For the Love of it All - MISSION

MoonCatKDT & Peanut

With some of the missions winding down, I thought this would be the best time to get my mission in there before it becomes too late and I’m swamped with wedding planning.

As some of you may know, I am getting married to my wonderful fiancée, Kyle (known as KDT to the geocaching world) on September 24, 2011. This mission is my way of celebrating our special day with all of you. I do hope lots of you sign up as I’d love to learn more about all of you and your passions.

We all love something, passion is part of all of us. So what are you passionate about? Geocaching? Love itself? Movies? Your Dog/Cat/Rabbit/Bird? Your family? Chocolate? Travelling? Books? Shoes?

For this mission, we are going to focus on what we love, and learn to spread it to others. You will get a recipient name, and what they love and are passionate about. You will then build a mission around that. The coin does not have to match the mission, but hopefully it is something off their seeking list. Also, this is a mission for everyone, so if you have an issue sending internationally please let me know before hand so I can make arrangements. Be creative, and maybe you will find something new that you are passionate about in this.

Remember this doesn’t necessarily have to be an activity. You can be passionate about music, art, history, really anything. All of us have that one thing that pops up. For example, mine is currently our wedding. I am passionate about the planning and the process of making the start of our marriage as good as it can get.

THIS MISSION WILL INCLUDE:

1 unactivated regular size (non-MICRO) coin for the recipient

1 trackable to travel, either a coin or dog tags or some other traveller that is trackable on geocaching.com

Any items you wish to include that follow the theme of your recipient’s passion.

Please email me through my profile BEFORE August 12, 2011 with the following information

Geocaching ID:

Name:

Full Mailing Address:

What you Love and are Passionate About:

Location of Seeking List, or any coins you would like to receive:

International Shipping?:

Also please keep this thread updated with your progress including the following information

Signed up:

Name received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

Edited by Eartha

The sign-up period for this one is a bit longer so everyone has a chance, even those on vacation etc :)

Thanks all for participating so far, I guess I better sign myself up :P

MISSION 1

Signed up: July 22, 2011

Name received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

MISSION 2

Signed up: July 22, 2011

Name received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

I am very passionate about love itself, family and weddings. Our wedding colours (if you couldn't tell from my original post) are orange and purple :)

Woo-Hoo!! Congrats to you both Mooncat and KTD. Sept. 24th is also mine and my husbands anniversary. We will be celebrating our 9th anniversary. I guess next year we need to have a "Anniversary and B-Days Mission" for that day lol. I will definitely participate in this mission :D I will send you the info in a bit.

I've been wondering about where to have a seeking list and would like to know do you have to pay anything for the cointracking website?

Edited by southern_angel

Woo-Hoo!! Congrats to you both Mooncat and KTD. Sept. 24th is also mine and my husbands anniversary. We will be celebrating our 9th anniversary. I guess next year we need to have a "Anniversary and B-Days Mission" for that day lol. I will definitely participate in this mission :D I will send you the info in a bit.

I've been wondering about where to have a seeking list and would like to know do you have to pay anything for the cointracking website?

I have not received anything yet, so if you have sent you might want to send it again :)

There are a couple of coin tracking sites where you can pay to have a list of coins your looking for and show what you have available for trade. Personally i just put together a google doc spread sheet that is linked in my sig. Doesn't cost anything and its easy to update as needed.

There are a couple of coin tracking sites where you can pay to have a list of coins your looking for and show what you have available for trade. Personally i just put together a google doc spread sheet that is linked in my sig. Doesn't cost anything and its easy to update as needed.

I use a free website hosting site and just made a website for myself which includes my wishlist, traders and seekers.

My passion is geocoins :laughing::laughing::laughing:

HAHA and nothing else? Wow! I wish I was you! KDT always complains i have too many passions so i'm always on the go with some new crazy project or activity :laughing:

I would love to participate this mission (no, geocoins are not my only passion :lol:) but we are on holiday when you send the names. So have fun with this great mission!

3 Days to go! Here is our list of participants so far:

sheltiedogshowlover

MoonCat & KDT (x2)

magkirk

mpilchfamily

Greenish (x2)

GemladyTN

Maine Family

Maine Guy

Team Luvbassn

Southern_angel

jpbarr

For all of you out there still waiting to join until the last minute- it is here!! Please email me the info listed above, I'd really really love to have as many participants as possible as this is going to be a fun mission to both send and receive.

sheltiedogshowlover

MoonCat & KDT (x2)

magkirk

mpilchfamily

Greenish (x2)

GemladyTN

Maine Family

Maine Guy

Team Luvbassn

Southern_angel

jpbarr

For all of you out there still waiting to join until the last minute- it is here!! Please email me the info listed above, I'd really really love to have as many participants as possible as this is going to be a fun mission to both send and receive.

Make mine a 2 mission mission if possible.

thanks

sheltiedogshowlover

MoonCat & KDT (x2)

magkirk

mpilchfamily

Greenish (x2)

GemladyTN

Maine Family

Maine Guy

Team Luvbassn

Southern_angel

jpbarr

Make mine a 2 mission mission if possible.

thanks

That can be done with out a problem :)

sheltiedogshowlover

MoonCat & KDT (x2)

magkirk

mpilchfamily

Greenish (x2)

GemladyTN

Maine Family

Maine Guy

Team Luvbassn (x2)

Southern_angel

jpbarr

If you have not yet signed up and you're waiting for the last minute, it is here!! Tomorrow evening (approx 36 hours from now) I will be sending out names. Just send me the information in the first post :)

Approx 24 hours to go!!

Putting together the box tonight and hope to have it in the mail tomorrow. I'm having some fun putting this together and have a couple of hand made items to go in the box.

The more i think about it the more i think i should have put something different as my passion. I'm passionate about so many things i probably should have left a long list. Guess i'll mention them here for whoever has my name.

Computers

Games

electronics

gadgets

geek culture in general

Doctor Who

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

wood working

metal working

building

knives

swords

tools

watches (heck any kind of unique time piece)

magnets

hiking

survival gear

So I noticed (in hosting my own mission) that some folks have a seeking list but don't have a "I have these coins" list. That was tough being the middle man for the mission trying to figure out if they had coins that people were trying to get for them or not..

So since I'm just a humble particpant in this one.. if you have a "I have these coins" list that is very helpful for folks trying to get you a coin for you passion! If you have too many coins to list, then maybe coins that are related to the theme you submitted that you already own could be listed. :-)

(my list is part of my profile and listed in my sig)

Thanks! Can't wait to figure out what coin and other items to get for my person since this really is a new topic for me! ( I love the research! should be fun. Just have to make sure the coins I'm looking at are not already owned!)

Edited by sheltiedogshowlover