Countdown to the Geolympix!

ea0e05fc-72e2-4590-bb9a-db8b00bbf15b.jpg

Exactly a year from the posting of this topic - 10am Sunday July 22nd 2012 - the GEOLYMPIX event will open in Oxford Town Hall, Oxford, UK. As the hub event for a Summer Festival of Caching in the area, it's being promoted as an International Celebration of Geocaching. Features include:

• Convenient central location
  • Historic venue and surroundings
  • Full programme of supporting events including CITO and Camping
  • Caching challenges, competitions and awards
  • GeoKid and GeoDog friendly
  • Sales stands and organisations
  • Geocoins, games, talks, debates and more
  • All profits to charity

Challenges will include:

• 26-mile, 5-ring caching route (being set by Lord of the Cachers, no less!)
  • Unique traffic-free cycle series
  • Boating and other Geolympix caches
  • 11 Icons in 11 Hours challenge
  • Complete your D/T Grid locally
  • Win the Cache of Dreams

The official launch party is being held on July 29th this year - a couple of days before the Welsh Mega, just 1.1 miles down the coast. The Geolympix team will be at both events to explain what we have in store for visitors. It'd be great to see you there and at the GEOLYMPIX itself!

Much more information at Geolympix.com

Follow Geolympix on Twitter: @Geolympix

c219e667-d921-49b5-a21e-39c43edabcd8.jpgcf61633c-fb8f-4c4b-9c9c-a018dd05d5eb.jpg

Geolympix : Be Outstanding in the Field!

Edited by Simply Paul

Agreeing with smstext on the parking prices, that alone puts me off, but here are a few other reasons

1. Oxford has little if anything to do with the Olympics

2. It should be during the Olympics not before as it will then attract more Geocachers who are visiting the UK to watch the Olympic.

3. There already is an established Event which is already fully organised for this weekend, and from what I understand many Cachers will be attending that and not this event.

I really think SP needs to place a little more thought into this event, it just sounds like a rushed idea, in one of those excited "Oh, I have a great idea" kind of ways.

Agreeing with smstext on the parking prices, that alone puts me off, but here are a few other reasons

1. Oxford has little if anything to do with the Olympics

2. It should be during the Olympics not before as it will then attract more Geocachers who are visiting the UK to watch the Olympic.

3. There already is an established Event which is already fully organised for this weekend, and from what I understand many Cachers will be attending that and not this event.

I really think SP needs to place a little more thought into this event, it just sounds like a rushed idea, in one of those excited "Oh, I have a great idea" kind of ways.

Parking is free in Oxford on Sundays. It's one of the reasons we picked a Sunday over a Saturday for the main event.

1) London was deemed inappropriate for the Geolympix but we will be having an event in the capital as a part of the programme. It's only an hour away and Oxford has its own charms. Home of the Four Minute Mile...

2) We decided to avoid holding the Geolympix festival while people may want to be watching the Olympics, either in person or on TV.

3) July and August are busy months for geocaching events. Since we were tied into a few dates thanks to the Olympics and school holidays there was always the chance of a clash. We hope a compromise can still be made regarding Piratemania V but if not, we believe there are enough cachers to go around.

3a) The Geolympix isn't 'just SP' - see who else is involved. I'm just the team member who's most visible.

3b) The Geolympix has been in development since August 2009 - far from rushed! :)

We're hoping that some of peoples' concerns about the Geolympix can be put to rest at Mega Wales in Swansea next weekend, where we're also having The Geolympix Launch Party. It would be great to see you there!

Hi All,

I am loving the idea of this event! Just a question, is there any news on the status of this event? So will it be a unique cache type with its own icon, featuring a Mega as a side event or is it to be listed as a mega?

Alex

Hi Alex. I'm glad it's tickling your fancy.

The current situation is this - We've spoken to Bryan at Groundspeak about the Geolympix concept as well as this event via Skype and email, and Jeremy is aware of our plans and aspirations. The feedback thus far has been it should be listed as a Mega and if we're able to outline just what makes an event qualify to be a 'Geolympix' (or other name for a new form of event) and how this is managed, it may be upgraded before or after it's held. We're currently working on a list of criteria for Groundspeak to define what makes a Geolympix 'special'. Ours should either be a Mega or an Ultra(?); if it's the latter we don't anticipate a Mega side event.

