhere and its back at the post office where it was yesterday. I hope I didn't write down the address wrong. Maybe its the post office fault and they will get it straighten out.

It arrived today. Maine Guy will be up after school tomorrow and will open it then.I will post pictures then.

Maine Family

Signed up: 24 July, 2011

Name received: 8/13/11

Mission Sent: 8/25/11

Mission Received:

Maine Guy-6 year old grandson of Maine Family

Mission Received: I took Maine Guy's mission down with me when I went to pick him up. He is in heaven. He is going fishing tomorrow so he can measure his fish with his new fish ruler. He loves the Georgia Sportsman magazine it has different hings that the Maine one. He got an Animal Planet book with lots of animals and as soon as I finish this we are going to make chicks he found in the book. He loves the cars, the stickers, the coins, the bird he has been wanting so bad, a truck just like Nana's, the two cent coin. He loves it all. Thank you Southern Angel, you sure knew what Maine Guy likes.

3dd58d84-f1cc-46b3-8517-ebd57eb593c4.jpg

Maine Family

Mission Received:

Maine Guy-6 year old grandson of Maine Family

Mission Received: I took Maine Guy's mission down with me when I went to pick him up. He is in heaven. He is going fishing tomorrow so he can measure his fish with his new fish ruler. He loves the Georgia Sportsman magazine it has different hings that the Maine one. He got an Animal Planet book with lots of animals and as soon as I finish this we are going to make chicks he found in the book. He loves the cars, the stickers, the coins, the bird he has been wanting so bad, a truck just like Nana's, the two cent coin. He loves it all. Thank you Southern Angel, you sure knew what Maine Guy likes.

3dd58d84-f1cc-46b3-8517-ebd57eb593c4.jpg

I'm glad I made the lil man happy. I was kinda worried. Tell him I hope he gets a big one when he goes fishing. :D