Geocaching app on Phones

Sammy and Jamie

I use the original Motorola Droid phone with the android Geocaching app and it works pretty well as long as I have a signal. I did have some struggling this weekend up in the mountains with signal but downloading the caches beforehand as an offline list helped greatly. I can definitely recommend any android platform phone because the app works great.

I wasnt thinking about an Iphone or smart phone.

I have a 6 year old Nokia, and was looking to get something newer that I can either get on the internet or just get this geocaching app on a phone, I wasnt looking at spending much like an i phone, as I dont even spend enought to go for a contract, I was just thinking If anyone else had an older phone, I will look for a Motorola, then but I saw on ebay the other day, a Nokia Navigation, didnt get chance to read it, but might try look for that again too.

I wasnt thinking about an Iphone or smart phone.

I have a 6 year old Nokia, and was looking to get something newer that I can either get on the internet or just get this geocaching app on a phone, I wasnt looking at spending much like an i phone, as I dont even spend enought to go for a contract, I was just thinking If anyone else had an older phone, I will look for a Motorola, then but I saw on ebay the other day, a Nokia Navigation, didnt get chance to read it, but might try look for that again too.

I believe any phone that would have a GPS and able to access the web would be considered a 'smart phone' and most would require you to have a contract of some sort or paying a monthly fee.

BlackBerry has an awesome geocaching app called Geocacher Navigator.

It is $9.99 one time fee.

Android has an awesome app called c:geo. It is free.

I've used both, and much prefer Android, and c:geo. I'm with Verizon Wireless and use an HTC Thunderbolt.

Another option is to skip the smartphone and just get a less expensive handheld GPS unit. You can get a nice one for $50-100.

Edited by SeekerOfTheWay

BlackBerry has an awesome geocaching app called Geocacher Navigator.

It is $9.99 one time fee.

Android has an awesome app called c:geo. It is free.

I've used both, and much prefer Android, and c:geo. I'm with Verizon Wireless and use an HTC Thunderbolt.

Another option is to skip the smartphone and just get a less expensive handheld GPS unit. You can get a nice one for $50-100.

I am a complete novice - and couldnt afford a lot for a phone - but I wanted one with gps and wifi - samsung monte 5620 was the one for me - I have installed trekbuddy for geocaching and wetravel for road navigation. You can get it for between £70 and £80 on pay as you go. hth x