In other news, we've taken the decision to avoid fundraising until after the Welsh Mega. Anyone keen to support the event in the meantime is encouraged to visit Geolympix.com/Support and add links to the site to their emails, forum signatures and cache pages. Getting the word out to a wide audience - only a small fraction of cachers use the various caching forums - is our main concern at the moment.

To help us reach a wider international audience - a key intention - we want to add pages of basic information to the Geolympix web site in Welsh, Gaelic, French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Greek, Turkish, Russian, Hungarian, Czech, Catalan, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Arabic, Chinese (Putonghua/Guoyu/Huayu/Mandarin and Cantonese), Japanese, etc. If anyone can help please email me through my profile or contact the team via the site.

Thanks! :)

Any word on where the camping will be. I don't want to attend an event where the camping is miles and miles away from the event venue.

One of the great things about this weekends MegaPiratemania was it was all on the same site.

I know there have been many complaints at other events about the distance from the camping to the venue.

A

The current situation is this - We've spoken to Bryan at Groundspeak about the Geolympix concept as well as this event via Skype and email, and Jeremy is aware of our plans and aspirations. The feedback thus far has been it should be listed as a Mega and if we're able to outline just what makes an event qualify to be a 'Geolympix' (or other name for a new form of event) and how this is managed, it may be upgraded before or after it's held. We're currently working on a list of criteria for Groundspeak to define what makes a Geolympix 'special'. Ours should either be a Mega or an Ultra(?); if it's the latter we don't anticipate a Mega side event.

My understanding was that the proposal was declined by Groundspeak, have there been further developments?

My understanding was that the proposal was declined by Groundspeak, have there been further developments?
Yes :)

Re: Camping. We've a meeting with Oxford County Council in August to discuss our options. If the reaction at Mega Wales is encouraging we've the option of having South Park, within walking distance of Oxford Town Hall, as a camping and festival venue. Failing that (it might be too expensive to bring facilities in) there's a campsite just over a mile away from the Geolympix venue, within Oxford's ring-road. We'd need to do a site visit before saying if it's suitable for our needs though. Certainly we're keen to keep accommodation of all sorts (we also hope to get a bulk-booking rate on one of a few hotels) close to the city centre for visitors from outside the area.

I'm really looking forward to this event already!

There has been a terrific amount of research and work gone into this; it's not during the Oympics, precisely because people will want to be at the Olympics, at home watching the Olympics, volunteering etc etc!

Clearly every event will not suit all tastes; however, what's the point of naysayers coming here and criticising, if it is not your cup of tea, move on to something that is!

There are events every year that don't pique my interest, so I look for ones that do, rather than come here trying to pick holes in peoples hard work that is clearly popular with others :P

Well done SimplyPaul!

I'm really looking forward to this event already!

There has been a terrific amount of research and work gone into this; it's not during the Oympics, precisely because people will want to be at the Olympics, at home watching the Olympics, volunteering etc etc!

Clearly every event will not suit all tastes; however, what's the point of naysayers coming here and criticising, if it is not your cup of tea, move on to something that is!

There are events every year that don't pique my interest, so I look for ones that do, rather than come here trying to pick holes in peoples hard work that is clearly popular with others :P

Well done SimplyPaul!

Well said.

To help us reach a wider international audience - a key intention - we want to add pages of basic information to the Geolympix web site in Welsh, Gaelic, French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Greek, Turkish, Russian, Hungarian, Czech, Catalan, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Arabic, Chinese (Putonghua/Guoyu/Huayu/Mandarin and Cantonese), Japanese, etc. If anyone can help please email me through my profile or contact the team via the site.

Thanks! :)

Please contact me regards translation work. I would like to do translation work (German side)for you

Edited by speakers-corner

Thank you for the kind offer speakers-corner but we've German, Dutch and Russian covered so far. Still looking for help with the others though. Anyone know any Welsh-speaking forum users who'd be able to help?

August update: The event has now been offered up for review (we've taken well over 200 pre-registrations already and it's less than a year away) and The Geolympix website is being updated with photos from Mega Wales, links to local caches set in every month since January 2001 - for Caching Calendar fillers - a bit about Mega Piratemania and other news...

