Offline PQs on the iPhone

I can't seem to get logged into the Feedback site so will post the question here.

I cannot figure out how to load my own (or offline) GPX files into the official geocaching app for iPhone. I know you can do it on the Droid version, as convoluted as it is. How do you do it with an iPhone?

If you have the recent update to the geacoaching app the PQ section is under the Search tab at the bottom. Oce you have downloaded the PQ the caches can be viewed under the saved tab.

Let me be more clear. I want to upload my own GPX files. Not ones created using the geocaching PQ process.

No way to upload outside info to the official app on the iPhone. The app has now way of pulling data from anywhere else but the web site. Apple keeps the iPhone locked down so you can't transfer directly to the unit. Though there are exceptions. Apple allows apps to be tied to web sites. I have an Adobe reader app that uses a web page to take the doc from your PC and move it over to the iPhone through the internet. So its more a limitation of the iPhone then the app.

Since installing the update for the IPhone app, I can't see PQ's in the "Download Pocket Queries' tab. It worked fine before the upgrade.

8:47am Update to my own question: Run the PQ as 'Uncheck the day of the week' option rather than 'run once & delete' option :rolleyes:

Edited by fuzzynz

Talk about convoluted! :o

The geosphere process is actually simple. If the pocket query is available for download, you can simply go to the file and download it directly from the Groundspeak site. If the gpx is created offline, you have to get it to where the app can find it, which is usually through an email link. In either event, it loads the pqs very fast and offers advanced filtering.

Edited by justacacher