SA Expats Abroad

cincol

I thought I would start a topic for those of us who are away from the SA geocaching scene but still follow it closely. Anything related to expats goes in this thread. Let's get it started with responses and posts about who is living where so we can see how many expats are lurking on the Forum. If you know of others who do not read the Forum feel free to post their whereabouts as well for the rest of us.

I live in Doha, the capital city of the State of Qatar. I have been here for 5 years now. My "base" in SA is Rustenburg. I visit SA on a regular basis - normally twice a year - with visits to Cape Town, PE and Pietermaritzburg to cache while visiting family.

Caches are very few and far between here in the Middle East and one tends to cache mainly whilst on holiday in other countries. I have placed a large number of caches due to there being few to find. EarthCaches are by far my favourites with Puzzles Caches on the other end of my list! :blink: Apologies to Besem! :ph34r:

Edited by cincol

There are quite a few SA expats on the Forum. I suppose they don't bother posting. How about just introducing yourself as an expat for the rest of the Forum readers to identify with. As a start -

cincol - Doha, Qatar

avanclan - Abu Dhabi, UAE

Carbon Hunter - ex Abu Dhabi - back in SA now KZN

cslyoda - ex South Australia - back in SA now Gauteng

Crystal Fairy - New Zealand

discombob - UK?

batsgonemad - Ireland

Let's add to the list.