Our main news is there will be an 'international road-show' series of events counting down to the Geolympix. The first is GC30Y6J - Countdown to the Geolympix #11 - Oxford. This is being held in the venue where we first proposed the Geolympix concept to Jeremy Irish. September's event is being planned for Southampton, October will be in Berlin and November's set for New York. The Geolympix is intended to be an international event so needs to be promoted internationally. The good news is the trips aren't being paid for from Geolympix funds; they're being arranged around other travel plans. We intend to cover the length and breadth of the UK so anyone who didn't make it to our launch event or Mega Wales in Swansea last week can still get a freebie and some more information about the programme of events being put together.

2 cents.

To the detractors of Geolympix... Btw hate the x! "cs" would be much better... Go to MegaPirateMania. There ARE enough UK cachers to go around.

Maybe a side event of BOTH megas could be a Mega Vs Mega event somewhere in between?

If this event doesn't get a special icon, it will still go mega, so for those in the South it will be closer than the other mega events.

Good luck to Pirate Mania, Harrogate, Cartmel and the Geolympix... 4 in England lays down the gauntlet to the Celts I think... And so it should be, so they can up the bar!

Edited by NattyBooshka

Thank you for the kind offer speakers-corner but we've German, Dutch and Russian covered so far. Still looking for help with the others though. Anyone know any Welsh-speaking forum users who'd be able to help?

one of my team is Welsh speaking... But the Welsh speak English very well you know... They even have to take a GCSE in it.

At the risk of sounding non-pc, there are less non-English speaking Welsh people than there are non-English speaking Urdu speakers in the UK... Not to mention the rest of the world... So Welsh wouldn't be my blaenoriaeth (priority)

Edited by NattyBooshka
Harrogate - what's going on in Harrogate next year?
Harrogate is a new one on us too. Certainly we're very pleased with the response we've had to the Geolympix thus far and the fact the UK supported both its biggest Mega yet (as I understand the figures) and its newest within a few days of each other does suggest the UK's caching population is now big enough to support a variety of Megas. Three from 2012 almost seems too few... :laughing:

I take NattyBooshka's point about Welsh, but it's nice to be nice - certainly we'd like to get a French translation of the basic where/when/what/who/how info to add to the others. We'd include Urdu (I have a helpful Pakistani ex) but there are seemingly very few Asian cachers in the UK. :(

Harrogate - what's going on in Harrogate next year?
Harrogate is a new one on us too. Certainly we're very pleased with the response we've had to the Geolympix thus far and the fact the UK supported both its biggest Mega yet (as I understand the figures) and its newest within a few days of each other does suggest the UK's caching population is now big enough to support a variety of Megas. Three from 2012 almost seems too few... :laughing:

I take NattyBooshka's point about Welsh, but it's nice to be nice - certainly we'd like to get a French translation of the basic where/when/what/who/how info to add to the others. We'd include Urdu (I have a helpful Pakistani ex) but there are seemingly very few Asian cachers in the UK. :(

Harrogate seemed to be a harmless enough place... I'll change it to... Err... Petersfield. My point with slipping one in is that it could be done in theory. Thinking about it, I'd go to one in Petersfield... Lovely part of the world.

The Urdu thing, with accurate response, makes me wonder why this part of the population don't participate in sport over here. Maybe we don't reach them?

Looking forward to this - the ideas being mooted tick a lot of boxes regarding what we would want from a weekend Event.
Thanks Brat Pack. We're always keen to hear which other boxes can be ticked. The addition of the 'fill your Cache Year/Month Set grid' came from a comment we received. So if you've - or anyone else - has any suggestions, please let us know.

A reminder Bump for tonight's event in Oxford too: Countdown to the Geolympix #11 - Oxford, where we'll be talking about some of the new Geolympix features and unveiling details of the first Geolympix side event: GC32000 (not yet reviewed).

The Geolympix: Be Outstanding in the Field!

Latest Update:

The next Countdown to the Geolympix event will be in Berlin on September the 29th - location TBC. This replaces the Southampton meet due to transport issues for metal bijou. Don't worry, we'll get back to the south coast some other time between October and July next year.

The Geolympix website has been updated with, amongst other things, news of Geolympix T-shirts, baseball caps, mugs and bags - but most importantly - the lanyards which are due shortly.

lanyard-sml.jpg

Click for a larger image.

Ideal for hanging your GPS, PDA, mobile phone or compact camera from your neck to keep it safe but accessible, they'll also help turn the Geolympix Geocoins into unique wearable trackables!

Width: 20mm. Length: 450mm. Safety break: On the side to avoid 'neck-chaffing'. Connection: 'Mobile-phone' style loop. Construction: Durable Nylon with metal split-ring.

