Awfully quiet in the forums today...

cb82

I'll send our cloudy weather to someone who wants it.

ME! ME! ME!!! We had a 30% chance of SEEING a cloud this morning...ended up with the 70% chance of it being completely clear, and a 100% chance of a heat index of 105+.

Luck indeed.

ME! ME! ME!!! We had a 30% chance of SEEING a cloud this morning...ended up with the 70% chance of it being completely clear, and a 100% chance of a heat index of 105+.

Luck indeed.

Looks like it is on its way. Let me know when it gets there.

Today's high in Durango is 91, Farmington it is just over 100. The humidity is a bit high for this time of year. But over all around 5 degrees cooler then normal.

Luck indeed.

Today's high in Durango is 91, Farmington it is just over 100. The humidity is a bit high for this time of year. But over all around 5 degrees cooler then normal.

Heat index of 103 here. I think I'd rather be caching in the rain.

I will always take kinda dreary, cloudy or a bit wet than 100 degrees and dry. Then again, I grew up in Seattle.

If I had caching plans today, I would not let the rain stop me, unless they were really high terrain caches and then I might consider them best left for a safer day.

When it's gawdawful, fishermen say it's too hot to fish; we say it's too hot to cache. I've got a TB I've had for 2 months; picked it up in AR & since it had been bouncing around there for quite some time, I decided to bring it on to KS. I need to drop it off but it's just too darn hot. I haven't cached since Sun. & need a fix but not in this heat. Yuck.

Luck indeed.

Not. Gonna. Make. It. Gonna end up about 50 miles short of us.

Will kick up the humidity though. Thanks. <_<

:)

Edited by JBnW

It's been quite cool for our area. Today topped out at 72 degrees. I'm loving it, better than 100 (or more) degrees like it sometimes is by this time of year.

I saw a temperature map for the U.S. yesterday and basically the only places on the map that were not red or orange were Oregon and Washington. It got up to about 100 here yesterday with a heat index of 110. It's already 81 degrees here (about 7:30AM) and is supposed to get to about 92. I didn't do any caching yesterday but spent a few hours in the early evening outside at the lake. We joined our local yacht club this year and I'm hoping put a cache nearby. There's a really nice waterfall there that is kind of hidden (though a frequently traveled road goes right above it) and is only really accessible from the yacht club parking lot.

It's been quite cool for our area. Today topped out at 72 degrees. I'm loving it, better than 100 (or more) degrees like it sometimes is by this time of year.

I saw a temperature map for the U.S. yesterday and basically the only places on the map that were not red or orange were Oregon and Washington. It got up to about 100 here yesterday with a heat index of 110. It's already 81 degrees here (about 7:30AM) and is supposed to get to about 92. I didn't do any caching yesterday but spent a few hours in the early evening outside at the lake. We joined our local yacht club this year and I'm hoping put a cache nearby. There's a really nice waterfall there that is kind of hidden (though a frequently traveled road goes right above it) and is only really accessible from the yacht club parking lot.

Woohoo! Party at NYPaddleCacher's Yacht Club!