Rise of the Planet of the Apes Caches?

Just wondering if there were any plans for a "pre-quel" series of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" caches to be placed to coincide with the upcoming movie?

Checked the economy recently? :unsure:

Seriously... no word at this point, and I doubt it. But I don't know. Just my opinion.

Just wondering if there were any plans for a "pre-quel" series of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" caches to be placed to coincide with the upcoming movie?

Checked the economy recently? :unsure:

Seriously... no word at this point, and I doubt it. But I don't know. Just my opinion.

+1

Nope. I can't find the comment, but it was previously noted that Groundspeak talked to the studio and they had no interest.

More specifically, Jeremy stated on his Facebook page:

We were working on bringing a new series of caches back for the new movie, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, but decided against it. Instead, with the exception of the Brazil Project APE cache, we are closing the chapter on Project APE.

Lack of support by FOX, angst over devaluing the original caches and the ape theme being unrelated to geocaching were several factors for us making this decision.

Earlier Jeremy had indicated;

FOX passed on an official Project APE promotion for Rise of the Planet of the Apes, but we're going to do something cool without them.

Just as well. The sequels (or prequels) are never as good.

Edited by justacacher

Its not like the first film was any good either, lol. The only good ape films are the originals. Remakes suck, be original! Additionally Tim Burton is a no talent one trick pony! The ending of his makes no sense what so ever. Not to mention he totally missed the entire underlying plot of the series. I was never about lets get the balls to fight the apes. The movies were about the civil rights movement, so much so that the forth one had to have its ending changed because the studio feared it may encourage violence.

Additionally Tim Burton is a no talent one trick pony! The ending of his makes no sense what so ever. Not to mention he totally missed the entire underlying plot of the series.

Regardless of your (or my) opinion of Tim Burton's directing skills, The ending of his "Planet of the Apes" was actually closer to the original Pierre Boulle books' ending than the 1968 movie was.

Just as well. The sequels (or prequels) are never as good.

With the notable exception of Aliens, I'm with you.

What about Star Wars? Empire Strikes Back was better than the original! Revenge of the Sith was pretty good, as well.

Jeremy has also said that the era of Project APE is done, there will be no more new APE caches and that Mission 9 will not be unarchived.

Edited by Dgwphotos

.....But whats this about geico?

Two things.

1) Ellipsis.

2) If you're trying to draw some sort of connection from the promotional series of APE caches to the promotional Geico Gecko trackables, you're barking up the wrong guideline(s).

One thing, I realized after typing up my original point that I didn't agree with it and since I couldn't delete I just worked with what I had. The connection I was trying to make was between my reply and the need for a delete post button.