Prices:

£1 each, or

£10 for 11 (10 to sell on at £1 each plus one for your trouble), or

£100 for 111 (10 packs of 11 to sell on at £10 each, plus one for your trouble)

Another exciting development is an early draft of our Geolympix Geocoin design, which was unveiled on the site last night.

geolympixcoin-gold-front-sml.gifgeolympixcoin-gold-back-sml.gif

geolympixcoin-silver-front-sml.gifgeolympixcoin-silver-back-sml.gif

geolympixcoin-bronze-front-sml.gifgeolympixcoin-bronze-back-sml.gif

Click for a larger image.

The final design hasn't been confirmed - for example, the bronze finish may be too dark to use translucent enamel on it - but these should give an idea of the direction we've gone in. The Geolympix Geocoins will be available in a choice of Gold, Silver and Bronze finishes, all with a Geolympix icon and trackable on Geocaching.com. Features include a pre-drilled hole as a part of the design, meaning they can be worn as a 'wearable trackable' (perfect for use with a Geolympix Lanyard) and large, clear tracking number. A high-quality, hefty 6cm diameter coin - with a unique feature around the edge to be announced! Click on an image, above, to see a larger version of it.

The Geolympix: Be Outstanding in the Field!

Edited by Simply Paul

I keep looking at the logo... is the white one supposed to be a G as well? It doesn't look like one

Think about the olympic rings. I think that is what is being shown here. Instead of it being 3 up, 2 down they are all joined together.

NO! Really????

I get the concept... but the middle one doesn't look like a G to me.

I can confirm it is a G - you just have to look for it, like the arrow in the FedEx logo :)

There is a story behind the logo, beyond the obvious Olympic rings and Geocaching logo references. The five G's represent the continents, but also have C's within them, for Caching, and stand for Geocaching (the green one; GC.com's corporate colour), Global (blue one; blue planet), Geeks (let's not deny it. 57.4% of geeks prefer yellow) and... We're taking suggestions for orange. Good? Game? Gad? The central G stands for the Geolympix, linking and pulling all the elements together. There's a FedEx arrow in GEOLYMPIX too. For a game where you follow an arrow to 'hidden treasure' it seemed perfect :anicute:

97a779c3-8f5e-48fc-8cfb-1f100f3e294b.jpg

The Geolympix Lanyards are now in stock! Please note the clearer central G in the mono-colour version of the logo ;)

Ideal for hanging your GPS, PDA, mobile phone or compact camera from your neck to keep it safe but accessible, they'll also help turn the Geolympix Geocoins into wearable trackables. Practical, stylish and hard-wearing, they make excellent gifts, swap items (trading value: £1. Trade up or trade even!) and useful additions to any cacher's equipment list.

Width: 20mm. Length: 450mm. Safety break: On the side to avoid 'neck-chaffing'.

Connection: 'Mobile-phone' style loop. Construction: Durable Nylon with metal split-ring.

Updated prices (due to how they arrived packaged):

£1 each, or

£20 for 21 (20 to sell on at £1 each plus one for your trouble), or

£100 for 106 (5 packs of 21 to sell on at £20 each, plus one for your trouble)

In other news, GC33BY1 - Countdown to the Geolympix #10 - Berlin has been approved for Thursday September 29th at Restaurant Scheune, Eichkampstraße 155, 14055 Berlin. See you there? :)

CttG9-London will follow in October, being organised by goldpot in Greenwich. CttG8 is still expected to be in New York in November and CttG7 is being set-up by Dorsetgal in Poole for December. Geolympix T-shirts, hats etc will be available at all these events to help fund the Summer Festival of Caching we have planned. All profits to charity.

Stay tuned for more information! Following us on Twitter - @Geolympix - or visiting the Geolympix website will also keep you informed.

Edited by Simply Paul

GC32G52 - Countdown to the Geolympix #9 - London by goldpot is all set for 2pm-6pm on Saturday October 15th at The Cutty Sark Tavern in Greenwich, very close to the Prime Meridian. There will be freebies!

In other news, the Geolympix Geocoins have been put up for tender, planning for a GeoDog side event is in progress, a Caching Challenge series is in development and, to save confusion, we're considering renaming the Geolympix challenges (such as 11 Icons In 11 Hours and Fill Your D/T Grid) to Games. Or Adventures. Or..? (Suggestions welcomed!) :)

planning for a GeoDog side event is in progress,

Suggestion ....

A drag hunt.

No foxes will be harmed in this event; a human goes round a route dragging a sack of something smelly (do they use aniseed?). Later in the day, the drag hunt sets off, suitably staggered.

The course is also marked with fire tacks, so that it can be a permanent night cache, and therefore do-able by people unfortunate enuogh to lack a suitable dog. This will also help the drag hunters; acting aws a confirmation that they're on the right scent.

There is, of course a FTF prize, but also a prize for the best hunting costume. Dog owners must bring their own dog-treats; you can't put edibles in a cache.

97a779c3-8f5e-48fc-8cfb-1f100f3e294b.jpg

The Geolympix Lanyards are now in stock! Please note the clearer central G in the mono-colour version of the logo ;)

Ideal for hanging your GPS, PDA, mobile phone or compact camera from your neck to keep it safe but accessible, they'll also help turn the Geolympix Geocoins into wearable trackables. Practical, stylish and hard-wearing, they make excellent gifts, swap items (trading value: £1. Trade up or trade even!) and useful additions to any cacher's equipment list.

Width: 20mm. Length: 450mm. Safety break: On the side to avoid 'neck-chaffing'.

Connection: 'Mobile-phone' style loop. Construction: Durable Nylon with metal split-ring.

Updated prices (due to how they arrived packaged):

£1 each, or

£20 for 21 (20 to sell on at £1 each plus one for your trouble), or

£100 for 106 (5 packs of 21 to sell on at £20 each, plus one for your trouble)

In other news, GC33BY1 - Countdown to the Geolympix #10 - Berlin has been approved for Thursday September 29th at Restaurant Scheune, Eichkampstraße 155, 14055 Berlin. See you there? :)

CttG9-London will follow in October, being organised by goldpot in Greenwich. CttG8 is still expected to be in New York in November and CttG7 is being set-up by Dorsetgal in Poole for December. Geolympix T-shirts, hats etc will be available at all these events to help fund the Summer Festival of Caching we have planned. All profits to charity.

Stay tuned for more information! Following us on Twitter - @Geolympix - or visiting the Geolympix website will also keep you informed.

Dear God. I'm sure you're a lovely man but hang this round some beautiful buxom blonde's neck and I'm far more likely to buy it. Beardie model, I'm sure you agree. Still, thoroughly looking forward to the Geolympix :D

I'll get out my best Lily Savage outfit :laughing:
Boom Tish! Sorry I missed you yesterday Bob - I did warn folks I'd be arriving late at the event; you left shortly before I arrived. Don't worry, I'll keep your t-shirt and lanyards safe 'til next time. Thanks to everyone who bought one (or 21) at last night's do too; you're Helping Make Geolympix Dreams Come True

Louis Lovers, just for you, I'll see what I can do. I'm talented lucky enough to have a job involving glamorous ladies so 'watch this space' B)

Thanks for the ideas solly - Wendy (dorsetgal) is working on the doggy event too so I'll pass your thoughts on. Doggy treats are a must, naturally!

Glad you're liking the look of the Geolympix TheGoodNorth. We're working on ways to encourage cachers to mix with people from outside their own area so lots of new friendships get made, but organising a minibus from your neck of the woods and sharing costs with other local cachers sounds like a financially, socially and ecologically smart way to attend :)

Slightly confused, just looked at the website as had been told last weekend that there was a great camping event sorted where we all could park up and chill out and generally have some fun regardless if we wanted to see the inside of yet another town hall.

I also had been told that you had realised that there was a date issue and that you had changed the event so that people could easily attend the actual mega pirate event then drive to your event.

It's going to be one heck of a day to wake up in derbyshire and then get down to see the best bits of yours.

It's great that groudspeak have not only granted you your mega status but are sponsoring you too.

Slightly confused, just looked at the website as had been told last weekend that there was a great camping event sorted where we all could park up and chill out and generally have some fun regardless if we wanted to see the inside of yet another town hall.
Do you remember who told you that? A camping event is planned but the location and date are yet to be confirmed. As soon as they are, news of it will be posted here, naturally.
I also had been told that you had realised that there was a date issue and that you had changed the event so that people could easily attend the actual mega pirate event then drive to your event.

It's going to be one heck of a day to wake up in derbyshire and then get down to see the best bits of yours.

The date 'clash' with Piratemania has been known since August 2009. With the Geolympix needing to be during the school holidays but avoiding clashing with the Olympics themselves - for all sorts of good reasons - we were tied into one weekend. We hoped Piratemania might switch weekend but they chose not to; a choice we respect and aim to work around the best we're able. Piratemania is on the Saturday, the Geolympix is on the Sunday. They'll be very different events, attracting different cachers and for those keen to attend both, it's perfectly achievable.

It's great that groudspeak have not only granted you your mega status but are sponsoring you too.

"4. Since you aim to achieve Mega status for your event, you will include www.geocaching.com as a sponsor on the separate webpage you have created for this event. If you have tiers of sponsorship, geocaching.com must be at the highest level of sponsorship." - from Knowledge Books - 7.5. Mega-Event Classification. I hope that clarifies things. We're very happy to answer questions as the Geolympix snowball continues to grow. Pre-registration stands at almost 400 now :)

If you missed the news on the Geolympix website, we're giving away a new eTrex 20 with OS Explorer 25k BirdsEye Select map voucher worth a total of £200 and two Garmin Chirp Geocaching beacons worth £19.99 each at the meet. These additional prizes have been supplied by new Geolympix Sponsor GPS Training.

Fresh keyrings from Base of Tree have also arrived, so attendees to GC32G52 - Countdown to the Geolympix #9 - London by goldpot can be sure of freebies! It's on from 2pm-6pm on Saturday October 15th at The Cutty Sark Tavern in Greenwich, right on the WGS84 Prime Meridian. Hope to see you there :)

Edited to add a treat for Louis Lovers ;)

***Name removed*** sports a Geolympix lanyard. Practical and hard-wearing, they make great swap items and cost just a pound. Or even less! (21 for £20, 106 for £100)

d268dfb7-bcee-4294-a0aa-cfe2cb2a555c.jpg

Edited by geohatter
Removed family unfriendly content

I'm sorry but this is Geocaching, we are not here to look at some scantly dressed female holding a GPS, if this is what GeoOlympix has to stoop to, to gain credibility, you have lost any you had. Not attending this event on the grounds of morals!

I REALY can't believe I'm saying this - - - but - - - I agree with Moote

My I politely suggest that nobody (especially kids) google the "actress" above.....

Hers is certainly not the image geocaching would want advertising an event that they're connected with, I'm sure of that. :o

I'm sorry but this is Geocaching, we are not here to look at some scantly dressed female holding a GPS, if this is what GeoOlympix has to stoop to, to gain credibility, you have lost any you had. Not attending this event on the grounds of morals!

see :

Dear God. I'm sure you're a lovely man but hang this round some beautiful buxom blonde's neck and I'm far more likely to buy it. Beardie model, I'm sure you agree. Still, thoroughly looking forward to the Geolympix :D

A tongue in cheek response by SP doing what he was 'asked' and he gets flak over it?? Come on peeps!

My I politely suggest that nobody (especially kids) google the "actress" above.....

Hers is certainly not the image geocaching would want advertising an event that they're connected with, I'm sure of that. :o

see :

A tongue in cheek response by SP doing what he was 'asked' and he gets flak over it?? Come on peeps!

So using your logic, if I suggested some obscene act with a donkey, then it would be OK for him to post a picture of one?

So using your logic, if I suggested some obscene act with a donkey, then it would be OK for him to post a picture of one?

slight difference there eh?

Not at all,

1. The original post included the name of an "adult actress"

2. The Picture is a picture of a lady who is known to work in the world of "adult entertainment"

3. The Tee shirt in the picture is for a commercial "adult entertainment" website

4. The gesture of the hands around the GPS is commonly used to symbolise a ladies private areas.

Children visit this site on a regular basis, and we should not introduce them to these subliminal messages.

Edited by Moote

slight difference there eh?

Not at all,

1. The original post included the name of an "adult actress"

2. The Picture is a picture of a lady who is known to work in the world of "adult entertainment"

3. The Tee shirt in the picture is for a commercial "adult entertainment" website

4. The gesture of the hands around the GPS is commonly used to symbolise a ladies private areas.

Children visit this site on a regular basis, and we should not introduce them to these subliminal messages.

Really?

Lighten up a bit. Walk on beach on a hot day and you'll see plenty of women dressed with far less on. Is that damaging to kids too?

Edit: Been told some references now removed. Apologies.

Edited by TheGoodNorth